The Yuppie Car Thread...

Well, if you could blow 3-5 million baht on a car in Thailand, then what would you buy out of the following list and why would you buy it??

-- Mazda RX8

-- Nissan 350Z

-- Mistubishi EVO9

-- Subaru WRX STI

-- Benz 200SLK

-- BMW 330i

-- BMW Z4

-- Honda Integra Type R

-- Mini Cooper S

Personally I'm leaning towards the Z4. Great engine, good service network and warranty and recognised brand.

Well, if you could blow 3-5 million baht on a car in Thailand, then what would you buy out of the following list and why would you buy it??

-- Mazda RX8

-- Nissan 350Z

-- Mistubishi EVO9

-- Subaru WRX STI

-- Benz 200SLK

-- BMW 330i

-- BMW Z4

-- Honda Integra Type R

-- Mini Cooper S

Personally I'm leaning towards the Z4. Great engine, good service network and warranty and recognised brand.

None of the above - I would buy a top of the range Toyota Camry and spend the rest of the money on a house - instead of wasting it giving millions to Thaksins govt!

IMHO imported cars are a waste of money - why spend 3 million baht on a car that would cost less than a Toyota Vigo in the UK!

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

Saw Tennis star Paradon "Bon" struggling to remove himself from what appeared to be a ferrari dino (?) at Villa 33 one night. Guy's a similar height as Jeremy Clarkson! Like sitting laying straight out on the floor I'd imagine. One speed bump and that'd be all she wrote :o

BMW 330i gets my vote too... if I had to choose from the list.

Alternatively, I would look long and hard at the Honda Accord with the 3 liter VTEC V6. While it isn't the greatest looking car or as stylish as the BMW, I'll bet it drives like hel_l!

As I get older, I see the practicality of four doors , a decent amount of interior space, trunk space, etc. (which the BMW has... and 2 seater sports cars don't). I've had several Hondas over the years, and always been happy with them.

Also as a benefit- the price difference would buy a bit of land and a little house somewhere upcountry to drive my car to on the weekends!

Have to be the RX8 for me

or if I had kids then the Evo 9 so I can entertain the family too........ :D

BMW is a bit boring for me...only interested in the M5...but thats way out of the price range specified here :D

And why bother putting the Benz in the list, its an ugly underpowered sack of jelly driven by hairdressers and old people with flat caps and a pipe :o:D

Edited by moonoi

If I had that much money, I'd pay off our house first of all and then I would opt for something locally...say a four door pickup w/Carryboy on back. Out of that car list however, I think the Mazda RX8 with its rotorary engine is interesting. Those engines have far fewer parts than your standard piston engine but they also burn more fuel. Lots of power though.

I do like the 330i too however you can only get it in 6 speed auto where I would much rather have the tasty 6 speed manual. The Z4 does have the option of the manual and is custom ordered from Germany (4.5 million).

I agree about the 200SLK (4.2 million), its a nice looking car but there's no go for the show. The 280SLK would be my choice but at over 6 million baht .. :o