International School Of Samui

The school only goes until 12 years of age thats why we have decided for ISS. Can you give us few advises on life on Samui for kids. Great thanks

my friend likes paydee in chaweng noi. Blue water i dont like expensive has allot of facitlies but the important thing is for kids to learn and learn how to deal with others. i want my child to be street smart as well as acidemically smart

sometime people have a high IQ in school but does not mean they are street smart. IQ can be measured in so many way pother than tests that are designed by physics teachers that are designed for people who think like them.

Having your street skill from a young age is just as important if not more than school. If i was in the UK noi matter how mucyh money i had my kids would always go to government schools.

Thailand different as all school u hgave to pay

Panyadee as I understand is becoming very popular with the resident Russians, although this is with younger aged children at the moment. Point taken as to Onnrak only teaching until 12 years of age, when we get to that stage then we may look at transferring them to ISS to sit iGCSEs etc, but for now the children are very happy and doing well, and having lots of homework too !

• Like 1

The school only goes until 12 years of age thats why we have decided for ISS. Can you give us few advises on life on Samui for kids. Great thanks

my friend likes paydee in chaweng noi. Blue water i dont like expensive has allot of facitlies but the important thing is for kids to learn and learn how to deal with others. i want my child to be street smart as well as acidemically smart

sometime people have a high IQ in school but does not mean they are street smart. IQ can be measured in so many way pother than tests that are designed by physics teachers that are designed for people who think like them.

Having your street skill from a young age is just as important if not more than school. If i was in the UK noi matter how mucyh money i had my kids would always go to government schools.

Don't want to appear rude BigC, but some adults may perhaps have benefited more by regular attendance at school rather than preferring to become 'street smart' during childhood.thumbsup.gif

On topic, I have not heard bad reports about any of the schools previously mentioned.

Maybe an unannounced visit to each would be the best initial approach to get a gut feeling before digging deeper.

i am saying that it pays to be both street wise and educated. it is all part of the bigger picture. somethings in school u cannt earn in the real word but the more ready u r for this headaches and shit infront of you. the most it should help a youngster have a real prostect of what they wannt to be.

Kids need the learn the value of money to help them work towards there proffession. plus all the trickers and liers that stand in their path and how to deal with them with out disrecpeting them.

i now i have spet stuff wrong here but i like to type fast and get my poinnt accross quickerly.

to tell the truth i work with computers all day long with emails and stuff so it is nice for me when posting on here that i dont have to calculate every word i say. then re check everything with a spell checker. as long as people understand that is fine with me. as i save my spelling and grammer for mails that i am paid to write.

savey?

Don't want to appear rude BigC, but some adults may perhaps have benefited more by regular attendance at school rather than preferring to become 'street smart' during childhood.thumbsup.gif

On topic, I have not heard bad reports about any of the schools previously mentioned.

Maybe an unannounced visit to each would be the best initial approach to get a gut feeling before digging deeper.

i am saying that it pays to be both street wise and educated. it is all part of the bigger picture. somethings in school u cannt earn in the real word but the more ready u r for this headaches and shit infront of you. the most it should help a youngster have a real prostect of what they wannt to be.

Kids need the learn the value of money to help them work towards there proffession. plus all the trickers and liers that stand in their path and how to deal with them with out disrecpeting them.

i now i have spet stuff wrong here but i like to type fast and get my poinnt accross quickerly.

to tell the truth i work with computers all day long with emails and stuff so it is nice for me when posting on here that i dont have to calculate every word i say. then re check everything with a spell checker. as long as people understand that is fine with me. as i save my spelling and grammer for mails that i am paid to write.

savey?

What, trading guns and similar services via TOR? Writing the crossword puzzles for New York Times? I'm sure not to be the only only one here to be extreeeeemly curious about what that could be. wink.png

sorry.gifofftopic.gif

Don't want to appear rude BigC, but some adults may perhaps have benefited more by regular attendance at school rather than preferring to become 'street smart' during childhood.

savey?

If you could spell in the first place you wouldn't need spell check, but your probably to street smart for that. Derrrrr

If you could spell in the first place you wouldn't need spell check, but your probably to street smart for that. Derrrrr

Hey, please do not pick on Big C. He cannot help it if he is dsylexic dyslxeci dys oh, what the heck. He cannot spell! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Don't want to appear rude BigC, but some adults may perhaps have benefited more by regular attendance at school rather than preferring to become 'street smart' during childhood.

savey?

shut up i know dislesick people that have master degrees. spelling does not mean u are stupid. If people cant understand what i am saying then you are not worse arguing with as you dont understand which means that u r stupid.

take a nerd doctors with a very high IQ and dump him in a huble or a hazardous enviroment at the same time drop a steet smart kid. see who last the longest and

This topic is about International School on Samui, it's not about people's spelling ability or grasp of the English language, I have deleted one troll post

Please get back on topic & if you have a problem PM me.

The op asked about schools on Samui I had both my sons ages 7 and 13 in SCL in Lamai it has been providing international education longer than any other school and both my children inter grated smoothly into the USA public schools IB program. We always believed value for money was excellent at SCL and continue to support and endorse their program.

The op asked about schools on Samui I had both my sons ages 7 and 13 in SCL in Lamai it has been providing international education longer than any other school and both my children inter grated smoothly into the USA public schools IB program. We always believed value for money was excellent at SCL and continue to support and endorse their program.

The OP actually asked for info on the ISS - but I too have been guilty at times of wandering offtopic.gif

savey?

shut up i know dislesick people that have master degrees. spelling does not mean u are stupid. If people cant understand what i am saying then you are not worse arguing with as you dont understand which means that u r stupid.

take a nerd doctors with a very high IQ and dump him in a huble or a hazardous enviroment at the same time drop a steet smart kid. see who last the longest and

Because this happens all the time. It was only yesterday that I was speaking to a doctor and he told me this very thing. It's OK now because of his ordeal he is street smart. :-)

The ISS has it's fair share of spoliled, foul-mouthed brats there.. so be warned

Panyadee is certainly not weighted with Russians and those that are there are well mannered, healthy, open-minded and happy... much like their parents. They don't have 2 heads... not the ones i've seen. It follows the British curriculum and tries to encompass global views from the homework i've looked at. My mates kids go there and its a nice mix of all nationalities with happy, well balanced kids... and parents. The teachers there i'm told are focused and motivated, plus the classes are smaller so the teachers get to focus on all the kids in equal measure to get each one ticking along as fast as possible....

The ISS has it's fair share of spoliled, foul-mouthed brats there.. so be warned

Panyadee is certainly not weighted with Russians and those that are there are well mannered, healthy, open-minded and happy... much like their parents. They don't have 2 heads... not the ones i've seen. It follows the British curriculum and tries to encompass global views from the homework i've looked at. My mates kids go there and its a nice mix of all nationalities with happy, well balanced kids... and parents. The teachers there i'm told are focused and motivated, plus the classes are smaller so the teachers get to focus on all the kids in equal measure to get each one ticking along as fast as possible....

A well balanced critique whistling.gif (not) blink.png

The three main schools on Samui (Panyadee, SCl and ISS all have good/bad points.

In the younger age groups - they are all similar - except in price probably.

However, the ISS is committed to take children up to18 years old. The others not.

To my knowledge the teachers at all three schools are very committed and work hard to deliver what is required of them.

It's horses for courses but to infer that one school alone has two-headed parents and that all of the children at another school are from Stepford Wives is pretty dumb and shows that you have an agenda. Or was a kid related to you one of the ones expelled from the ISS?

Come on Higgins - do not sit on the fence, tell us what you really think. wink.png (That's a joke by the way wai2.gif ).

to the original poster.

If your children require a curriculm taught only in English, then yes, SCL ISS and Panyadee are the only available options. So this if it was me, I would lean towards ISS ( although the popular headmaster is leaving, so not sure of the replacement, so due diligance would be required ). I personally know parents with children at all of these schools, good points bad points weighed up, i would choose ISS. All are of similar expense now, which was not the case a couple of years ago.

One thing I would check is the school's policy of retaining teachers long term. So many of these Schools have quite a few staff changes every academic year, I feel this is not a good thing for the children, and a lot of these teachers are only just qualified, here for Two years then back to wherever. For me this is very important, so a visit would be required for each school.

If you could let us know whether you plan to stay in thailand long term, move around Asia,move to UK/Australia/USA then other members can advise from experience which is the best suited to your needs.

Regards

Alf.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

That really is the most sensible thing - see the schools yourself, and get your own picture of the atmosphere, the staff, and how compatible the school is with your idea of a good school.

Every poster has a bias, and nobody knows your child as well as you.

• Like 1