Calling Australian Mobiles

langdon123

Can anyone give me some advice on the cheepest way to call Ozzy mobiles from Thailand(BKK). I have a business that requires me to call a lot of them all of the time. I did read somewhere that if you dial 00761 or 00961 before the mobile number from a Thai sim(phone) it gives you discounts??? If anyone can help with this it would be great.

Thanks in advance

John

If you can call from a PC/laptop in an office using a Softphone app or Smart phone/iPad then an account with a VOIP provider in AU like www.mynetfone.com.au on monthly plan maybe worth considering so your effectively calling from within Australia not internationally, compare this with the Skype rates and other ways of calling like 006 009 etc will depend on your average monthly minutes which is best option.

Hi there,

Thank you very much for the replies, both very helpful. Today

I have gone out and purchased a Thai sim card with true move and have started
using the 006 option which is costing 6BHT per minute with no connection charge.
Very reasonable I think.

Barryw52 I had not thought of that option so I will look

into it now and compare prices. Skype is usfull for calling landlines in
Australia because they´re covered by the worldwide subscription that I have.
Mobiles however are a different story. It works out at about 24cents per minute
because subscriptions with skype don’t cover mobiles. So far skype is the most expensive
option.

Thank again for the replies

Cheers

Grab a Thookdee card from a Thai 7/11. One calls a toll free number, then the number will call you back and ask for you to enter the Aussie mobile number. Just drop the zero and then add 61 to the front, bingo you're in. Cheap as chips. One baht a minute for landlines and six baht a minute for mobiles.

http://www.thookdee.com/home/index_en.php

Edited by somchaismith