Songkran Pictures Friday 12Th

Greenside

Hat tip to Greenside! Great photos. Any chance you could post a few more of those? I'd like to snag em' and attach to e-mails sent to a few friends if thats OK. (Songran is fun the first time or two but for many years now I dont participate myself). Cheers.

Greenside,

Thanks for a great collection of pics. I was briefly there on the day before the first day when some of the fun had already begun, but got away quickly. I used to partake but, curiously, have developed a phobia of the moat water after once seeing a huge rat swimming in there. Tried to convince myself it coulda been a dog, but the persistent image of the rat tail in my head wouldn't let me!

So your great images made me feel like I was sorta, kinda there. For that, Thanks.

Cheers.

T

Edited by Thakkar

The statement: No harm was done!

Surely, no harm at present, but it corrupts into the future! If you disagree, explain to me why the guy did what he did! Coudn't he have done like everybody else having fun? What the fxxk is he thinking behaving like a moron with some idiotic over-the-top farangs, particularly the females, supporting such an idiot? I ain't for such: supporting "holiday spirit"! He's gone too far!

Me tinks you protest too mutt. There are idiots and fools everywhere. You can either get wound up about it or enjoy a good laugh. I choose the be entertained by such things as nothing shocks me anymore. Don't get wound up over some attention seeking fool at a street party. I've seen much worse at celebrations and you probably have too.

• Like 1

IMG_9790%20Edited-XL.jpg

Here's another from Friday. I'm finding my capacity to get out there in the mayhem dwindling each year - it's hard work and unbelievably hot but I do enjoy the few images that work out well.

For those who are interested, here are some previous Songkran galleries: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

I you're interested in photography, a reasonably resident English speaker and would like to meet other enthusiasts, check out the Chiang Mai Photographic Group which gets together every two weeks at a hotel near Airport Plaza. Here's the CMPG website where you can find out more details or you can find it on Facebook if you are that way inclined.

Edited by Greenside
  • Like 1