Paypal-Without Using Debit/credit Card.

To cut a long story short,i have just had a huge post asking for information on internet shopping.

I learned a lot and got a lot of help but have one last snag.

I don't have a debit or credit card but i understood that you don't necessarily need one for PayPal and if you have a debt card you don't necessarily need PayPal.

So I chose to open a PayPal account from Thailand,giving them my Irish bank details instead of a debit/credit card.

I thought this would be easier and cheaper than trying to apply for debit car d on my Irish bank account from Thailand.

So I did,they asked me to transfer some money from my bank account to another bank account in Ireland,which has left my bank but has not been seen or mentioned since,after 3 working days.

I also had to wait for them to put money in my account and confirm the amounts they sent me.

Now when i try to pay online they just tell me to enter my card details.I can't seem to find a way round it.

So close but yet so far.

All help welcome.

Yes you can use paypal without a debit card. You can not use paypal in lieu of a debit/credit card. Look for the paypal logo when ordering online and you should be fine. One example would be if booking a room with agoda.com.

May i suggest a debit card too from thailand or your home country.

Ten years ago, took me 10 days to set up paypal acct. Two few transfers of tiny amounts of money, which had to be verified. Suspect your effort will take longer - patience recommended. AA

A card is not required to set up a paypal account. You can link your bank account (as it sounds like you are in the process of doing once you confirm their deposits). However you cannot pay people via paypal unless you have funds in your paypal account. The only way to fund it is for someone else to send it to your paypal account or for you to link a credit or debit card to fund the account.

Just noticed you aren't linking a Thai account. In some countries you can fund paypal with a bank transfer (e-check) which takes several days. Perhaps that's what you are doing.

Other local options are Paysbuy. It works basically like paypal but you can fund the account using CounterService at local 7-11s.

Edited by SlideRiceFC

All transfers have been sent and cleared but when i try to pay a bill PayPal asks me to link a card with my account before it will pay.

The only thing I can think of is that I made a mistake when opening the PayPal account.

I have emailed the help center so we will see what happens if anything.

It might have been easier to apply for an Irish debit card from Thailand if that''s possable.

I also have a dead line on an order with a japanese clothes company that I'm going to miss for the second time.Am I likely to get black listed by them.

Thanks for your help.

You can add a Bangkok Bank ATM card if have visa logo ?

If you dont have just goto bank open a be1st account in 10mins flat and you will get ATM Card with visa logo PROBLEM SOLVED add that to the account and small fund will be taken then phone bangkok bank for the paypal code and enter in your paypal account

Regards

Edited by eric747

So,

I emailed the help center and they wrote back telling me how to link my bank account to my PayPal account.

And i did and it linked but they still ask me for a credit card when I try to pay my bill.

So i have written back to the help center again. but if any one here knows how to pay when you have a bank account linked to your PayPal instead of a credit card ,i would love to know

So,

I emailed the help center and they wrote back telling me how to link my bank account to my PayPal account.

And i did and it linked but they still ask me for a credit card when I try to pay my bill.

So i have written back to the help center again. but if any one here knows how to pay when you have a bank account linked to your PayPal instead of a credit card ,i would love to know

Hello, was the instructions on the bank site? If so could you post a link?

I am trying to set up another Paypal account with one of my Thai bank accounts, SCB or Bangkok bank.