British Embassy In Laos Re-Opens

Rimmer

British Embassy in Laos Re-opens

Vientiane:--As the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office continues its focus on the Asian region, developing new relationships, and increasing trade with Asian nations, the British Embassy in the Democratic Republic of Laos has re-opened after it closed 28 years ago in 1985.

Pattaya One has obtained the following pictures from the Embassy which has undergone extensive renovation. The Embassy officially opened for business today (Tuesday 2nd April) and offers a wide range of services including consular assistance for British Nationals.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/national/81485/british-embassy-laos-re-opens/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-03

So will Lao nationals be able to get UK visas from here, or will they still need to travel to Bangkok?

I have it on good authority that they won't be offering a visa service from this embassy. If you look on the British Embassy website for Laos, it tells you to go to Bkk and this will not change.

So will Lao nationals be able to get UK visas from here, or will they still need to travel to Bangkok?

I have it on good authority that they won't be offering a visa service from this embassy. If you look on the British Embassy website for Laos, it tells you to go to Bkk and this will not change.

A shame, but I suppose understandable as there is unlikely to be much demand in Laos.