Got Teaching Job But Don't Have The Money To Move, Ideas?

ShinMusashi44

Anyone recommending he "go for it" is truly irresponsible, the odds of such a choice coming to a happy end are slim indeed.

Go home son!

This from a guy that is planning to sneek out owing 12 months back rent? Too funny.

Seems to me he has the experience to give this advice.

• Like 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone that keeps saying this, No I didn't come here to ask anyone for money. Read the whole post again. At no point did I ask for money from anyone here. All I said was, should I try to go and good ideas to get some money. I don't even know anyone here on this site, I'd never ask strangers for money like that. That's kinda why I said what about a kickstarter, people use that all the time.

Just to add again as well, no I don't want to go to pattaya for women and party. To be honest I don't even want to live there, but its a job and a work permit.

With rent I live here in CM for less than 10,000 baht. I don't party or drink. So I live cheap.

Thank you to some of the people for the good ideas.

To everyone that keeps saying this, No I didn't come here to ask anyone for money. Read the whole post again. At no point did I ask for money from anyone here. All I said was, should I try to go and good ideas to get some money. I don't even know anyone here on this site, I'd never ask strangers for money like that. That's kinda why I said what about a kickstarter, people use that all the time.

Just to add again as well, no I don't want to go to pattaya for women and party. To be honest I don't even want to live there, but its a job and a work permit.

With rent I live here in CM for less than 10,000 baht. I don't party or drink. So I live cheap.

Do you have a BA?

You can get a similar paying position in many parts of Isaan with half the living costs.

Even if you had another 10-20k it would be hard to satisfy the Non Imm type B border jump required, but some schools would prob let you drag out on your current visa.

When does that expire?

Jeeeeeeezuz...and last night I was ruminating about the fact that the passive income from my investments had dropped below 5000THB per day....

Your choice is of no consequence because clearly you have a 100 percent tolerance to risk.

Thus, there is no right or wrong answer for you.

Flip a coin and decide...oh hang on...maybe you have to borrow the coin first...

You earn nearly 2m from your investments a year?

RAZZ

And my name's Warren Buffett,it is sad that some people use this forum for nothing more constructive than to boast to strangers about their imaginary wealth!rolleyes.gif

And why is this so hard to fathom? Not everyone is skint.

living in thailand without money are you from cuckoo land?go home before you end up on the streets.

I guess you missed the part where I said I was leaving in 2 weeks lol

Don't forget the 5000 baht you've got to last 2 weeks, Cant even have a good blow out in Thailand, before you return home on that sort of money smile.png

Is that 10,000 baht a month,surely that's not possible even in Chiang Mai?

Is that 10,000 baht a month,surely that's not possible even in Chiang Mai?

If he has a small fan room for 2000 baht , he can live om 8000 , its possible if you only eat thai food.

If you don't even have 20K bath for the move then I think it's risky.

In a country like Thailand you should always have some kind of back-up money (overseas)

in case of an emergency.

The job don't sound too firm to me, you didn't get the offer from the school direct? but from your friend.

Depending of your qualifications, I would consider going home to the US and save some money first and

then try later to a get a job here.

I only have around 5,000 right now. But I also am leaving in 2 weeks. So that was plenty for the time. The job is good. My friend has worked with them for 2 years and has helped them find new teachers many times, it's all good.

Going home and coming back anytime soon, is mostly not an option. I sold off pretty much everything I own to come on this trip. So it would be years before I could come back, sadly.

I think you should go back to America and write a guidebook as to how to survive in Thailand for two weeks on 5000 baht ! That is quite an achievement. I don't know how you do it?

If you don't even have 20K bath for the move then I think it's risky.

In a country like Thailand you should always have some kind of back-up money (overseas)

in case of an emergency.

The job don't sound too firm to me, you didn't get the offer from the school direct? but from your friend.

Depending of your qualifications, I would consider going home to the US and save some money first and

then try later to a get a job here.

I only have around 5,000 right now. But I also am leaving in 2 weeks. So that was plenty for the time. The job is good. My friend has worked with them for 2 years and has helped them find new teachers many times, it's all good.

Going home and coming back anytime soon, is mostly not an option. I sold off pretty much everything I own to come on this trip. So it would be years before I could come back, sadly.

I think you should go back to America and write a guidebook as to how to survive in Thailand for two weeks on 5000 baht ! That is quite an achievement. I don't know how you do it?

Not sure what most people living here eat like but 5,000 baht for two weeks is about 335 baht a day. No problem unless you are one of those American all you can eat buffet slobs that needs to scarf down a whole domino's pizza and 2L of coke three times a day. OP stated he does not drink and lives a quieter life style. That can easily be done on less than 300 baht a day.

Also, I really don't know why people move to Thailand to end up scraping by the barrel.

Don't people move away from their home countries to get away from all that and live a better life?! blink.png

-

Many are escaping the authorities, if not actual criminals then escaping civil suits, bankruptcy, getting out from under alimony or child support, or just seeing how long they can make a certain amount of money last before they're forced back to misery-land.

Those with a well-thought out plan are most likely a very small minority.