Drunk Road Rage Driver Threatens Tourist Bus Driver

Rimmer

Drunk Road Raging Thai Points Gun At Tourist Van
PATTAYA:--A Pattaya municipal officer used his gun to threaten a van driver transporting tourists on Sukhumvit Road, near the Pattaya Floating Market. The drunk suspect was tailgating the van, and became enraged when the van did not make room to let him pass. He was later arrested.

PATTAYA – March 31, 2013 [PDN]; at 11 p.m., a report of a man in a pickup truck using a gun to threaten a van of people was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Seksan Reuvate, Inspector, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province. The incident occurred on Sukhumvit Road in front of the Pattaya Floating Market, entrance side to Amphur Sattahip.

Waiting for the police at the scene was the frightened tourist van driver, identified as Mr. Boonleang Aphaisit, age 46, address 50/750 Moo 5 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province.

He said he was driving Russian tourists from the Ambassador hotel, and at the red light intersection of Chaiyapreuk road, a pickup truck driver behind his van continually pressed his horn all the time. So Mr. Boonleang tried to give the way to the pickup truck to let it pass, but there were still the cars on the left lane, so he could not change to the left lane.

Later, he had enough space to let the pickup truck cut in front of his van. But the pickup truck driver pulled up alongside his van, and then took out a gun to threaten him, which frightened the foreign tourists in the van.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/04/01/drunk-road-raging-thai-points-gun-at-tourist-van/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-04-01

May be among measures to reduce the number of people allowed to keep and carry fire arms in public, it should also be an offense to carry a gun while intoxicated. (automatic ban on having access to fire arms).

• Like 1

Well, he did say he was sorry, and didnt want to shoot anyone, so lets just forgive him?? Big man, until he gets caught!

Yes, well unfortunately in this country, pointing a gun at someone is an automatic attempted murder charge, as I understand it. Good too - people who carry guns in this country should be jailed.

so your suggesting all the policeman and members of the armed forces be arrested ?

• Like 1

May be among measures to reduce the number of people allowed to keep and carry fire arms in public, it should also be an offense to carry a gun while intoxicated. (automatic ban on having access to fire arms).

well this would be a 70% reduction of armed police on the streets then..biggrin.png

Is there not an investigative reporter who would check with police and publish the name of the culprit along with licence plates of the offenders vehicle? That's the detail readers would like to know. Perhaps the culprit is under police "protection" so the case can't be made public??

• Like 1

Maybe the Road raged driver is going to read this & go to the address now of Mr. Boonleang Aphaisit @ address 50/750 Moo 5 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province?

• Like 1

Why the hell do the media insist on publishing the full name and home address of the victims of crime here?> <deleted> morons, is there no privacy or protection at all in this country?

I wonder how well this van driver or his family sleep right now?

But as he is a van driver we really don't care and even if he was shot it would just be a chance to avoid that he kills innocent passengers soon as all these van drivers will do sooner or later !

They actually printed the address of the driver? <deleted>?

Yes, it is absolutely crazy and irresponsible. The readers don't give a shit where folk live BUT the felons do. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy reporting. sad.png

Must be that "Thai-ness" thing that farang will never understand. The longer I stay in Thailand, the more I am asking myself why?

Thai men are a bit like elephants in some ways. When they are in musth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musth), they go haywaire, and if you damage their rather sensitive face, then you are asking for trouble

Edited by eddie61

Well, he did say he was sorry, and didnt want to shoot anyone, so lets just forgive him?? Big man, until he gets caught!

Yes, well unfortunately in this country, pointing a gun at someone is an automatic attempted murder charge, as I understand it. Good too - people who carry guns in this country should be jailed.

You must be kidding..there are no laws in this country.

So you mean they should be free to carry them in other countries but not here? Why?

Edited by davejones

Maybe the Road raged driver is going to read this & go to the address now of Mr. Boonleang Aphaisit @ address 50/750 Moo 5 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province?

It's gross stupidity for the diver's address to be reported. Don't ThaiVisa and others realize they could be putting his life in danger.

A Pattaya municipal officer used his gun to threaten a van driver transporting tourists on Sukhumvit Road, near the Pattaya Floating Market. The drunk suspect was tailgating the van, and became enraged when the van did not make room to let him pass.

Ahhh, Thainess.

Such a beautiful thing to behold.

But the pickup truck driver pulled up alongside his van, and then took

out a gun to threaten him, which frightened the foreign tourists in the

van.

I foresee the charges of brandishing a weapon to be dropped in favor of the much more serious charges of 'tarnishing Thailand's image' if this officer isn't connected in any way.

Who does he think he is, showing tourists the true nature of the Thai, lock him up or at least transfer him out of tourists eyes.

people who carry guns in this country should be jailed.

Good idea, it would cut the number of cars on the roads in half!

Just curious what the hiring requirements are for Pattaya City employees. It was only a few weeks ago when another Pattaya employee attacked someone in a fit of rage, at Bali Hai pier. Hoping this one also gets sacked.

Must be that "Thai-ness" thing that farang will never understand. The longer I stay in Thailand, the more I am asking myself why?

And it wasn't long ago where the Police officer was waving a gun at the Ford dealer, But when asked the police said they don't know that police officer. What ever happened with that anyway?

I believe they said it was his sister that pulled the gun while he watched.

But the pickup truck driver pulled up alongside his van, and then took

out a gun to threaten him, which frightened the foreign tourists in the

van.

I foresee the charges of brandishing a weapon to be dropped in favor of the much more serious charges of 'tarnishing Thailand's image' if this officer isn't connected in any way.

Who does he think he is, showing tourists the true nature of the Thai, lock him up or at least transfer him out of tourists eyes.

Haven't you ever heard of the Thailand reshuffle, it's like the Harlem Shake, on Harlem shake you get watch naughty people move around.....OOPS! they do the same thing in the Thailand Reshuffle.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifblink.png