Motorcycle Accident Caused Death To Grade 12 International School Student On Saturday.

tangcoral

There were some details on the (I think it was) Facebook page. I can't seem to find the page now though.

On the photos where the monks were doing the blessing it looked very much like the tunnel that goes under the Mae Rim road near Sala Klang. The one you take if you want to go on the ring road towards Mae Jo Rd. It mentioned tunnel and it was also bright blue which the entrance to that tunnel is.

Whoever was posting, mentioned mounting the footpath as the cause and the rider being thrown into the air. As far as I could ascertain there was no other vehicles involved (unless avoiding one of course).

There were some details on the (I think it was) Facebook page. I can't seem to find the page now though.

On the photos where the monks were doing the blessing it looked very much like the tunnel that goes under the Mae Rim road near Sala Klang. The one you take if you want to go on the ring road towards Mae Jo Rd. It mentioned tunnel and it was also bright blue which the entrance to that tunnel is.

Whoever was posting, mentioned mounting the footpath as the cause and the rider being thrown into the air. As far as I could ascertain there was no other vehicles involved (unless avoiding one of course).

The email we received said "accident occurred near school", the school is near Meechok Plaza, not sure if your location is near Meechok.

Edited by tangcoral

The email we received said "accident occurred near school", the school is near Meechok Plaza, not sure if your location is near Meechok.

If you head east from that underpass you pass the school before getting to Ruamchoke intersection. Its not far from the school.

I understand from my son (who went) that there was a high turnout by Api's school-friends yesterday for the funeral, more than a hundred from NIS, several minibus-loads from CMIS, and 2-3 from Prem too, apart from all the other mourners.

Sometimes you hear something like this, which gives you hope, that the new generation is turning out to be full of really-excellent young people. thumbsup.gif

R.I.P., Api. wai2.gif

You can still get into trouble even if you're careful. I almost had an accident in Nimman soi 9 a car almost hit me and other flash headlight light at me for entering the Soi because they forgot the one-way rule has ended on 31 March. I could have been killed if I was in a motorbike.

A lot of Thai drivers and riders are careless and don't stop at pedestrian crossing. Most Thais entering the main road without looking...

Is the life... People die every minute... RIP

Total crap. your attitude would soon change if it were someone nearest or dearest to you involved in a fatal accident.

All my 3 kids have motorbikes and I `m constantly on tender hooks worrying about them Everyday using those bikes. I say to them, please be careful on those deathtraps. When you`re on the road, think only about your driving and nothing else.

Some years ago when they first got the motorbikes, I spent many hours with them on the roads and did not let them out alone on the things until I was sure they were proficient enough to drive safely.

All there is to do is live in hope that nothing bad happens and my heartfelt sympathies go out to the family of this tragic road victim.

I didn't want to say this earlier, but as the inevitable discussion has been kicked off now: there is no way I will let my kids anywhere near a motorbike. And that includes any friend's bike.

Haha! At some point, it's gonna happen. Either with your approval or sneaking behind your back. And of course the more forbidden/ taboo it is, the bigger the attraction will be.

Why not teach then to ride safely and responsibly, rather than waiting for them to try to "figure it out on their own", without your supervision or guidance? Probably the same approach most parents also take towards alcohol consumption or safe sex.

-Mestizo

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Firstly my thoughts are with the family in this difficult time.

As for being a hypocrite, the lessons I learnt from my youthful indiscretions will also be passed on to my children, otherwise I would be a foolish parent.

At the time being teaching my young sons correct cycling safety and usage before I'll allow them to ride outside our gate. But when it comes to that time to deal with motorcys I'll have to do a great deal of thinking. But riding is a way of life here and needs careful consideration.

• Like 1

I didn't want to say this earlier, but as the inevitable discussion has been kicked off now: there is no way I will let my kids anywhere near a motorbike. And that includes any friend's bike.

Haha! At some point, it's gonna happen. Either with your approval or sneaking behind your back. And of course the more forbidden/ taboo it is, the bigger the attraction will be.

Why not teach then to ride safely and responsibly, rather than waiting for them to try to "figure it out on their own", without your supervision or guidance? Probably the same approach most parents also take towards alcohol consumption or safe sex.

-Mestizo

Why the Haha ? unless this is a funny subject facepalm.gif it's certainly not going to happen with my daughter,

you obviously seem to think that because your children will sneak behind your back that all children are the same !

To be fair, if a car whacks into them at any sort of speed, it doesn't matter how much you have taught them to ride safely and responsilble.

I would never let my kid out on a motorbike in Thailand. I don't care how proficient you are, they drive like nutters and you have more chance of survival being hit in a car than hit on a motorbike.

That's why it's such a tragedy that Chiang Mai doesn't have a decent public transport system. It's a thriving city <deleted>.

• Like 1

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this tradgedy.

Most parents love their children and some have an extra strong love for their children. The stronger the love the harder the loss . Again prayers of comfort and condolence to the parents especially.

I cannot help but to notice the oddity of title " Api Enders " There certainly is no happy ender to this tragedy

RIP young man, RIPsad.pngsad.png