What Should Thailand Do.....?

weegee

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would say a nuclear explosion less than two thousand miles from the Thai border would have an impact on Thailand, depending on the way the wind was blowing. It's roughly the same distance from Chernobyl to Scotland and we were blanketed in radiation to the extent some of our farms were shut down.

A cloud of radiation pouring over SE Asia would be very serious. I would be amazed if the Thais were ready for it.

Feel the same about it...Thailand grows a lot of food which is shipped elsewhere...no good burying the head up the armpit this time.

Well I would say a nuclear explosion less than two thousand miles from the Thai border would have an impact on Thailand, depending on the way the wind was blowing. It's roughly the same distance from Chernobyl to Scotland and we were blanketed in radiation to the extent some of our farms were shut down.

A cloud of radiation pouring over SE Asia would be very serious. I would be amazed if the Thais were ready for it.

Feel the same about it...Thailand grows a lot of food which is shipped elsewhere...no good burying the head up the armpit this time.

Also grows a lot of food that isn't shipped elsewhere due to the pesticide levels smile.png

My wife doesn't even know who North Korea even are!....ahh, ignorance is bliss hey.

Wonder how many other Thais never heard of em?

Long as any radiation stays out of my favourite bar in Bangkok, I'm fine about nuclear fallout.

Atta boy Krisb....But dont you start any firworks will you????whistling.gif

How do you ready yourself for a nuclear explosion, that might or NOT occure ?? whistling.gif Give the Thais a break!

@blether. I always thought that the aura around you, was caused by your spiruality (McJesus), and now you spoil it all, by revealing it is only radiation. sick.gif

Hypothetically, let's say that the North Korean government continues with their bellicose ways and accidentally or purpose set off a rocket that fell into the Pacific, the Sea of Japan, on Japan, South Korea, or even further out off course and hit the Philippines ... And a large Nuke went off... The drift of the radioactive cloud would likely to be to the North West... unless there was some local weather conditions coincidental with the blast having gale winds that would push the radioactive cloud towards the South West to Hong Kong and Southern China. I think statistically - a radioactive drift directly towards Thailand would be a very small likelihood.

To answer the op's question.. The Thais would probably do nothing apart from circulate youtube videos of the detonations in an attempt to win the most likes and comments. They may use the number of dead as a way of picking their next lottery numbers, but it will be safe here anyway. Look at all the nukes the USA has set off in their own deserts as tests. The fallout didn't kill people for 2000 miles.

• Like 1

How do you ready yourself for a nuclear explosion, that might or NOT occure ?? whistling.gif Give the Thais a break!

@blether. I always thought that the aura around you, was caused by your spiruality (McJesus), and now you spoil it all, by revealing it is only radiation. sick.gif

Not wanting to be too pedantic, but there are civilian protection protocols that can be put in place in the event of a nuclear incident. Some deal with how to survive the initial blast in your local vicinity, others deal with how to reduce exposure to radiation as the result of a nuclear incident.

If it kicked off in North Korea, it would be the second part that would be relevant to Thailand if the wind direction was against them. We in Scotland lost use of some of our best hill farms for years due to high radiation counts in the soil. The idea that civilian protection is impossible is wrong.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

Not wanting to be too pedantic, but there are civilian protection protocols that can be put in place in the event of a nuclear incident. Some deal with how to survive the initial blast in your local vicinity, others deal with how to reduce exposure to radiation as the result of a nuclear incident.

If it kicked off in North Korea, it would be the second part that would be relevant to Thailand if the wind direction was against them. We in Scotland lost use of some of our best hill farms for years due to high radiation counts in the soil. The idea that civilian protection is impossible is wrong.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

Is there any proof of civilian protocols that say , after the initial calamity troops will be deployed to clean up civilian survivors ?

Would the troops even know what to do? and have they been trained in NBC warfare? It's very unlikely that there would be a blast anywhere near Thailand, it's the residual fallout that would be an issue. HK and places closer to North Korea would have a bigger problem with potential radiation saturation.

The Chinese will need to grow a pair and depose this regime.

• Like 2

Would the troops even know what to do? and have they been trained in NBC warfare? It's very unlikely that there would be a blast anywhere near Thailand, it's the residual fallout that would be an issue. HK and places closer to North Korea would have a bigger problem with potential radiation saturation.

You said it boyo .

However I was only harking back to the 80's anti nuclear propaganda that said - no survivors

• Like 1

Which fireworks? The fantasy bombs ? They have probably used all their plutonium for the two minor tests they have carried out. This fat little Santa Claus is just full of xxxx.rolleyes.gif Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

i really dont think it will come to that. the world is looking at the north and they would be crazy to start anything .

That's the point, they are bat-xxxx crazy in the north.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

You said it boyo .

However I was only harking back to the 80's anti nuclear propaganda that said - no survivors

Aye the nihilistic 80's, we were all terrified of the Russians dropping bombs on us and films like the Omega Man had us going to bed terrified of an evening. I remember digging slit trenches in my NBC gear and being told things like, face away from the blast ( you don't say ). coffee1.gif