English Muffins

Andyman

English muffins aren't actually English, they're American.

We English eat crumpets. Used to sell them in Villa, but, haven't seen them in awhile.

Used to be able to buy crumpets at the green bakery next to Family restaurant but had to order one day in advance.

Edited by Valentine

Make your own and freeze them. Easy to do and you won't be eating all of the preservatives found in the commercially produced muffins.

Hundreds of recipes available with a Google search.

Not so easy as most homes here dont have an oven! That aside the commercially available flours you buy here are also full of chemicals, as they are in most of the world.

Make your own and freeze them. Easy to do and you won't be eating all of the preservatives found in the commercially produced muffins.

Not so easy as most homes here dont have an oven! That aside the commercially available flours you buy here are also full of chemicals, as they are in most of the world.

Well, i made some..... you dont need an oven you cook em in a skillet, cast iron in my case turned out great only got the size wrong made em too small will get it right next time, quite easy.

English muffins aren't actually English, they're American.

We English eat crumpets. Used to sell them in Villa, but, haven't seen them in awhile.

Used to be able to buy crumpets at the green bakery next to Family restaurant but had to order one day in advance.

Yes. Maybe I can persuade them to make some more. The daughter who had the baby girl - now a toddler - was the one who just about got the knack of making them right, but stopped when she went back upcountry to have the sprog. biggrin.png

Well, i made some..... you dont need an oven you cook em in a skillet, cast iron in my case turned out great only got the size wrong made em too small will get it right next time, quite easy.

I've still got some "Double action baking powder" and Hovis "Fast action bread yeast" from when I was considering making some. Even got the metal rings you pour the mixture into. Never quite found the time to do it though...

Obviously few if any did any search for a recipe. Correct that one does not need an oven, only a skillet or griddle.

Terrible when one must do something oneself rather than just plunking down a few coins of the realm. Real survivors out there!

HA! wacko.png

Villa Market Sells Australian Organic Flours very good Wholemeal as well.

Proper ENglish muffins should be proved then baked

Villa Market Sells Australian Organic Flours very good Wholemeal as well.

You will then need to make you our 'starter/ferment' as most yeasts now, dry in particular, are full of preservatives. Then find/by chemical free semolina flour. I never said it wasnt do-able, just not "easy" as indicated, in Thailand.

Edited by eezergood