Buying A Lawnmower In Cnx

westbounder

At Khunagsing intersection (Chang Phuek/Superhighway) are a row of several shops selling every kind of lawnmower and other power tools and hardware imaginable. Dunno about mulching or non mulching but these would be the first places I'd try.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=18.811791,98.985167&spn=0.001594,0.002677&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=18.811783,98.985074&panoid=wlUlFLrZoaDv17VSs7t33w&cbp=12,186.46,,0,10.23

Edited by Paagai

Wherever you buy it, be sure to find out where you have to send it in case repairs are needed. It's best, of course, if they will repair it here in Chiang Mai. I learned the hard way: I was without my mower for about eight weeks while it was somewhere between here and Bangkok getting warrantied repairs.

Be sure you understand the warranty especially if it is in Thai. I was looking in the shops on the Superhighway near Chang Puak and the fine print on some of the lawnmower warranties specifically excluded the motor. - Grin

Be sure you understand the warranty especially if it is in Thai. I was looking in the shops on the Superhighway near Chang Puak and the fine print on some of the lawnmower warranties specifically excluded the motor. - Grin

Look carefully. In many cases the motor and the rest of mower are two different manufacturers so there could be a separate warranty for each, that is the way mine were. Honda is probably the best motor for easy maintenance here, not many places have parts for Briggs. Wheels and wheel mounts are important, I have had two mowers and they failed on both and had to be repaired several times.

Good luck on finding a mulcher.

Edited by Dante99

Looking at the thai husgvarna's web site, it says the late Ian Bannerman. I thought I had received an email from him about a year ago. Anyone know how and when he died? It says two westerners bought the business form his widow. Hopefully, it will be run as well as Ian ran it.

Looking at the thai husgvarna's web site, it says the late Ian Bannerman. I thought I had received an email from him about a year ago. Anyone know how and when he died? It says two westerners bought the business form his widow. Hopefully, it will be run as well as Ian ran it.

Ian's passing was mentioned in the Chiang Rai "remembrance" thread. post #27.

Met him once at his house to buy a mower. Very nice fella,

• Like 1

Paagal is a good choice, several years ago we bought a mower with Honda engine, had no issues

The shops also service the equipment they sell, we have also bought pumps / pressure washers etc, and the shop has serviced the equipment

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if HuskyMowers in Chiang Rai is still in business? I've tried to get a hold of them for the last week, both by email and phone, and no one replies. I bought a lawn mower and weed eater from them years ago and need to find someone that has a replacement stringer for the weed eater. Thanks

Does anyone know if HuskyMowers in Chiang Rai is still in business? I've tried to get a hold of them for the last week, both by email and phone, and no one replies. I bought a lawn mower and weed eater from them years ago and need to find someone that has a replacement stringer for the weed eater. Thanks

Not 100% sure what you mean by replacement stringer for the weed eater. Do you need a new line head? I know of a hardware place outside of the moat on the corner road that leads down to Pantip plaza. Its a bump and go type line head and holds a lot of line. I originally brought one from Home Pro at a cost of about 760 baht. This other place had them for 150 baht....identical item!

Ill get the name of the place tomorrow when Im up town...oh and the reason why I brought another head, cause it was too good a bargain at 150 baht to leave behind. I believe all petrol powered weedeaters have the same size spindle thread so this line head should fit.

If I had the string, I could re-string the line head (thanks for the label) but, assuming that all line heads are interchangeable, for close to what you are quoting, I would buy several and keep them as spares at my house. My housekeeper had no idea how to take off a line head but at least I could show her how to do that.. Thanks

If I had the string, I could re-string the line head (thanks for the label) but, assuming that all line heads are interchangeable, for close to what you are quoting, I would buy several and keep them as spares at my house. My housekeeper had no idea how to take off a line head but at least I could show her how to do that.. Thanks

You can (or could) also get just the string at HomePro - comes in different widths.

The hardware shop is called Home Mart its on the right as you go from the moat down the road to Pantip plaza. And yes the string or line is easy enough to buy, in different guages and shapes. Hope you find what youre looking for. I know some line trimmers have very different line heads (Protecting their designs no doubt).

The one I mentioned earlier is very simple and can accept any guage or shape of line.... worth a look

Thanks, I'm going into CM today and will give them a try. I talked to the headquarters of Husqvarna in Thailand this morning and found out that Husqymowers in Chiang Rai has closed. There is a dealer in CM but, after having my wife talk to them, most parts have to be sent from Bangkok.