Next 12 Mth Non Immigration Type O

Hi

My 12 month Visa expires in mid June and I was going to return to Australia and reapply for the next 12 month visa however work commitments means that I will not be able to return until early July

I return to Aust every 2 to 3 months so I have never needed to report to an immigration office as I get it basically every re-entry thru Suvarnabhumi customs

I will return late April so I assume I will get 3 months again ??? Is this true or will they only give me to the end of the current type O??

If I have to renew it before it expires where would the quickest place be?? KL or Singapore?

Thanks in advance

Not clear what you have. Do you have an extension of stay from immigration or a multi entry visa that is still valid? You mention re-entry/customs but you do not use re-entry permits with a multi entry visa.

But if you have a multi entry O visa and return while it is still valid you will get a new 90 day stay even if visa ends the next day - the visa validity is only required for entry - the permitted to stay time remains valid.

Not clear what you have. Do you have an extension of stay from immigration or a multi entry visa that is still valid? You mention re-entry/customs but you do not use re-entry permits with a multi entry visa.

But if you have a multi entry O visa and return while it is still valid you will get a new 90 day stay even if visa ends the next day - the visa validity is only required for entry - the permitted to stay time remains valid.

Hi, Yes I have a multi re-entry O visa

I plan to be back in Aust on 22/4 so will that mean on re-entry they will give me another 90 days, which will take me past the current 12 month O visa expiry date of 15/6?

I will then go back on the 1/7 where I can arrange another 12 month multi O visa

Cheers

Hi, Yes I have a multi re-entry O visa

I plan to be back in Aust on 22/4 so will that mean on re-entry they will give me another 90 days, which will take me past the current 12 month O visa expiry date of 15/6?

I will then go back on the 1/7 where I can arrange another 12 month multi O visa

Cheers

Yes

Here is a good example of why the correct terminology is important.

It's all in the pinned topics above.

"Hi, Yes I have a multi re-entry O visa"

You have either a multi entry O Visa, allowing 90 days per entry.

OR

a multi re-entry permit on an O Visa that has been extended.

Here is a good example of why the correct terminology is important.

It's all in the pinned topics above.

"Hi, Yes I have a multi re-entry O visa"

You have either a multi entry O Visa, allowing 90 days per entry.

OR

a multi re-entry permit on an O Visa that has been extended.

Hi Terry

I last year I applied for a visa, in Australia, to live with my wife here in Thailand

The Thai embassy staff (Australians) recommended that the best (and easiest) visa was a Non Immigration Visa, Classification "O". I also discussed the need to return to Australia multiple times.

I subsequently completed the application form, paid $225 AUD and three days later I had a visa dated 14th June 2012 good for Multiple Journeys. The Visa stated it must be utilised before 13th June 2013.

As I have been back to Australia 5 times since July last I receive a 90 day stamp at the airport customs when I return home to Thailand

The current stamp expires 30th May 2013 however I will travel back to Aust on the 21st April. Based on the advise to my initial post I now assume that when I come home (to Thailand) on the 26th April the Customs folk at the airport will give me another stamp that will be around the 25th July 2013 (90 days) a month after the end date of the 12 month Visa. (15th June)

I plan to be back in Australia on the 1st July 2013 at which time, if the above is factual, I will reapply for a further 12 month Multi journey Non Immigration Visa Classification Type "O"

Cheers