Don't Be Deceived By Staff At Department Stores

THAIJAMES

that's pretty funny. I've been buying wine at www.traderjoes.com for 24 years, and the only bottle I ever took back was a french wine recommended by a salesman----tasted like vinegar, meanwhile the 1.99 bottles of chianti (in the basket) were superb.

You're quite right. Wines don't have to be expensive to be good. Often, "recommended" wines are only recommended because they are expensive and for no other reason.

T

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a case of product /supplier staff, in most cases it's driven by commission, sales staff are given a list of various products the store wishes to sell aggressively and staff are paid commsssion accordingly, Even in our local Rimping, staff in the wine section are paid a bonus for recommending certain wines and it's become an open joke between the girls who work there and myself.

If it's the one by Airport then I know what you mean! And they aren't chosen for their knowedge of wine!

The Rumchok location has plenty of young female staffing the wine area, once when I asked if they carried any American bottles they told me no and as I looked for something else I came across the California Wine section.

Ah, but you didn't ask for Californian, you asked for American. BIG Difference.

If you're Thai.

biggrin.png

• Like 1