Marriage

jdf1

Marry Thai women, do you have to go to Bangkok Legalization Division?

Or can you do every thing in Chiang Mai?

as far as the thai system is concerned, the marriage at the local 'Khet' (district office) is legal. this means any khet in chiangmai, e.g. muang, maerim, sansai, etc. will do.

You don't tell where you're at, now, concerning preliminary paperworks. Before you go to the amphur. you'll need to have some papers certified at your embassy, which you next have to take to some office of the foreign ministry in Bangkok (forgot the correct name of that office). Is that all done?

Remember-Never spend more than you can afford to lose. :o

Yeah, I remember that one....grumble, grumble.

It was Dick, of Papa Dicks Bar, in Santi Thom district of Chiengmai . some 18 years ago who first gave me that advice.

The wife already owned the land so I invested the least possible on building the house (what I could afford to lose) Twenty rai came up for sale next door for 100,000 baht....but I was too smart for that.

Same reliable wife 18 years later.....

....Ken

It was Dick, of Papa Dicks Bar, in Santi Thom district of Chiengmai . some 18 years ago who first gave me that advice.

Now there's a blast from the past....Papa Dick's! I was only driving past the old site of his bar the other day on my way to Rimping. Smiling to myself as I drove past.

I think on my last look it was still running at #7 on my list of "all time great sleaze bars" of Chiangmai.

Naturally LV is still top of the list :D

Now there's a blast from the past....Papa Dick's! I was only driving past the old site of his bar the other day on my way to Rimping. Smiling to myself as I drove past.

I think on my last look it was still running at #7 on my list of "all time great sleaze bars" of Chiangmai.

Naturally LV is still top of the list :D

Ahhh...Los Vegas, I remember that place.

There was a hole in the wall in a soi west of LV, just a door and a small room with a couple of men. One girl in the other room had a rope on her ankle. That was unsettling.

Back to Dick's... I used to smile when the Thai lads would line up at Dick's 'medicine counter' to get a shot of #3 or #8 on their way to the ban sow. Some of Dick's magic potion was almost guaranteed to make a man out of 'em.

...Ken