Health Insurance

jasperblubber2005

:o

i really appreciate the help so far but i do have another question concerning health insurance, tried to do a search but found nothing that would help me, i would like to find a health insurance that would cover me for office visits, emergencys, etc.

last year in pattaya i came across a plan for about $250.00 american that would cover emergencys and mostly everything but stitches and broken bones, i thought that would be alright but there is nothing better than talking to experience, any of you wish to recommend a company and why you l;ike them , thank again you folks have been great

jasper

i really appreciate the help so far but i do have another question concerning health insurance, tried to do a search but found nothing that would help me, i would like to find a health insurance that would cover me for office visits, emergencys, etc.

last year in pattaya i came across a plan for about $250.00 american that would cover emergencys and mostly everything but stitches and broken bones, i thought that would be alright but there is nothing better than talking to experience, any of you wish to recommend a company and why you l;ike them , thank again you folks have been great

jasper

Take a look at http://insurance.thaivisa.com/ I've been looking for others but most are only travel insurance not long term stay insurance like Goodhealth.

cv

i checked out bupa blue shield years ago in bangkok, i was surprised not only by there price which was close to what i would pay in the states but they told me that they would not cover pre-existing conditions.

i take a blood pressure medication that works extremely well and was told that they would not cover my meds because it came from a pre-existing condition, since my blood pressure is under control and i am in excellent health other wise i told them that i really don't need any coverage if they weren't going to take care of my meds, doe's anyone on this site know of a way to deal with the medication issue.

the other ailments that might come up can be dealt with by buying a cheaper policy in thailand, if someone has an answer for the medication issue it would be appreciated very much

jasper

I doubt you'll find anyone willing to cover a pre-existing condition...

As for meds, your best bet for keeping the price down is to purchase from a government hospital. As I understand it, they charge cost + 10% for all medications.

Good luck :o

As for meds, your best bet for keeping the price down is to purchase from a government hospital. As I understand it, they charge cost + 10% for all medications.

The Chiangmai University pharmacy on Suthep road will probably have the best prices and have/get anything you need (as long as you have a prescription).

thanks ajarn you have been very helpful, i am pretty sure i am going to get something here in the states not only will they cover pre-existing conditions but the medications are covered also, i thought it might be easier to work through a thai or oversea's insurance company but it has been a terrible experience so far and i need to move on to other issues that pertain to moving to thailand, thanks again

jasper