Good Eats In Mae Rim: "steak Of The Day"

seesip

I went there with a friend the other night. Let me say that the food was excellent, we shared ribs and a pasta. But I find it a bit humerous that you get great, well presented, and well plated food and then still have your basic Thai food stall napkin service along with the typical amateur wait staff. And one needs to order water and then all you get is a small bottle. Yea, best to bring your own wine as we ordered red wine by the glass and got rather small shots of chilled (is this a Thai thing?) red wine in large red wine glasses. A bit pricey, but reasonable enough for a special event or hosting someone who wants good quality Farang food.

I went there with a friend the other night. Let me say that the food was excellent, we shared ribs and a pasta. But I find it a bit humerous that you get great, well presented, and well plated food and then still have your basic Thai food stall napkin service along with the typical amateur wait staff. And one needs to order water and then all you get is a small bottle. Yea, best to bring your own wine as we ordered red wine by the glass and got rather small shots of chilled (is this a Thai thing?) red wine in large red wine glasses. A bit pricey, but reasonable enough for a special event or hosting someone who wants good quality Farang food.

Chilled red wine is pretty common in hot climates, even in places like Spain. Not everyone's taste but if you take your own then you have it the way you want it. Over the years I have got used to it chilled but then I dont buy fine wine. Folks at the next table had wine served in very large (burgundy?)and the measures looked generous to me-and it wasnt byo.

As for the service, very good I thought. Not Ritz Carlton but then neither were the prices.....which I thought were very reasonable

As for the Mae Jo resident who says it's a bit far I also come from that area and it's really not a bad ride especially considering what else there is to choose from closer, which is not much or really nothing if your wanting Western food or even Thai. If you know differently please do tell!

Sausage King, 5Km south of MaeJo. Western Food.

MeeMees, Ruam Chok Plaza, 8Km south of MaeJo, near Rim Ping. Burmese food.

Edited by FiftyTwo

As for the Mae Jo resident who says it's a bit far I also come from that area and it's really not a bad ride especially considering what else there is to choose from closer, which is not much or really nothing if your wanting Western food or even Thai. If you know differently please do tell!

Sausage King, 5Km south of MaeJo. Western Food.

MeeMees, Ruam Chok Plaza, 8Km south of MaeJo, near Rim Ping. Burmese food.

Though I'm semi-retired from TV and don't post about restaurants anymore I will show enough manners to respond to a post directed at me.

Mee Mee the food use to be great and now just ok, sometimes a bit better but also can be not very good. Seems MeeMee has lost her interest, for example even if the dining room is empty there seems to always be quite a few table full of dirty dishes while the staff just sits in back, even when the owner is there!

As for the Sausage King the staff, cooks and owner don't know the menu and last time I went there we ordered different dished and all got the same main which was deep fried which none of the food we ordered should have been. Lost cause in my opinion but I have heard good things about their breakfast but fooled me once ..

I come here once a week and was always very satisfied with the price and quality of food.

Still waiting to see an online menu - before the long drive to Mae Rim for dinner.

No menu, no drive.

Understand your point MekongBob and if you have a long drive I suggest you phone ahead to book-open 11am and last orders 8pm. Facebook shows some photos etc. The menu is on a blackboard so presumably changes often. I'll try to help but too much for my small brain to remember - or maybe I drink too much Alzheimer Lite:

500g Lamb shank (good for 2?) 450bht; big aussie ribeye 400bht; salmon steak 259 bht; Caesar salad 99bht and many other mains and starters in that range-and they come with all the trimmings. Drinks cheap- fresh shakes etc 40bht. Cant tell you beer. They seem to have arrangement with House of Wine next door but I didnt check that out although one of their guys was around in the restaurant.

If you make it, I hope you enjoy it and think it worth the drive. If not, I guess you just wont go back, so what's to losetongue.png

I come here once a week and was always very satisfied with the price and quality of food.

Still waiting to see an online menu - before the long drive to Mae Rim for dinner.

No menu, no drive.

Understand your point MekongBob and if you have a long drive I suggest you phone ahead to book-open 11am and last orders 8pm. Facebook shows some photos etc. The menu is on a blackboard so presumably changes often. I'll try to help but too much for my small brain to remember - or maybe I drink too much Alzheimer Lite:

500g Lamb shank (good for 2?) 450bht; big aussie ribeye 400bht; salmon steak 259 bht; Caesar salad 99bht and many other mains and starters in that range-and they come with all the trimmings. Drinks cheap- fresh shakes etc 40bht. Cant tell you beer. They seem to have arrangement with House of Wine next door but I didnt check that out although one of their guys was around in the restaurant.

If you make it, I hope you enjoy it and think it worth the drive. If not, I guess you just wont go back, so what's to losetongue.png

Thanks for details - that gives me a much better idea of what's offered, and what prices. I'll try it soon!