Maggie Thatcher Is Dead.

Jockstar

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I suggest a positive response from those of us feeling shame and anger over the spectacle unfolding in London today with the tory beatification of a woman who brought such a legacy of suffering and division would be to make a donation to support the Durham Miners Gala. Its an excellent site just to have read of in case you don't feel able to contribute.

Friends%20of%20The%20Durham%20Miners%20Gala.html[/url]

What's the problem? You don't want him to use Air Force One on taxpayers expense, anyway.

The snub is too that Obama is not sending anyone currently working in his administration to her funeral.

But he does like tocome and have a free lunch with the Royal family, perhaps that was not on the list this time.

The family are paying for the funeral, the taxpayers are paying to have it policed because of A hole protesters.

The family are making a small contribution but the major part of the bill will be picked up by the tax payer. However the total cost unlike the two previous occasions will not be revealed, its a state secret.

Can I suggest a positive response from those of us feeling shame and anger over the spectacle unfolding in London today with the tory beatification of a woman who brought such a legacy of suffering and division would be to make a donation to support the Durham Miners Gala. Its an excellent site just to have read of in case you don't feel able to contribute.

Friends%20of%20The%20Durham%20Miners%20Gala.html[/url]

I will send them an IOU on your behalf, how much shall I put you down for?

well Thatcher gave some people more choice than others ,that has been established and was known by the people who were there.

but like all politicians no matter how much regulations they make they ultimately cannot take all your choices away

People chose to pay tax.Tax that was used and is still used to fund weapons of mass destruction

TAx that is used to fund this Tory political broadcast

The choice was there for each person

People cared enough about the poll tax to bring her down because it effected them and didnt pay,wouldnt pay

Tax from earnings people didnt care on what it was spent, until today it seems,so continued to pay

some people just chose not to pay tax

so people winging here about the cost and whi is to blame

Look in the mirror

We all had a choice to pay tax or not

Friends of The Durham Miners Gala.html[/url]

I will send them an IOU on your behalf, how much shall I put you down for?

Well it wouldn't be an IOU in that case pal would it. How about a UOU or better still a MOU (maggie owes you) which would seem just. Put her down for the 10 million this is setting UK tax payers back for a start. Edited by Simhne
  • Like 2

The family are paying for the funeral, the taxpayers are paying to have it policed because of A hole protesters.

The family are making a small contribution but the major part of the bill will be picked up by the tax payer. However the total cost unlike the two previous occasions will not be revealed, its a state secret.

No probs there, I'm still paying UK income tax and I don't mind contributing at all. Later today I will doff my cap and maybe raise a glass as the old girl goes up the steps at St Pauls.

• Like 2

Not strictly true.

The costs will be revealed AFTER the event, a neat way of avoiding public criticism that might lead to its cancellation.

Not strictly true.

The costs will be revealed AFTER the event, a neat way of avoiding public criticism that might lead to its cancellation.

Funerals tend not to get cancelled but regardless, it is going ahead. It is what it is and the cost will be shared, get over it.

Picture desk live: the best pictures from Lady Thatcher's funeral

The Guardian's award-winning picture team brings you the best photo coverage from today's events in central London

Greg Whitmore and Roger Tooth, guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 17 April 2013 08.33 BST

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2013/apr/17/picture-desk-live-the-best-pictures-from-lady-thatcher-s-funeral

Edited by Morakot

The Bishop of London's sermon was one of the better ones I've ever heard, actually very interesting and a brilliant orator - more entertaining though is the colour sergant who headed the coffin team into the cathedral, did you see the size of that man for gods sake!

• Like 1

Anyway.......I'm off for dinner.

If there was as much effort put in to rebuilding Britain as there has been to vilifying Margaret Thatcher our country would be truly great again in no time.

Margaret's time has past, it's up to us to pull together and rebuild our country.

• Like 1

well Thatcher gave some people more choice than others ,that has been established and was known by the people who were there.

but like all politicians no matter how much regulations they make they ultimately cannot take all your choices away

People chose to pay tax.Tax that was used and is still used to fund weapons of mass destruction

TAx that is used to fund this Tory political broadcast

The choice was there for each person

People cared enough about the poll tax to bring her down because it effected them and didnt pay,wouldnt pay

Tax from earnings people didnt care on what it was spent, until today it seems,so continued to pay

some people just chose not to pay tax

so people winging here about the cost and whi is to blame

Look in the mirror

We all had a choice to pay tax or not

What nonsense! if you don't pay your taxes you get prosecuted,and the people have no choice whether the taxes pay for Thatchers Funeral or not.

• Like 1

Anyway.......I'm off for dinner.

If there was as much effort put in to rebuilding Britain as there has been to vilifying Margaret Thatcher our country would be truly great again in no time.

Margaret's time has past, it's up to us to pull together and rebuild our country.

what country are you taking about

• Like 1

Despite the hand wringing and concern over the possible obnoxious and violent displays from some, the inherent decency of the people shone bright and clear;

Political commentator and former Sunday Times editor Andrew Neil says the most moving aspect happened outside St Paul's - the congregation inside was moved to tears by the sound of the cheers from the crowd on the streets.

Gerry Holt BBC News

One protester with a megaphone is speaking to the crowd, although it is hard to hear what he has to say as he is drowned out by booing. An impromptu sing-song of Land of Hope and Glory receives a cheer, as does the raising of a banner saying: "Margaret Thatcher. She put the Great back into Great Britain." The pro-Thatcher contingent appears to be ruling the roost here.

The UK did itself proud by taking the high road and giving a public servant a proper send off. My faith in the people has been buttressed as they treated the grand old dame as they would want to be treated, with respect and politeness. The Golden Rule still lives in the UK. There will be lots of time to review and critique the former PM's legacy, but the funeral was not the appropriate time to do so. Well done UK,

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1