Where Is A Good Backpacker Hang Ou?

driedmango

Looking for low key area with some good old parties and cheap prices

Build a time machine and go back 20 years....

Krabi (IMO) hasn't been good value for at least 10 years and frankly the popular places like Railay and Ao Nang are just grim. Try the other side of the isthmus, especially Ko Tao which is becoming quite a decent 'all round' place to be these days.

• Like 1

Seems the two posters have summed it up ,ao nang is aimed at family's and couples now very difficult to meet people if you are travelling alone.

Railey forgetvit millionaires playground ,you could try tonsai between ao nang and railey if there is a party that's where it will be gets mixed reviews some say it's a bit of a mess and dirty though.

As mentioned above Ton Sai. The only reasonably priced area in Krabi.
there is other nice quietvbeeches with cheap prices but they are completely back to nature in peacefull and quiet location yet still only 5-10 minuites from ao nang however i dont think thats what op is looking for, these places are more to get away from it all for a couple of relaxing days on a quiet beach.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe I should check out other countries like Vietnam.. I am not that you 35, but I travel alone so I consider backpacker industry area better suited... I have been all around the north and love it but want to check south out, not interested in puchet.

You might try Koh Lanta, Tonsai or even Krabi town itself, still a bit going on if you look around. Ao Nang I'm afraid to say, is an overpriced overdeveloped dump these days with little in the way of cheap accommodation. I should know, I live there.

• Like 1