Old Spicy Is Re-Opening, New Spicy Closing Down.

theblether

I was talking to a well connected Thai last night who informed me that Old Spicy is re-opening at the end of next month, with new Spicy closing down. Apparently the contract in new Spicy is coming to an end. May I say this guy has a serious financial interest in the re-opening of new Spicy but I'm not at liberty to say what, he's not some random guy off the street.

I pressed him on the veracity of his claim, as I was under the impression some seriously powerful people were behind the closure of old Spicy. He said it had been sorted, he pointed out that the location of new Spicy had caused even more problems than the old one with the local community. He invited me to go down to old Spicy and see the renovation work, which he reckons is 90% complete.

I didn't go down to look at old Spicy and I won't go out of my way to do so but I suppose if any of you guys are wandering past you can have a look and see if you can see anything going on. Anyway if he's right, that's an interesting development, the rumours at the time of closure had all sorts of people you don't mess with trumping the BiB, it makes you wonder what's changed?

• Like 2

Tut tut Tywais biggrin.png

It's about 80 metres past Jack's Van heading away from Thaepae Gate, it's on the right hand side you'll be pleased to hear, as if it was on the left hand side you would be in the moat.

Now you would think that was an unnecessarily glib answer but over the course of the years you would be amazed at the amount of Old Spicy customers that ended up in the moat. laugh.png

It's kind of like 'The New iPad' which was peculiar naming too, especially after one showed up that was newer, still.

Spicy5S ?

Outside restaurant venue (Was that already called Spicy?) -> Nice Illusion -> Spicy -> The New Spicy -> Spicy with Retina Display..

BTW if they are renovating then I hope it includes some effort on fire escapes / fire prevention.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I'll resist, I'm always getting in trouble for blethering.

The place is needing strong door stewards, when it was open before the same coterie of bar girls caused the majority of trouble in the place. There was particular bg who seemed to be the Queen Bee of violence, a cute looking wee thing but she was wired to the moon. I saw her take off her shoe one night and beat the face off another girl.

She was allowed back in the next night......this girl was notorious but her name slips my mind, any time she walked in the atmosphere changed in the place. I never understood how the bouncers didn't just bar her.

Yes more than a few of its patrons wound up in the moat, not always by their own choice.

If it's going to be one big room again I really hope they ban smoking in there - unlikely I know.

I would also like to see the retention of those big square box things near the toilets, where one could podium dance the night away to one's hearts content.

Where is the old spicy?

Or ... for those less informed ... what is/was 'the Old Spicy' ... as it seems to be discussed with reverence here.

Be as descriptive as you wish ... I like gossip ... rolleyes.gif

Never went there myself but from what I had heard it was a place for working girls and lady-boys who had time to do a job to connect with I was going to say guys but could have been others for more intimate company. Also for people who just liked drinking with company,

Where is the old spicy?

Or ... for those less informed ... what is/was 'the Old Spicy' ... as it seems to be discussed with reverence here.

Never went there myself but from what I had heard it was a place for working girls and lady-boys who had time to do a job to connect with I was going to say guys but could have been others for more intimate company. Also for people who just liked drinking with company,

If I remember correctly Dolly, there was a strict no LB policy, it was a respectable COFFEE SHOP dont forget, that is why it was not subject to the bar regulations.

Where is the old spicy?

If I remember correctly Dolly, there was a strict no LB policy, it was a respectable COFFEE SHOP dont forget, that is why it was not subject to the bar regulations.

smile.png Silly metongue.png

BEST NEWS ALL YEAR

Never liked the new Spicy but I really wonder if the refurbished place will be authentic with the PUKE smell as you go in that was always an indication that

i had not drunk enough before going to the old spicy, if you never smelt it you are pissed up enough and ready to enjoy the place in its full glory.

Cant wait to revisit it

DK

PS and its true Ladyboys were NOT ALLOWED IN AT ALL unless they actually looked like a girl LOL

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 1

the rumours at

the time of closure had all sorts of people you don't mess with trumping

the BiB, it makes you wonder what's changed?

The monthly envelope?

Anyway, will they open before 2am like before, or realize that there's no need? :rolleyes:

Where is the old spicy?

They used to have a big sign just inside the door "No Ladyboys" lol! Often with said LB's sitting underneath it.

I hated the toilets - accosted while trying to pee (urinal masseurs!) - and the traversing the main room was like walking through a thicket in a velvet suit (BGs handing off you like burrs snagging your clothes)!

Always too hot too - hated the place (dragged along by friends after the bars had shut) - never went to the new one (erm old new one blink.png )

Edited by wolf5370
  • Like 1

This gave me one of my worst hangovers, ever.sad.png

NOOOOOO Dancealot, you don't drink it (not even as a mixer).... Just put it on your face...

And this is not after shaveblink.png .. I thought liquor was cheaper then after shaveblink.pngblink.png

post-70928-0-74267800-1365683942_thumb.j
I am confused now

When the old spicy closed, a for-sale was put up outside. I phoned and the owner is/was an old lady living in Bangkok who wanted 22 million for the building. I guess the place was never sold and the police negotiated their way back in or perhaps it was sold but chanotes didn't change hands (in the manner of the slapper bars along Loi Kroh that farang mugs 'buy').

Actually.. the current spicy, is spicy 3.

The first one was an open air place around the back.. it was really quite ok in those days.. about 10 years ago.

Then spicy 2 which was just up from mikes

Now spicy 3.

So which one are they re-opening? I assume spicy 2.. which was a horrlble place that smelt like a mix of stale beer and ghonorreah

Yes, it was beautiful. burp.gif

I hope they retain some of the traditional atmosphere, and don't make it all sterile.

I have never visited any of the incarnations a lot, EXCEPT during world and euro football cup tournaments. It was perfect for that, because even when your team loses in the end on penalties at 4am in the morning, there was no shortage of comfort girls.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Reno to the ol'Spice.....mmm what could they have done?....raised the roof, removed some structural pillars,add toilets.... and hey, how bout a back door in case of FIRE!!!..... the place was/is a potential death-trap!

The proverbial 'bottom of the barrel'....last call for alcohol, full of 'hungry ghosts' and unlucky hookers, a real late night pit of despair where the un-loved met the un-loving.... the Thremae of ChiangMai.

I am sure there are some Koreans who will be damn happy to hear this news!!

• Like 1