Mist Fans

siampolee

Come all you chaps and chapesses in Isaan,

I need some help please.

I can recall being at a function some years back and the open air canvas tilt was being cooled by fans which had as I recall a small reservoir tank of water, the water being sprayed out in a mist format by the fans and it was indeed very effective at cooling the air and me too.

Now living as I do in the middle of nowhere halfway twixt Sangkha and Chong Chom I would appreciate one of these gizmo's on the veranda in the evening or even through the day.

The only liquid format at the moment being me as I slowly dissolve into a watery salty gooey flood.

Anyone know where I might be able to purchase one or more of these fans please?

Edited by siampolee

These evaporative fans are more up to date now (no canvas) and are quite efficient. Only problem is they rely on water to cool, thus increase the humidity where they are working. For this reason I would not recommend indoor use. Outside on your verandah should be fine. Available at big shopping centres, hardware etcetera. Price according to size.

Thank you both for your help, I got cooled down today due to mother nature, great storm and a temperature drop of around 12.C. from + 40C. to = 28C. I presume you also benefited from the weather change too?

Barrybankruad, thanks it is for external use however thanks for the info. Indoors tiled floor and ceiling fans , bedroom air con no problems.

Watzee , Thanks we're going to hit Home pro in the next few days,

I like it hot but getting up to around+40 c. is a bit too much for me.

Edited by siampolee

petertucker48.

Lived here for some 22+ years and prior to actually retiring to Surin many a visit was made,. My old internal workings have coped with whatever they ingest over the years.

Dancealot.

My boy you've given me an idea, cheap and cheerful will be given a try wai2.gif

• Like 1

Why so difficult? Use it all the time, manually. I put mine in the freezerthumbsup.gif But dont forget it!biggrin.png

tumblr_l6mo64EemL1qzp0gto1_400.jpg
Probably B100 at homepro and your sorted.

These are a great idea for motor bikers.

5 or 6 baht for a bottle of cold water from 7/11 and a quick spray to cool yourself down before you ride off.

• Like 2