School Holidays 2013

retell

hello any body knows when the official holidays are like the weeks of with songkran and other long holidays

for schoolchildren

i do not know if it is different from province to province but i stay mukdahan

all i can find are the buddist holidays and such

but i need to know when the kids in my neibourhood are free so i can keep that in mind with my internet cafe

many greets

Maarten

I think different schools have different dates, that is what I have noticed over the years...

Live in a small Village, yet all the kds appear to go to different schools....... eg: next house up she went to school this morning, 2 houses down last day for the 2 girls was last Friday......... Across the road last day was last Thursday and she goes back to school on the 20th May.

2 different boys were home Monday last week, they school in Australia.. the boy that schools in the USA only comes home for Summer and Christmas holidays, one schools in the UK only see him in the Summer.

I have no idea or schooling here but always thought it odd........ in the Village there are 12 school kids and 12 mini buses come every day, even 2 houses down that have 2 girls they go to different schools....... across the road the Mini bus arrives at 05:45 and returns at 18 - 18:15, all the rest arrive between 7:30 and 8 am........ it is not a subject that comes up, about a year ago it did about a 6 years old and his Mother said it cost 50,000 baht per term in the school he goes to..

The holiday lists for 2013 are superfluous. Every region, amphur and tambon all have different holidays. Though the regular holidays such as August 12 or December 5th., are the usual, the rest bounce around depending on local politics and moods of the big bosses.

If an election is called, those are added as an official holiday, as well.

You'll likely find, that international schools aside, most schools should be on their summer holidays at the moment (From roughly early/mid march - mid may, varying between schools, and the students who failed subjects may come in to do some special work etc).

However, many schools will offer summer school, or at least the teachers will offer tutoring at their houses or an office or similar. So you might see students around in uniform, even though they aren't actually going to regular school