Where To Stay On Budget Around Sukhumvit/nana?

tinom

Hi everyone,

I had been a young backpacker more more than 20 years ago...

I'm still a "Cheap Charly" but getting bored of Khao Sarn...

I still need cheap fan room but would like to stay around Sukhumvit, Nana or around...

Any suggestion for a clean and safe guesthouse around?

As glassdude stated...

I used to stay overnight in.bkk for early flt out, found b600gh down there. Was only 2-3 @ 600.though and that was 5+ years ago. But really, will be just a few at 600 and you will have to look hard.

Bangkok is quite pricey for rooms now days. 850 will get you a nice room if you look.

Fan rooms dont exist anymore and you really do not want a cramped, crappy room without ac anyway.

Best advice is to not stay in that overpriced area. The Khao San of sex tourists.

Edited by bangkokburning

Thank you all for your answers...

Double the price of a Khao Sarn room at least then!

In fact I like to be in a place not too far from my shoppings (Pantip, Central World, MBK..), having convenient links to the airports and train station (BTS) and having a night life too...

As well, aircon makes me sick...

Check out the 27 Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 22. Procede down Soi 22 from Sukhumvit Road. When you pass what's left of Washington Square look for a small soi, on the left. 27 Hotel is at the end of this soi. I think the name of the soi is Saihnum Thip. Give them a call for more details. 02 2582272 or 02 2594851 Price is B 400 a night.

• Like 1

In fact I like to be in a place not too far from my shoppings (Pantip, Central World, MBK..), having convenient links to the airports and train station (BTS) and having a night life too...

Just me that dont get this ?

So you want to stay in Nana , great location but you want a cheap room ( from your post your paying 3 or 4 hundred on Koa San )

But you like the nightlife , Well thats gonna buy you 2 beers in Nana ! seems odd that youd only like to pay the equivalant of a couple of beers for a room ?

Just Sayin

He he.. I use a room for sleep and shower... and occasionaly more.

So a room needs to be basically clean and safe but I never turn on a TV except when my girl wants all the neighborhoud to know how good I am to her.

Then true, I see the price of a small beer around Nana being as expensive as a large one on Khao Sarn!

Being good on using city busses thanks to google maps, my next location in BKK will be decided by my budget and lenght of stay.

Thank you everyone

Anyone know places,rooms for 5000-6000 bht a month around there?

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where is "around there"? If you mean the Sukhumvit area then check out Liberty Place Serviced Apartments on Soi 22. Give them a call, 02 258-0095/9, 02 663-4100/9, of visit their website for details. www.libplace.com

Anyone know places,rooms for 5000-6000 bht a month around there?

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where is "around there"? If you mean the Sukhumvit area then check out Liberty Place Serviced Apartments on Soi 22. Give them a call, 02 258-0095/9, 02 663-4100/9, of visit their website for details. www.libplace.com

Thanks I am trying to find , Really need a room bad for May and cant find at reasonable prices

Edited by allalong

So you want to stay in Nana , great location but you want a cheap room ( from your post your paying 3 or 4 hundred on Koa San )

But you like the nightlife , Well thats gonna buy you 2 beers in Nana ! seems odd that youd only like to pay the equivalant of a couple of beers for a room ?

Just Sayin

not to mention thee taxi fares from your 400 baht room to all these attractions will asily pump your costs up to much the same as you would b paying if you stayed a mere skytrain ride awyay

Just Sayin

not to mention thee taxi fares from your 400 baht room to all these attractions will asily pump your costs up to much the same as you would b paying if you stayed a mere skytrain ride awyay

Yup...if you can't afford a thousand Baht a night just stay in KSR where you will be more comfortable in every respect.

• 4 weeks later...