Maggie Thatcher Is Dead.

Jockstar

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refer the poster above to the answers I have given previoulsy.

Thanks you but I don't see that your posts are relevant to my previous post. Consider in a quiet moment why so many people are rejoicing at her death. t has never happened previously in the UK. Do try to be objective.

It has never happened before because it is only since Blair and Co that the once Great Britain has become a morally bankrupt society.

Heh...these street parties - Death Parties are largely made up of scum who where not even around when Lady Thatcher was PM.

• Like 2

I remember being i England, listening to Men in a Pub ranting over Milk. They ran up a big bill and were quite drunken. I asked the Barman and he said they were Car Workers moaning about the P.M. stopping free milk to their Kids. Lunacy,aid should go to poor who are unable to work, not rich drunks.England does funny things.coffee1.gif

I remember the free milk well. It used to sit in the corner of the classroom until break time when we were forced....yes forced to drink a bottle of this warm foul milk before being allowed outside to play.

Even as a five year old I remember our relief when this "privilege" was removed.

Personally speaking there was plenty of good fresh cold milk at home...so no one wanted this stuff! Good riddance. clap2.gif

Still wouldn't have voted for her. "Free footballs for all!" might have swayed me however.....

You've jumped a long way in one sentence.

I remember being i England, listening to Men in a Pub ranting over Milk. They ran up a big bill and were quite drunken. I asked the Barman and he said they were Car Workers moaning about the P.M. stopping free milk to their Kids. Lunacy,aid should go to poor who are unable to work, not rich drunks.England does funny things.coffee1.gif

Free school milk (and meals) were introduced in the 1944 Education Act. It (they) were meant to make sure that children were properly nourished despite rationing being in force.

No tears shed in any working class areas of the UK-Scotland,South Wales,Northern England.She hated the working class with a vengeance eg pit closures,Hillsborough disaster etc.

Hillsborough?

Did you just google "bad things that happened while Thatcher was in power"?

Who do you think came up with the brilliant idea of fencing in fans?

The Police caused the disaster at Hillsborough, and then lied about it for years, only recently have the families received any sort of justice by the truth coming out.

But, please, lay the blame elsewhere if you want.

• Like 2

For anyone who is interested the funeral starts at 0915 (bst) and expected to last 3 hours. BBC are beaming around the world. 23 years after she left office and still commands a global presence, that must grate with a lot you, sorry but this fact.

I will not be attending the funeral, I will be watching here, the white ensign will fly proudly and my daughter will represent me at St. Pauls.

You're right, it does grate. It grates that such an obscene amount of taxpayer's money (including mine, which I continue to pay and for which I receive absolutely no benefit being non-resident) is spent on such a divisive politician (in death as much as in life) and, in particular, one who espoused 'private' as good and eschewed 'public' as bad. Nor can the amount of parliamentary time given over to nauseating 'tributes' possibly be justified, given the precedence for previous, much more respected, ex-Prime Ministers. As has been said by others, this whole pantomime is nothing more than a re-branding exercise - an attempt at 'rehabilitation'.

If you are UK non-resident, why do you think you are paying for the funeral?

Please try to stay slightly on the topic of Lady Thatcher.

My apologies, let me rephrase:

If you are Uk non-resident, why do you think you are paying for the funeral of Lady Thatcher?

Er, because I am still paying UK income tax and so, in common with other UK taxpayers, I am contributing towards the cost of her funeral, albeit in a very small way, since it is being paid for out of the public coffers.

Edited by awayego
  • Like 1

My apologies, let me rephrase:

If you are Uk non-resident, why do you think you are paying for the funeral of Lady Thatcher?

Er, because I am still paying UK income tax and so, in common with other UK taxpayers, I am contributing towards the cost of her funeral, albeit in a very small way, since it is being paid for out of the public coffers.

Ah I see, so you are UK non-resident but not for tax purposes, understood! Sorry, let's get back on track else we'll get yelled at.

Discussion of her death and the cost of her funeral is certainly relevant and on topic. The request to stay on-topic was a general reminder. Numerous posters have gone on off-topic tangents.

So, you will not get yelled at for discussing her funeral or the cost to taxpayers.

Thanks you but I don't see that your posts are relevant to my previous post. Consider in a quiet moment why so many people are rejoicing at her death. t has never happened previously in the UK. Do try to be objective.

It has never happened before because it is only since Blair and Co that the once Great Britain has become a morally bankrupt society.

Yes a prime minister who ensured her husband got an hereditary title with the sole purpose that her worthless son would inherit the title. A personal friend of Sir Jimmy Saville and Rupert Murdoch as well%2

• Like 1

I do not celebrate her death…not now, after her 23 years of retirement from public life.

I would certainly have celebrated her death had it occurred whilst she was the Prime Minister so comprehensively rejected by my country, Scotland. Her death, at this current time, is of no significance…other than to remind Scots of the need to vote for independence in order to prevent another Thatcher controlling our lives despite any democratic legitimacy, in a way so contrary to our own culture and our views on the nature of our society.

Thatcher as well as her legacy Blair are the 2 main recruiting factors for an Independent Scotland

Agreed her death is of no significance

Disagree Cameron has arleady enforced a Thatcher style will and policy on the people of Scotland,It is happening now

A lot of this debate has been about figures .statistics etc

You can bet the figure of people who find it offensive and corript and a political act for the costing of the funeral with their money in Scotland at least will beway higher than the 10% mentioned earlier

No tears shed in any working class areas of the UK-Scotland,South Wales,Northern England.She hated the working class with a vengeance eg pit closures,Hillsborough disaster etc.

Hillsborough?

Did you just google "bad things that happened while Thatcher was in power"?

Who do you think came up with the brilliant idea of fencing in fans?

The Police caused the disaster at Hillsborough, and then lied about it for years, only recently have the families received any sort of justice by the truth coming out.

The police caused it by (a) funnelling fans into the middle fenced-off section of the Leppings Lane end and (B) refusing to open the gates at the front to let crushed fans out.

Had Thatchers' fences not been there, the fans would have spilled onto the pitch and 96 people would not have died. And lets not forget her role in the cover up.

Ask the scousers how they feel about Margaret Thatcher.

thatcher-Reading_b_2535415b.jpg

article-2308241-192CD8CA000005DC-604_634

reading-3-1-522x293.jpg

• Like 1

Yes a prime minister who ensured her husband got an hereditary title with the sole purpose that her worthless son would inherit the title. A personal friend of Sir Jimmy Saville and Rupert Murdoch as well%2

All she would have had to do to ensure the title transfer is to be married and have children, hardly a specific action on her part do you not think!

The last portrait of a Lady - in treasured gardens where her ashes

will be scattered alongside those of her beloved husband, Denis

article-2308765-1946FC4B000005DC-667_634

What an appropriate photograph!

In this great pantomime that is Thatcher's funeral how absolutely suited to the starring role of Dame is the blessed Margaret. So uniquely grotesque.

""Oh no she isn't!". "Oh yes she is!".

No tears shed in any working class areas of the UK-Scotland,South Wales,Northern England.She hated the working class with a vengeance eg pit closures,Hillsborough disaster etc.She made many people's lives a misery and killed off community spirit.

She didn't hate the working class but she certainly despised the work shy class and those who thought it was the government that had first responsibility for their welfare.
am i missing something here.Was it not her policies that put 3 million and that was only the official figures on the dole.Work hard people suddenly became workshy overnight

god did people have their noses in the right wing newspapers and not see what was around them

No tears shed in any working class areas of the UK-Scotland,South Wales,Northern England.She hated the working class with a vengeance eg pit closures,Hillsborough disaster etc.She made many people's lives a misery and killed off community spirit.

She didn't hate the working class but she certainly despised the work shy class and those who thought it was the government that had first responsibility for their welfare.
am i missing something here.Was it not her policies that put 3 million and that was only the official figures on the dole.Work hard people suddenly became workshy overnight

god did people have their noses in the right wing newspapers and not see what was around them

God yes, my old man had his face buried in the Daily Express every day and believed every word in it, bless him.

That's a bit harsh on the royals. I'm sure some of them have done a days work before?

• Like 1

Whatever policies she adopted and whatever their consequences, the idea that she hated the working class with a vengeance is fatuous nonsense.

Dear God!Have you been living on another planet this past year.Have you not read the revelations regarding the Hillsborough inquest in which has shown how the South Yorkshire Police and Thatchers government blatantly told lie upon lie upon lie regarding the supporters of Liverpool Football Club.

I have not been living on another planet , either in the past year or previously. Please explain how the findings of the Hillsborough inquiry evidence that Margaret Thatcher hated the working class with a vengeance?

It would be a lot easier if you read up on the outcome of the Hillsborough enquiry and then you could see how Thatcher thought of a 'them and us culture' and could say and do anything even though now we know it was a complete pack of lies!Goodnight!

Goodnight and hopefully you will offer a more convincing argument once you're rested.

The police caused it by (a) funnelling fans into the middle fenced-off section of the Leppings Lane end and (cool.png refusing to open the gates at the front to let crushed fans out.

100% correct.

Everything else just shows how the public can be duped.

exeter, on 14 Apr 2013 - 19:35, said:

Ystradyfodwg, on 14 Apr 2013 - 05:04, said:

I am working class, I didnt hate her and I dont think she hated me. I tried to make my forward in the world without any handouts and I am not complaining about that. Family from a Yorkshire pit village ( Grimethorpe) in the 50's when I visited relations it was dour and pesimistic place where no one smiled, it just took another 30 years for the inevitable to happen.

Hillsborough, a tragedy of the first order which has fallen on the shoulders of Liverpool FC and the left, we must remember that Nottingham Forest were also there whose supporters behaved impecably does this not some questions about what happened on the day? Perhaps Nottingham Forest were a right wing tory team, oh no that cannot be right Brian Clough was staunch labour.

DISGRACEFUL COMMENT AND SHOULD BE DELETED..SHAME ON YOU

Bump!

Discussion of her death and the cost of her funeral is certainly relevant and on topic. The request to stay on-topic was a general reminder. Numerous posters have gone on off-topic tangents.

So, you will not get yelled at for discussing her funeral or the cost to taxpayers.

And a number of posts and replies of a rather off topic nature have been removed again.

In this great pantomime that is Thatcher's funeral how absolutely suited to the starring role of Dame is the blessed Margaret. So uniquely grotesque.

The post clearly states it's a portrait,

This is a photograph:

Thatcher_2536096b.jpg

Baroness Thatcher may be gone, but her legacy lives on.smile.png

The post clearly states it's a portrait,

This is a photograph:

Thatcher_2536096b.jpg

Baroness Thatcher may be gone, but her legacy lives on.smile.png

So a portrait can't be a photograph? Regardless, my comments remain the same even with this photograph. biggrin.png

Well, the whole thing of the BBC banning songs from the Chart Show is beyond belief, as well as hypocritical, what happened to a balanced view of the news...

Wouldn't play 'Ding Dong' which is actually about an imaginary witch in a much loved by many film... BUT they did play The Notsensibles 'I'm In Love With Margaret Thatcher' obviously because of the tittle alone, they can't have listened to it surely? It's ANTI Thatcher, a satirical/sarcastic swipe at the Lady and her Government! Oh the irony for the many supporters of Thatcherism that have bought it as a protest about 'ding dong'!

What's truly ironic is that the royalities for the 2011 version of 'Ding Dong the Witch is Dead' (which far outsold the 1933 version) went to Andrew Lloyd Webber, a well known Conservative and Thatcherite.

hahaha

• Like 1

Please get you facts right.

A short extract from the song was played by both the BBC's and commercial radios' chart shows, along with an explanation of why they weren't playing the song in full; i.e. that it was in bad taste.

Something I hope they would do with any song which celebrated the death of anyone; whether I agreed with the deceased politics or not.

The BBC were well aware of the satirical nature of the other song but played it in full as it was not celebrating her death but a comment on her policies. (See here)

Interesting that you accuse them of lack of balance for not playing it (even though they did!) yet the Daily Mail say that playing it 'caused outrage' (see here).

Seems to me that yet again the BBC are facing accusations of bias from both extremes of the political divide. A sure sign that they are getting it about right, in my opinion.