Custom Brokerage Fees

tool84

Hi,

I'm just curious what kind of fees per kg we can expect for custom brokerage when we have a shipment arriving by plane. If it's 1 pallet of 200kg or so of food products. Is it pretty complicated to do by yourself getting the license to clear your products? Also I read that import duty and taxes are charged based on value of products and shipping together, is that true? I guess the best way to reduce those costs is to ask the company shipping you the product to produce an invoice for a smaller amount that what it really cost regarding the value of the product.

Thanks for the help.

Ah sorry I wasn't clear in my post. For custom brokerage fees I mean if we deal with a company to clear the 200kg pallet for us, what kind of fees do companies usually charge per kg? I already know the import duty % for my product and the 7% VAT that will be charged.

Thanks

The fees are per shipment and not per kilo.

For foodstuff, you need an import licence, which can take weeks or months to get, and an import permit for each shipment. These have to be issued before flight arrival.