3 Monks Found “Too Early” At South Pattaya Market By Police

Rimmer

3 monks found “too early” at South Pattaya Market by Police

monk-51.jpg
PATTAYA:--Three monks were found standing at a South Pattaya Market early on Wednesday Morning in contravention of regulations pertaining to Monks and the collection of alms.

The three monks were first spotted by Pattaya City Hall Security Officers who called the Police to assist them in detaining the three monks who had come onto the streets well before daybreak which is in contravention of rules relating to the collection of alms which normally begins at around 5 to 6am.

The monks were taken to the Chaimongkol Temple and the Chief Abbot first asked to see their registration papers. Two of them were able to produce the correct documents but the third went off to use the toilet and was not seen again.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/82540/3-monks-too-early-south-pattaya-market-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-10

There is so much you can learn about Thai culture with this one news story. coffee1.gif

Hey JT ... your powers of observation are far sharper then mine ... obviously.

What is the avalanche of information (so much) to learn of "Thai culture with this one news story." ?

Cheers ... thumbsup.gif

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Hey JT ... your powers of observation are far sharper then mine ... obviously.

Much appreciated!clap2.gif

You're welcome.

I just wish the photographers flash wasn't so strong as I needed the Pick-ups' Rego (license plate) numbers for my lucky lotto ... whistling.gif

• Like 1

FYI. Monks are not supposed to leave their temple grounds in the morning until you have enough daylight to see the lines in the palm of your hands. Some exceptions are made on this, like if your traveling a long distance. But exceptions are not made for alms gathering. It's pretty evident they were up to no good. Just because your wearing the orange robes, don't make you a holy person. The two other monks with this "fake" monk should be sent back to their home temple and punished. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior. I find that way too many abbots are way to lenient. I get in trouble all the time when some abbot tells me "Mai Bpen Rai" when some monk acts in a wrongful manner, and I tell him bullshit. Going on alms round way too early is not a big offence, but traveling with a fake monk is. If they were from my temple, these two monks would be doing toilet cleaning detail for a month or asked to take off their robes. coffee1.gif

But who said that the third monk was a fake ?

FYI. Monks are not supposed to leave their temple grounds in the morning until you have enough daylight to see the lines in the palm of your hands. Some exceptions are made on this, like if your traveling a long distance. But exceptions are not made for alms gathering. It's pretty evident they were up to no good. Just because your wearing the orange robes, don't make you a holy person. The two other monks with this "fake" monk should be sent back to their home temple and punished. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior. I find that way too many abbots are way to lenient. I get in trouble all the time when some abbot tells me "Mai Bpen Rai" when some monk acts in a wrongful manner, and I tell him bullshit. Going on alms round way too early is not a big offence, but traveling with a fake monk is. If they were from my temple, these two monks would be doing toilet cleaning detail for a month or asked to take off their robes. coffee1.gif

But who said that the third monk was a fake ?

A real monk woudn't have took off and left his robes behind.. it's a infraction of the rules. So if he was a real monk and showed up at his temple without his robes... well.. it's a very big no-no. maybe even expulsion. So either way, he's in deep ca-ca.. worse than if he would have stayed there and took his medicine.. if he was a real monk.. coffee1.gif

Edited by khaowong1

Another Mind Numbing Criminal solving Statistic to add to Pattayas grand 'Family Safe' image

O M G . There is so much to be learnt about the local culture if you follow this 'crime' story.

wai2.gif

Meanwhile there were 47 motor bike crashes, 23 car accidents, 8 burglaries, 5 robberies, 2 shootings and an angry unpaid ladyboy all of which went un-noticed due to the focus on real crimes.

/takes off sarcasm hat

Un-niticed? So how did you here about these other crimes then?

Thailand is a Buddhist country so yes this IS news in Thailand.

If the Pope was caught drinking in a local bar would that not be news in the local papers?

Meanwhile there were 47 motor bike crashes, 23 car accidents, 8 burglaries, 5 robberies, 2 shootings and an angry unpaid ladyboy all of which went un-noticed due to the focus on real crimes.

/takes off sarcasm hat

Un-niticed? So how did you here about these other crimes then?

Thailand is a Buddhist country so yes this IS news in Thailand.

If the Pope was caught drinking in a local bar would that not be news in the local papers?

Your associating these three monks with the Pope? How many catholic priests go into a bar and have a drink? Are their names and photo's then put in the paper? coffee1.gif

• 1 month later...

the third went off to use the toilet and was not seen again

He found nirvana?

No. He found no paper.

Still there -

Hey, finding paper in the toilet is a blessing, but a bum gun is really nirvana. smile.png

What happens when a Buddhist becomes totally absorbed with the computer he is working with? Answer : He enters Nerdvana

Did they ever find the missing monk is South pattaya???