Car Wash On Samui

There are several around the island. The one opposite Samui Town Center next to the gym , used to be good, but gone iffy since new owners took it on & the price changes with every visit.

They have one in Big C car park itself, people seem to be happy with it. one in the car park Homepro/ Tesco, one next to Go Kart track Bophut & a couple in Maenam.

Just visit them & check them out.

May I please offer words of advice.

I recently put my car in for washing at one of these places and the guys in there recognised me and also knew where I lived. I left my car for many hours and on my return there were no keys. Soon a man came back on a motorbike and handed over the keys which was very odd to say the least. Where did he go with my car keys and why?

My brain then went into overdrive, as it often does, and I thought that they iether had gone to my house with the keys or they had copied them ready for a nightime visit later on!

On returning home all was OK as I have a housekeeper who had been there all day! Also my many dogs were in place as usual!

My point - Be careful when handing over your key bunch to these operators, which often has your car key, house key, garage key etc etc etc. They can easily work out where you live from stuff like bills and letters in your car and then visit at leisure.

Just advice, not meaning to cause offence to any legitimate service providers but it could be the case. All it takes is one bad apple needing some quick money!

I now have new locks on my house and only ever hand over my car key after removing it from the ring!

Hope this is taken in the right way as just some advice!

• Like 2

Half way between Tesco and the post office, there is one if you turn right at the 7/11 oppostie the Green Kasikorn Bank (if driving towards teh post office). When you turn right is is about 50 metres on the right side. Very nice people in there.

There is' Samui Wash &Wax' I used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's located going out of Maenam towards Nathon on the left side just after the big furniture places. Did a very good job have a nice place to relax if you want to wait with magazines and cold water.

400 Baht for a wash and wax it took about 1 hour.

I will be going back

Half way between Tesco and the post office, there is one if you turn right at the 7/11 oppostie the Green Kasikorn Bank (if driving towards teh post office). When you turn right is is about 50 metres on the right side. Very nice people in there.

+1

May I please offer words of advice.

I recently put my car in for washing at one of these places and the guys in there recognised me and also knew where I lived. I left my car for many hours and on my return there were no keys. Soon a man came back on a motorbike and handed over the keys which was very odd to say the least. Where did he go with my car keys and why?

My brain then went into overdrive, as it often does, and I thought that they iether had gone to my house with the keys or they had copied them ready for a nightime visit later on!

On returning home all was OK as I have a housekeeper who had been there all day! Also my many dogs were in place as usual!

My point - Be careful when handing over your key bunch to these operators, which often has your car key, house key, garage key etc etc etc. They can easily work out where you live from stuff like bills and letters in your car and then visit at leisure.

Just advice, not meaning to cause offence to any legitimate service providers but it could be the case. All it takes is one bad apple needing some quick money!

I now have new locks on my house and only ever hand over my car key after removing it from the ring!

Hope this is taken in the right way as just some advice!

Call me a hyper-vigilant worry wart but I'd change or recombinate my locks if that had happened to me.

They only need the car keys at best.

Had chosen the carwash in BigC-car park (so I could do some shopping at the same time). The price of washing, waxing (quality?) and interior cleaning was 450 baht. The work was completed well within 70 minutes, but not perfect. Entry boards and liner were not really clean, so I think the work could be carried out more detailed. Next time I'll try a different car wash...

The Car wash at Tesco chaweng was terrible, they have actually stained the paintwork to our car by using dirty water, had a local car repair shop look at the damage. noy easy to prove either. In bigC car park, similar experience to a previous poster, OK, but missed the side steps and totally missed the rear interior.

If like me you only occasionally get your car washed by someone other than yourself, I would recommend Glitter, which is near PTT/Bangkok Samui Hospital. Expensive (compared to others), but top job, aircon waiting room with free refreshments.

Last time I popped in and booked the day before as this shop is very popular with the locals too.