What's With All The Bikes Today?

wolf5370

It's like the xmas stuffed teddy run, which I watch going by each year. Today there has been an almost endless stream of bigger (read noisy) bikes going past. They all seem to be Thai, and various bikes including mopeds up to choppers.

Is there an organised ride or something?

Well, you know, bikers are nothing on their own. They need to operate in groups, organized to make more impression.

That's when you start noticing them as they make a whole lot of noise.

Not to mention the rest.

• Like 1

It's like the xmas stuffed teddy run, which I watch going by each year. Today there has been an almost endless stream of bigger (read noisy) bikes going past. They all seem to be Thai, and various bikes including mopeds up to choppers.

" They all seems to be Thai " ?

Of course they would be. What do you expect ??

Have you forgotton that this is Thailand you are living in ??

• Like 1

Two weeks ago I saw a group of them at Dukes wearing outlaw jackets. Looked like a peaceful lot to me.

Saw six big bikes parked at a hotel (not at a bar) today went up and looked at them only one had ape hangers.

Recall a group of them in Pattaya where they all had ape hangers and leather wear.

I take ya don't like the sound of T H U N D E R. in your ears.I use drag pipes.It's my horn so people see me coming.Have A better chance of not getting ran over

Actually doesn't bother me too much (can get annoying with those fart-in-a-tin-can cherry bombs and mopeds with baffles removed - just too tinny) . In the UK my last bike was an 800cc cruiser (hybrid made from many bits - mostly Kwak parts with some modified Harley parts like King-Queen seat, saddle bags and fittings) with slash cut straight through 4 into 2 pipes - could hear me coming for miles. Low grunt though, purr (difference is like a Ferrari versus a stone caught in an electric fan on high)

" They all seems to be Thai " ?

Of course they would be. What do you expect ??

Have you forgotton that this is Thailand you are living in ??

I saw a group of about 20 of them yesterday. Big and very expensive bikes; BMW and HD Electra Glides, etc. No choppers. They were all wearing outlaw jackets with Thai script. There was one farang in the group wearing the same jacket. Very nice motorcycles!

Two weeks ago I saw a group of them at Dukes wearing outlaw jackets. Looked like a peaceful lot to me.

Saw six big bikes parked at a hotel (not at a bar) today went up and looked at them only one had ape hangers.

Recall a group of them in Pattaya where they all had ape hangers and leather wear.

"ape hangers" smile.png I've never heard that term before. +l

Edited by mesquite

Ape hangers are extra long and high handlebars that are sometimes seen on Harleys. They are silly and not practical, but became popular after that biker movie.

• Like 1

Ape hangers are extra long and high handlebars that are sometimes seen on Harleys. They are silly and not practical, but became popular after that biker movie.

That Biker Movie clap2.gif

That would be EASY RIDER biggrin.png

Well, you know, bikers are nothing on their own. They need to operate in groups, organized to make more impression.

Not to mention the rest.

I know quite a few Bikers who would be happy to stand alone with you and see if you would insult them to their face LOL Im guessing your nothing without your keyboard thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Not to mention the rest.

I know quite a few Bikers who would be happy to stand alone with you and see if you would insult them to their face LOL Im guessing your nothing without your keyboard thumbsup.gif

So you are saying they are violent thugs?

That Biker Movie clap2.gif

That would be EASY RIDER biggrin.png

Of course. Not that I would have been able to name it. tongue.png

I heard them being called monkey bars in Australia. Looked rather dangerous - I've only ever had small bikes and mopeds, but even I can see there can't be any kind of control on a corner or in emergency.

Not to mention the rest.

So you are saying they are violent thugs?

Not at all, out of all the Bikers I know, NONE of them are violent thugs, in fact they are real nice guys who enjoy riding Motorbikes, be that a 125 wave or a 1600cc loud Chopper and they are some of the most kind hearted people I know that will help anyone and go out of their way to help those less fortunate then them.

It just pissed me of when <deleted> spout complete garbage and imply just because someone is riding a loud bike they are thugs its just ignorance spout by sad <deleted> sitting behind their computers because that is about the most exciting thing that happens in their life when they get a chance to insult a group of people they know nothing about while hiding behing their keyboard.

I sure agree with your second paragraph.

The first one I am quite sure they are like many other groups and have some bad people in them.

I honestly think when people see a group of bikers on large bikes they think of the out law biker gangs in North America and I have heard that some of them are taking over certain parts in Europe. It is unfortunate that they give many people a misconception of bikers as a whole.

I watched them all pass the opposite direction late last night - some nice bikes there - must have been a ride.

Used to do the odd Brighton run with people I passed by bike test with (years after - just an annual thing) - great laugh.

Biking in the west is a real community thing. The amount of times I have broken down in the UK on my bike and give it 5 or 10 minutes and some other biker will stop and lend a hand/offer a cigarette/for a chat/drink/offer their phone/etc - in a car, you wait for the RAC, no one else will stop. Ride past another biker and nods both ways - courtesy.

The fighting and violence you see on TV is all drama. A friend's pub used to be a stopping point for bikers - hundreds of bikes some weekends (more on Superbikes weekend - not far from Brands) - by far there biggest sale items is coke and orange juice!

Edited by wolf5370

I watched them all pass the opposite direction late last night - some nice bikes there - must have been a ride.

Used to do the odd Brighton run with people I passed by bike test with (years after - just an annual thing) - great laugh.

Biking in the west is a real community thing. The amount of times I have broken down in the UK on my bike and give it 5 or 10 minutes and some other biker will stop and lend a hand/offer a cigarette/for a chat/drink/offer their phone/etc - in a car, you wait for the RAC, no one else will stop. Ride past another biker and nods both ways - courtesy.

The fighting and violence you see on TV is all drama. A friend's pub used to be a stopping point for bikers - hundreds of bikes some weekends (more on Superbikes weekend - not far from Brands) - by far there biggest sale items is coke and orange juice!

by far there biggest sale items is coke and orange juice!..............that made me laugh...how can anyone admit to being in a bike gang that drank orange juice and coke ?

I recently learned to enjoy riding a proper motorbike in Thailand. Now that I'm back in Canada I'm tempted to get a bike and start ride here as well. We have several biker gangs on Vancouver Island and some are involved with drug sales, but I can't say they ever bother me. The ones I've met have always been nice to me. The other day I was driving down island on a nice day and I passed several big groups of riders on bikes. I think everyone was just out enjoying the limited sunshine we've had. Thailand is almost made for biking. There are few rules and laws, (at least not ones that are enforced) and there's perfect weather for riding. Bikers are no different than anyone else. They are just people who share similar interests. Sometimes it is just plain fun to go somewhere as a group. I would imagine that is the case for the recent group of big bikes in Chiang Mai. Every year there is a charity bike run from Chiang Mai to a village nearby that needs some assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

by far there biggest sale items is coke and orange juice!..............that made me laugh...how can anyone admit to being in a bike gang that drank orange juice and coke ?

Too easy to lose your license in the UK drinking and driving. Bikers on a run are out for the fun of the ride, coppers sit within reach of the various stopping points itching to nick a few. So, OJ and Pepsi is the order of the day for the riders. Back in their own club houses, its doubtful OJ was the biggest bar item!