Safe Texting

Thakkar

I read once that texting has been leading to many accidents, like people walking into lamp posts and tripping over curbs. So, as a public service, I decided to publish the following Q&A:

Q:
What is texting and how can I safely 'do it?'

A:
Texting is an activity to help you release your 'urge to converse,' as they say. Follow these rules to enjoy safe texting:

First, make sure you are alone, as it might be considered rude to 'do it' while in company.

Next, make sure your hands are clean and your instrument is properly sleeved—you don't want things to get sticky.

Now think of something pleasant, because, as I always say, if you can't text something pleasant, don't text at all.

You don't have to worry about having anything witty to say, and you certainly don't have to worry about bad breath or smelly armpits, because, let's face, you're just texting.

Remember: keep it short, keep it simple, and wash your hands afterwards.

Happy texting!

T

Texting is no longer the novelty it once was, folks want even more instant ways to message others. I've grown too lazy to text unless it's important, ditto phone calls. If, God forbid, I got a smartphone, and kept getting messages from others with similar phones, I'd get annoyed and dump it in a trash can!