Aircon Multi-Split Units

Morakot

I have a room with an antechamber. In both rooms I'd like to have an aircon unit each (i.e. 12k and 10k BTU) for occasional use. As both units would be in relative proximity, I am asking whether a multi-split unit system would be of an advantages, especially in terms of purchasing costs in Thailand. Runing both units simultaneously will not be very likely.

Any advice? Many thanks!

Not sure what the cost difference would be but obviously less outside space used with only one compressor. I have two bedrooms with two sets each - in one bought a 9k unit after outage of 18k as a backup but find never need the 18k so only use it. In other room replaced a noisy 12k with a 9k inverter and it is totally fine. So have backups if needed - and that would be an advantage of two complete units.

• Like 1

I checked on this exact situation with Diakin.for 2 9000btu aircons they would have to install a 30,000 btu compressor for 20,000 baht + the price for the control unit & parts. about 250% more than putting in 2 seperate units. Seems like a nice little rippoff scheme. That & it wasn't that easy to get a rep from Diakin that knew enough about the system to make me feel comfortable. We had Diakin come over to replace the lower (water catching device that sounded like it was always drizzling when we had the air on)

The 2 service guys From Diakin told Alisa that they thought the split aircons were more money than the value they provide. that & the compressors are fairly quiet anyway & jumping up to a 30,000 unit I am sure would be noisier. If you are having larger size aircons the compressor may need to be bigger & more expensive.

• Like 1