Philippines,ladies And Catholicism

swissie

Somewhat unclear and confusing. Hear opposite opinions on the matter:

- Outside of Manila and other tourist spots, ladies will not consider "short-term-activities" with a foreigner, unless marriage is in the making. Due to strongly embedded Catholicism.

True or false?

The point: It would not be that much fun to sit on one of the 7000 beautiful islands for a foreigner with nothing else to do but watching the waves and drilling in his nose. Right?

Cheers.

PS: This is a serious inquiry. Someone "in the know" is welome to comment. All others may want to go play elsewhere.

If what you said was true there would not be so many single mothers in The Philippines.

Renoir

Good point. Unless the fathers (after beeing married to the mother before), have decided to move to a new place where "the grass is greener").wink.png

Cheers

I don't think it's as much Catholic as it is that there's no divorce in the Phils, and being an unwed mother is an embarrassment still. Also, with low incomes, being an unwed mother is a real financial hardship.

Certainly there is the entire gamut there, from big famous "bar girl" places to the most conservative gal, and everything in between just as most anywhere you go.

I don't think it's as much Catholic as it is that there's no divorce in the Phils, and being an unwed mother is an embarrassment still. Also, with low incomes, being an unwed mother is a real financial hardship.

Certainly there is the entire gamut there, from big famous "bar girl" places to the most conservative gal, and everything in between just as most anywhere you go.

Pure accident. This morning while watching internet-TV, there was a story of an european living in the Philippines, considering to marry his Philippine GF.

He learned, that by doing so, all his assets would become property of the wife immediately. Needless to say he diden't like it. He mentioned something to the effect, that if the marriage is done outside of the Philippines this ruling would not apply.

First I thought, that this is a hoax. But then, why would a semi-state-owned-TV station in Europe air something like that, if it weren't true?

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably more short term girlfriends available there than in Thailand.

Why?

The poverty/corruption/crime.

The corruption in the Philippines is probably the worst in the region.

The authorities including politicians, and police, not to forget the catholic church keep the people under their iron fists.

The crime rate is staggering, with amount of killings of foreigners in the provinces high.

Most amazing is still the strong belief they seem to have in God and church.

Even the 4-5 million++ people in one of the most infamous slums in the world, in Manila, have a very strong belief in God and Church.

And how is any of that different to South America, another bastion of Spanish Catholicism ? Catholicism is *the* religion of the poor - unless you've been indoctrinated from birth, its unlikely that you will 'get it', but I can assure you that the promise of eternal life without pain or hunger holds a lot more appeal for people who have nothing than it does for the relatively rich folk elsewhere. Just as South America has its share of crime, why would we expect PI to magically be free of said ills simply because they still have nuns ?

For those of us from the Irish Catholic background, the phrase 'Sunday Saints, Monday Sinners' is as old as our first set of Rosary beads - it's the religion of last resort. I haven't met a single Filipina working girl anywhere who doesnt have at least one mouth to feed back in PI, and that means living in the real world - whether its scrubbing toilets in HK or rimming some fat guy in a KL hotel room, it's food on the table. The majority like to laugh, drink and fornicate - what they choose to believe in is their own business, but I don't see them as any more hypocritical than 90% of the world's Catholics.

(fwiw, they arent all Catholics - pentecostal evangelism has a strong foothold in PI, and cultish groups like Church of Christ are a lot more 'God botherer' than the vast majority of Catholics. Serious 'speaking in tongues' malarkey that makes my skin crawl and my head rotate 360 degrees)

Why ask us? Go and find out yourself!!!

If you have sex with a non prostitute in the Philippines, you are setting yourself up for blackail and potential rape charges

Even readva lengthy acvount of a young guy who merely told a woman where he was staying. His name, etc...next she comes with cops and has him arrested. This eas a long while ago but Im sure story available via Google. Was in the provs.

Id say soecial care to all those online fraudsters. You think you are going to go round the country and sample the fare, you are in for trouble.

Why dont mods kill these sex threads!?