One In Three Oppose Lewd Acts During Songkran: Survey

webfact

My son has informed me there is a very strong opposition to the government now, mainly because of the new laws. he said that the people are becoming tired of the police and many people are at a point where they are ready to revolt. one item they will not allow is politicians breaking the law during elections ie. megaphones and posters blocking vision on roads. also they want to set up vigilantist groups that will catch police breaking the law.

Interesting, but what that got to do with the OP?

Which country are you talking about Greece, Cypress, the US or maybe Thailand?

Pattaya, Thailand.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading that Songkran is originally a festival with Buddhist roots, and children were supposed to pour water gently over the heads of their parents and elders. Maybe some Thais still believe in Buddhism (I hope so) and don't want the holiday to become a drunken wet T-shirt party.

Can't farang men see Thai girls bodies, wet or otherwise, while drunk, in plenty of other venues?

Personally speaking, I'd just let the Thais have their Buddhist holidays and not get all in an uproar if it's not turned into just a water war. Have the water war on another day. Or just go to the beach.

I know many Thais are the ones going overboard on Songkran, but it's funny how bent out of shape all the foreigner men are getting over this.

Oh yes, the foreigners have corrupted songkran. 2mn in the country corrupting 60 mn. Are you insinuating that Thais are shallow and unspirtitual enough to be lead astray by us few.

Next you will tell me it's only foreigners who go to massage. It's fun, it's commercial, and if you have a decent family you book out for one day of family traditional greetings.

God sakes, it's 44c out there get wet have a few beers and enjoy.

My son has informed me there is a very strong opposition to the government now, mainly because of the new laws. he said that the people are becoming tired of the police and many people are at a point where they are ready to revolt. one item they will not allow is politicians breaking the law during elections ie. megaphones and posters blocking vision on roads. also they want to set up vigilantist groups that will catch police breaking the law.

Interesting, but what that got to do with the OP?

Which country are you talking about Greece, Cypress, the US or maybe Thailand?

Pattaya, Thailand.

Thank you

They do understand that when you do percentages they should equal 100% at the end, with +/- factored in and that the lower the number is the least and not always the best.....if 33% don't like lewd acts then 67% are cool with lewd acts.lol I guess this is a case of fuzzy math.

For thomash

The reason I posted the comment originally was because the subject was about the amount of people who agree or disagree with the new laws governing songkran. As the original story was obviously government misinformation and meant to deceive people, I thought it was appropriate to quote the comments being made by young Thai people (on-line).

If you speak/read Thai you can see the evidence yourself on YouTube where lots of people are showing police corruption in videos (mainly) from traffic cams. There is lots of discussion on Thais Facebook accounts regarding the hatred of the government and the anger against the police. These forms of communications are esoteric to the authorities. Whole governments (example being... The Arab spring). If the N.Koreans were allowed and could afford full internet then the people would most definitely turn against its dictator because the truth would be uncovered very quickly. wai.gif