Thaksin Is Busy Talking, But Is Anyone Listening?

george

Having been a daily reader of the ScMs I have a high regard for this paper , even though the Chinese Mainland political police would like to close its doors, as for Thaksin , he's talking and they are all listening , maybe the Yowie rothweiler popping up will make the people of Thailand realise they've been taken for a ride, as someone remarked last night , Yingluck the sugar coated pill lady. Disclosure: I'm in Dems territory.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people talking about Thaksin are the Democrats and the media, no one else gives a flying fig- if they stopped talking about him and reporting his every breath, then maybe the country could start to at least move on a day to day basis.

Correct! But how to make Thaksin stop talking/interfering...?whistling.gif

And how can they stop millions of Thais voting for him in ever growing numbers at each general election.

I thought they voted for Yingluck at the last election.

So are you saying that she is not the real Prime Minister after all?

Hear, hear.

Thailand has unwittingly permitted its leadership to be hijacked by one unusual, rich and ambitious Thai exile living in Dubai.

Rather than having its leadership hijacked for decades by a number of unusually rich, Thai families living, who knows where!

As usual talk is cheap.

Care to name them.

Or are you just another poster talking to hear them selves talk. Once again I say with all the talk about the Shinawartas pretty much proves there will be no liable charges.

The only people talking about Thaksin are the Democrats and the media, no one else gives a flying fig- if they stopped talking about him and reporting his every breath, then maybe the country could start to at least move on a day to day basis.

And how can they stop millions of Thais voting for him in ever growing numbers at each general election.

Perhaps if there was a viable alternative party to compete with the PTP it would be a start. Currently the opposition spend more time walking out of parliament in a strop than they do actually debating and putting forward viable polices to garner support.

It sure beats the PT policy of having an armed contingent ready to attempt to burn Bangkok down at the word of one man.

• Like 2

Compulsory reading for the brown-nosed brigade should be Phillip Cunningham's article in last Saturday's other paper.

It's not the public who are listening to Thaksin but the PT party who are being told what to do about every sizable issue on their plate. B2.2tn loan - approve it or else. Amnesty - get a move on or else.

Yingluck is indeed popular, quite possibly because she is unlike Thaksin. The country would be so much better off if everyone, including PTP, didn't have to listen to the self-serving megalomaniac.

Just further proof that if Thai Vista is to become a non biased forum they will have to come to terms with the Nations opposition or other sources such as the South China Morning Post print edition

• Like 1

Thailand has unwittingly permitted its leadership to be hijacked by one unusual, rich and ambitious Thai exile living in Dubai.

Rather than having its leadership hijacked for decades by a number of unusually rich, Thai families living, who knows where!

There is only one family in Thai politics. The Shinawatra's. Just ask them or their cohorts. Planning on how to steal 2.2 trillion baht while Taksin orders Bangkok to burn again.

Then why didn't/don't Thaksin and his proxies DO something when they were/are in power?????

It will take more decades to put right than the decades it has taken to create the problems. That is why

Thais continue to put their faith in Thaksin, Yingluk and PTP with increasing voter numbers at each general election.

As a Nottingham Forest supporter I simply cnnot agree with you.

You have far more to worry about than Thaksin then. 555

I think Nottingham Forest are well above the Rams in the Championship. Incidentaly, I have no truck with Thaksin, as a former member of staff of an International Human Rights organization I understand the nature of dictatorships and dictators and for me Thaksin is cut from the same block. He has not interest in anything to do with Thailand except his own power and ego. What's worse he tried to buy Liverpool with government cash and when that failed he bought Manchester City. Apparently senior execs within the City at the time thought he was an utter buffoon. A former business associate of mine was one of these. (Just reread my post. It sounds like a former business associate of mine was a buffoon - this one wasn't, he was a bright spark. I meant to say - somewhat clumsily - that they all thought Thaksin was a buffoon!!!!!)

Edited by ianf

Nobody is listening to Thaksin or to Abhisit or Chuan or Chavalit. People have better things to do. The country has moved on. There is a capable PM and if she finds a way to retire all those sorry old men in pampers who call themselves (unelected) senators the country will really move forward. Anyhow in 5 years time all the usual suspects in the rape of democracy will be dead and gone than the country might have a real chance. Not that people listen to the old hostage takers either.

• Like 1

Thai education standards? Give them a tablet and tell them to shut up

I can assure you that a great many Thais are far better educated and more skilled than a large number of Thai Visa members.

It isn't a particularly difficult accomplishment either.

• Like 1

There is no need for Thaksin to return to Thailand as long as

1. Cabinet members and high ranking PTP official still wet their pants when he calls them on Skype to deliver a roasting,

2. The whole camarilla sailing under the PTP flag still regards it mandatory to go on an annual pilgrimage to receive the paymasters blessings, and

2. The PM impersonator does not show any inclination to depart on a student solo flight without instructor.

Him being "unable" to return to his "fatherland" is a great excuse for Thailand not being the leading ASEAN nation yet, and Thaksin will use it at nauseam while the country goes down the drain.

And the chances of getting "sehdaenged" are a lot higher for him in Thailand than in Dubai. He knows that.

Sure he does... That's why he's there, not here

I think you shot yourself in the foot with the education example.....

No you are wrong, I indicated that it was decades of rule under the "unsually rich" families that that caused the dire state of education in Thailand. I further indicated that it would take decades to repair the damage. Also your memory is not strong, Thaksin parties have not been in power for 10 out of the last 12 years. Check it out!

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Thailand

09 Feb 2001 to 09 Mar 2005 Thaksin Shinawatra TRT

09 Mar 2005 to 05 April 2006 Thaksin Shinawatra TRT 5 years 15 days

05 Apr 2006 to 23 May 2006 Pol Gen Chitchai Wannasathit TRT 48 days

23 May 2006 to 19 Sep 2006 Thaksin Shinawatra TRT 119 days

19 Sep 2006 to 01 Oct 2006 Gen Sonthi Boonyaraglin later ACM Chalit Pukbhasuk Coup leaders 12 days

01 Ocy 2006 to 01 Jan 2008 Surayud Chulanont Independent 1 year 120 days

29 Jan 2008 to 08 Sep 2008 Samak Sundarvet PPP 223 days

18 Sep 2008 to 02 Dec 2008 Somchai Wongsawat PPP 75 days party disbanded

02 Dec 2008 to 15 Dec 2008 Chaovarat Chanweerakul Independent 13 days

17 Dec 2008 to 05 Aug 2011 Abhisit Vejjajiva Democrat 2 years 231 days

05 Aug 2011 to date Yingluck Shinawatra TRT

I checked it out, are you happy now?

I think you shot yourself in the foot with the education example.....

No you are wrong, I indicated that it was decades of rule under the "unsually rich" families that that caused the dire state of education in Thailand. I further indicated that it would take decades to repair the damage. Also your memory is not strong, Thaksin parties have not been in power for 10 out of the last 12 years. Check it out!

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Thailand

09 Feb 2001 to 09 Mar 2005 Thaksin Shinawatra TRT

09 Mar 2005 to 05 April 2006 Thaksin Shinawatra TRT 5 years 15 days

05 Apr 2006 to 23 May 2006 Pol Gen Chitchai Wannasathit TRT 48 days

23 May 2006 to 19 Sep 2006 Thaksin Shinawatra TRT 119 days

19 Sep 2006 to 01 Oct 2006 Gen Sonthi Boonyaraglin later ACM Chalit Pukbhasuk Coup leaders 12 days

01 Ocy 2006 to 01 Jan 2008 Surayud Chulanont Independent 1 year 120 days

29 Jan 2008 to 08 Sep 2008 Samak Sundarvet PPP 223 days

18 Sep 2008 to 02 Dec 2008 Somchai Wongsawat PPP 75 days party disbanded

02 Dec 2008 to 15 Dec 2008 Chaovarat Chanweerakul Independent 13 days

17 Dec 2008 to 05 Aug 2011 Abhisit Vejjajiva Democrat 2 years 231 days

05 Aug 2011 to date Yingluck Shinawatra TRT

I checked it out, are you happy now?

Looks like the managers roll board at Chelsea under Abramovich.,

• Like 1

Just remind me, I don't seem to recall any of those 'unusually rich people' ordering the deaths of thousands of innocents, nor inciting others to torch the Capital.

I must have missed the news that day.

No the damage done by those 'unusually rich people' has taken place over decades and has been far more destructive to Thailand that anything that may be blamed on Thaksin. Take a look at Thai education standards if you want an example.

Thai education standards?

This reminds me of the poster who said that it was normal for Thaksin to phone in, but no one needed to listen :-)

What I'd like to see: Multiple choice:

A. Thai voters taking money for voting, and then voting for whomever they please. or

B. Report to authorities, whomever offers them vote-money. and/or

C. Tell those who offer money-for-vote - to stick it up their a-holes with a thorny rose stem.

Yingluck proving to be more popular than Thaksin according to polls. She is also more popular than Abhisit as the people voted him out in favor of Yingluck. She is doing very well as far as the Thai people are concerned.

Let's see how well she does at the next election. You're comparing Abhisit's 2nd go 'round with Yingluck's first. Hopefully, by the time of the next nationwide election, Thais (particularly Issanaites) can realize what a problematic quagmire it is for T to dictate policy.

A strong hand like PM Yingluck raising her right pinky when lifting a cup of jasmine tea?

Anyway between PREM-R saying "destructive ... Take a look at Thai education standards if you want an example." amd gKids "many Thais are far better educated ... than a large number of Thai Visa members" there's still my "give them a tablet and let them shutup"

BTW one of our previous Ministers of Education Prof. Dr. Suchart Thada-Thamrongvech started off on the right note in January 2012 with his policy. Pity he didn't last long in PM Yingluck's handpicked cabinet of "knowledgeble", "capable" men with "potential". He either misquoted the boss or was too embarrassing frank.

Philosophy
Police Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra has said about education that Education will lead to the building of peoples vigour. Vigorous and knowledgeable people are powerful capital to fight with poverty. Emphases must be on distribution of benefits with equity, and on regards of people with difficulties, in order to provide qualityeducation for everyone. Education is an important key, a starting element that is necessary in making poverty become past.
The Pheu Thai Party Government shall take care of Thai people as family members and not hurt them nor misapply their money. On education, student-centred approach is committed. Peoples children will be takencare as ours, and teachers as our relatives.
Therefore, the Ministry of Education must look after people, no corruption, no cheating on students, no forcing on teachers and students to welcome executives if not necessary, no drugs distributed among our children. We must relax rules and regulations and other tasks outside teaching and learning.
We must get rid of money charges for post transfers or returns to home towns of teachers. Criteria in assessment of teachers must be clear, decreasing judgement. We must also decrease those debt tempting factors.
In education development, the Pheu Thai Party Government emphasizes the philosophy of EQUITY and TECHNOLOGY application.
We will provide quality basic education for every youth in every area and creating higher education students as professionals.

• Like 2

A strong hand like PM Yingluck raising her right pinky when lifting a cup of jasmine tea?

Anyway between PREM-R saying "destructive ... Take a look at Thai education standards if you want an example." amd gKids "many Thais are far better educated ... than a large number of Thai Visa members" there's still my "give them a tablet and let them shutup"

BTW one of our previous Ministers of Education Prof. Dr. Suchart Thada-Thamrongvech started off on the right note in January 2012 with his policy. Pity he didn't last long in PM Yingluck's handpicked cabinet of "knowledgeble", "capable" men with "potential". He either misquoted the boss or was too embarrassing frank.

Philosophy

Police Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra has said about education that Education will lead to the building of peoples vigour. Vigorous and knowledgeable people are powerful capital to fight with poverty. Emphases must be on distribution of benefits with equity, and on regards of people with difficulties, in order to provide quality education for everyone. Education is an important key, a starting element that is necessary in making poverty become past.

The Pheu Thai Party Government shall take care of Thai people as family members and not hurt them nor misapply their money. On education, student-centred approach is committed. Peoples children will be taken care as ours, and teachers as our relatives.

Therefore, the Ministry of Education must look after people, no corruption, no cheating on students, no forcing on teachers and students to welcome executives if not necessary, no drugs distributed among our children. We must relax rules and regulations and other tasks outside teaching and learning.

We must get rid of money charges for post transfers or returns to home towns of teachers. Criteria in assessment of teachers must be clear, decreasing judgement. We must also decrease those debt tempting factors.

In education development, the Pheu Thai Party Government emphasizes the philosophy of EQUITY and TECHNOLOGY application.

We will provide quality basic education for every youth in every area and creating higher education students as professionals.

Was he going to put electricity in all the schools?

• Like 1

Perhaps if there was a viable alternative party to compete with the PTP it would be a start. Currently the opposition spend more time walking out of parliament in a strop than they do actually debating and putting forward viable polices to garner support.

The dems have to stop hoping that a coup is a viable plan back to power. They should slowly move away from the army and re-assess what they stand for.

If ptp unashamedly stands for corruption, it isn't viable to be the party who stands for relatively less.

• Like 1

Compulsory reading for the brown-nosed brigade should be Phillip Cunningham's article in last Saturday's other paper.

It's not the public who are listening to Thaksin but the PT party who are being told what to do about every sizable issue on their plate. B2.2tn loan - approve it or else. Amnesty - get a move on or else.

Yingluck is indeed popular, quite possibly because she is unlike Thaksin. The country would be so much better off if everyone, including PTP, didn't have to listen to the self-serving megalomaniac.

Just further proof that if Thai Vista is to become a non biased forum they will have to come to terms with the Nations opposition or other sources such as the South China Morning Post print edition

I'm not 100% sure, but a couple of years back it was explained that 'the other English daily' had a problem with this forum linking to its stories.