Same-Sex Union Bill Could See Vote In House: Thai Interview

webfact

Get a freaking grip and grow up. You've been told time and again, it's a glitch. It's not my fault and it doesn't only happen to you.

I mix and match NOTHING. I do not wrongly attribute anything to you.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

_______________________________________________________________________My response to the above post by SteeleJoe is as follows:

I've not "been told time and time again, it's a glitch."

I know glitches happen regularly at TVF which is inconvenient and a cause of confusion. Glitches involving my posts happen in your posts far more than glitches in other posts by other posters who respond to me more often than most, and with more regularity than most. So try to be more careful if you can. My background in journalism, academically and in respect to experience, treats quotes as a sacred and venerated professional matter, more important than the Ten Commandments. That's where I'm coming from, whether it's to you or to TVF itself.

Because I know as a poster at TVF that glitches are common, I pay close attention to my posts and make a genuine effort to compensate for the failures of TVF in this regard, as you again can see above. I suggest a greater attentiveness on your part too, and at least some effort to rectify glitches that appear in your posts. I make this recommendation to everyone..

Edited by Publicus

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After Prez Obama's re-election, in which gay marriage was a part of his platform, same sex marriage legislation was enacted in France and the UK. No one can doubt that Prez Obama is transformative - he finally got a national health care bill enacted into law, a Democratic party issue that began 70 years ago with FDR and Prez Harry Truman.

Others in the world are trying to catch up to where Obama long has been on these and other vital issues of the present and the future. Welcome aboard Thailand. It's odd to hear a Thai welcoming fahlang ideas, policies, programs.

definately won't happen in Australia after the September elections as the incoming P.M Tony Abbot is a strict catholic man and follows the teachings of the catholic church very closely. There were moves afoot to allow same sex marriage but this will be put back for at least 8 yrs after the election.

A good thing too. Somehow a person expects to have special rights because they say they were "born" gay. So much BS. Gay is merely a social option that they choose to adopt, a bit like choosing to be a punk.

Ignoring the moronic comment that you finished with I'll point out what should be exceedingly obvious: no one is asking for "special" rights. They are asking for the most ordinary sort of rights.

SteeleJoe you again, for the umpteenth time, have misquoted me. Specifically, wrong attribution to the poster comserve of two paragraphs I wrote. Show me where in a post to this thread the poster comserve said the following: " definately won't happen in Australia after the September elections as the incoming P.M Tony Abbot is a strict catholic man and follows the teachings of the catholic church very closely. There were moves afoot to allow same sex marriage but this will be put back for at least 8 yrs after the election." This statement was written by chooka at 10:17 today, 09 April in the Post #5 to this thread.

As to the statement, "A good thing too. Somehow a person expects to have special rights because they say they were "born" gay. So much BS. Gay is merely a social option that they choose to adopt, a bit like choosing to be a punk." This statement I quote in this, my post now, was written by comserve at 17:26 today, 09 April in Post #32

The first two paragraphs of your quotations above were in fact written by me - the first two paragraphs only. Yet your attribute them to comserve. You repeatedly mix and mangle my quotes in with the quotes of other posters. In this instance, you have not attributed the statements to me. However, you often wrongly and wrongfully attribute the statements of other posters to me. You recently have done this repeatedly and at several threads.

I rarely report anyone to the mods or admin of TFV for any reason - maybe twice in five years of my posting here (I had been a visitor only to TVF for about three years before I became a member and began posting). However I reported you two weeks ago. Earlier today I reported you again. Now, in addition to having reported you two weeks ago and also earlier today, I've just reported you again. That's once about two weeks ago and now twice in the same day, today..

If you have clout, then so be it.

"

Get a freaking grip and grow up. You've been told time and again, it's a glitch. It's not my fault and it doesn't only happen to you.

I know glitches happen regularly at TFV, which is inconvenient and a cause of confusion. Glitches involving my posts happen in your posts far more than glitches in other posts by other posters who respond to me more often than most, and with more regularity than most. So try to be more careful if you can. My background in journalism, academically and in respect to experience, treats quotes as a sacred professional matter, more important than the Ten Commandments. That's where I'm coming from, whether it's to you or to TVF itself.

Well, it's funny that you treat quotes as a "sacred professional matter" given that you have just misquoted me. And in your case it is actually YOU that is responsible rather than software.

Save your presumptuous lectures (I let a previous pass without comment) on how I should post.

After Prez Obama's re-election, in which gay marriage was a part of his platform, same sex marriage legislation was enacted in France and the UK. No one can doubt that Prez Obama is transformative - he finally got a national health care bill enacted into law, a Democratic party issue that began 70 years ago with FDR and Prez Harry Truman.

Others in the world are trying to catch up to where Obama long has been on these and other vital issues of the present and the future. Welcome aboard Thailand. It's odd to hear a Thai welcoming fahlang ideas, policies, programs.

definately won't happen in Australia after the September elections as the incoming P.M Tony Abbot is a strict catholic man and follows the teachings of the catholic church very closely. There were moves afoot to allow same sex marriage but this will be put back for at least 8 yrs after the election.

A good thing too. Somehow a person expects to have special rights because they say they were "born" gay. So much BS. Gay is merely a social option that they choose to adopt, a bit like choosing to be a punk.

Ignoring the moronic comment that you finished with I'll point out what should be exceedingly obvious: no one is asking for "special" rights. They are asking for the most ordinary sort of rights.

SteeleJoe you again, for the umpteenth time, have misquoted me. Specifically, wrong attribution to the poster comserve of two paragraphs I wrote. Show me where in a post to this thread the poster comserve said the following: " definately won't happen in Australia after the September elections as the incoming P.M Tony Abbot is a strict catholic man and follows the teachings of the catholic church very closely. There were moves afoot to allow same sex marriage but this will be put back for at least 8 yrs after the election." This statement was written by chooka at 10:17 today, 09 April in the Post #5 to this thread.

As to the statement, "A good thing too. Somehow a person expects to have special rights because they say they were "born" gay. So much BS. Gay is merely a social option that they choose to adopt, a bit like choosing to be a punk." This statement I quote in this, my post now, was written by comserve at 17:26 today, 09 April in Post #32

The first two paragraphs of your quotations above were in fact written by me - the first two paragraphs only. Yet your attribute them to comserve. You repeatedly mix and mangle my quotes in with the quotes of other posters. In this instance, you have not attributed the statements to me. However, you often wrongly and wrongfully attribute the statements of other posters to me. You recently have done this repeatedly and at several threads.

I rarely report anyone to the mods or admin of TFV for any reason - maybe twice in five years of my posting here (I had been a visitor only to TVF for about three years before I became a member and began posting). However I reported you two weeks ago. Earlier today I reported you again. Now, in addition to having reported you two weeks ago and also earlier today, I've just reported you again. That's once about two weeks ago and now twice in the same day, today..

If you have clout, then so be it.

"

I know glitches happen regularly at TFV, which is inconvenient and a cause of confusion. Glitches involving my posts happen in your posts far more than glitches in other posts by other posters who respond to me more often than most, and with more regularity than most. So try to be more careful if you can. My background in journalism, academically and in respect to experience, treats quotes as a sacred professional matter, more important than the Ten Commandments. That's where I'm coming from, whether it's to you or to TVF itself.

Well, it's funny that you treat quotes as a "sacred professional matter" given that you have just misquoted me. And in your case it is actually YOU that is responsible rather than software.

Save your presumptuous lectures (I let a previous pass without comment) on how I should post.

I've said previously at TVF that I don't give lectures unless I am paid to give them. Additionally, inclusion of powerpoint comes at a greater fee. PM me for my confidential rates.

TVF certainly is running quite a circus here concerning people's quotes and posts..

Edited by Publicus

Obama is really a wizard with managing finances also, look how well he has done with the USA national debt, and then there was his long track record of being a businessman and running successful corporations..........sad.png

• Like 1

I wonder....will the Thai government give the same rights

and privileges to civil unions’ partnerships as they do for traditional

marriages? For example: Having a foreign

partner living with you in Thailand under civil union;

how will they be treated regarding visa status?

It will be interesting to see how Thailand

crafts this bill for civil union partnerships.

If a foreign man is married to a Thai man.

What would the requirements be for an O visa based on marriage?

Would the Thai man be given the same rights as other Thai men

and his partner will receive a marriage visa based on his name only.

Or would the Thai man be treated like a Thai woman

and his partner will receive a marriage visa only after putting up 400,000 baht

the bank and being able to prove that he can support a Thai man.

It's not marriage. It's civil union. Nothing about immigration rules for civil unions. They would not apply unless there is a separate immigration law making them count there which there is no reason to assume there will be.

In the States, the real "fight" is actually about entitlements. Without a marriage, partners aren't included in medical benefits and such.

The healthcare bill has finally come about because corporations want to shift medical benefits to the public sector.

Both the republicans and democrats work for the same masters; they just play different roles.

We accept them as part of business and as tourist attractions, but in many cases, children have to leave their homes in order to assert their gender identity.

I think the reference is aimed at katoey shows and other such venues.

As far as becoming more "accepted" legalization shouldn't make any difference at home.

Obama is really a wizard with managing finances also, look how well he has done with the USA national debt, and then there was his long track record of being a businessman and running successful corporations..........sad.png

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

people do not have faith in a religion than they should not complain when they dont enjoy the benefits of that institution. Cherry picking benefits is easy and feels good but eats away at the traditions of thousands of years that created what makes a "marriage" so special. They should by all means start their own traditions and build them up as strong as possible.

Unless you live in a theocracy, then you shouldn't benefit from any LAWS due to your religious beliefs.

Traditions? There's nothing complicated, or inherently religious, about the concept of marriage: two people commit to be legally bound. In a liberal democracy, neither I as a straight male nor anyone else whatever their sexual orientation, is under any obligation to adhere to any ancient traditions or superstitions (ie religion) to have the right to marry with all attendant rights and obligations.

You obviously wish to be reasonable and believe that you are but in fact, your argument is completely untenable.

Ok, so either your not really reading what I wrote or just twisting it to mean something you would like to argue against. In several posts above I have stated that LAWS are different from religion. I am a firm believer in separation of church and state. Two people committing themselves is to each other is not religious by all means should be allowed. "Marriage" is religious (like it or not) and should be allowed to exist in its "natural" state.

How is this position "untenable"? To disagree is one thing, but to say that the position is indefensible is quite another. Do you make a habit of winning arguments by simply dismissing other points of view? If so, I am not sure how I can take what you say seriously.

• Like 2

What the h3ll is the problem with gay marriage?

Let people be happy, the way they are and if that included "balling and chaining" each other...be my guest!

Welcome to the 20th century (yes...I mean 20th!)!

I agree and all for thier rights to marry.

We hetro's have a problem now when we come home and say honey, I'm going out with the boys to the footy, a few beers and a few laughs. The missus doesn't normally like the husband to enjoy himself with the guys so how is a gay partner going to react.smile.png

Where you come from, they didn't really encourage education past the 8th grade did they?

• Like 2