Larb Husband.....

theblether

Larb is a really tasty dish and i eat it alot, do you eat it cooked or raw, and with or without blood?

Not tried it with blood, I would if I could guarantee the meat was a fresh as could be.

Just be a little careful what you order with larb, i will only eat certain types of larb, for instance one of the original ingredients of larb is the use of the stomach contents. Not for me, i never had the will to eat cow or pig sh*t in any context.

Do you cook it for yourself too?

Larb is a really tasty dish and i eat it alot, do you eat it cooked or raw, and with or without blood?

On a Pizza.

I used to eat pizza when i was back home and one of the topping was spiced minced pork, never really considered the fact they are quite similar.

• Like 1

Not tried it with blood, I would if I could guarantee the meat was a fresh as could be.

Just be a little careful what you order with larb, i will only eat certain types of larb, for instance one of the original ingredients of larb is the use of the stomach contents. Not for me, i never had the will to eat cow or pig sh*t in any context.

No but I was thinking this morning that I should be learning some of the basic dishes, I would imagine it's relatively easy to make.

No but I was thinking this morning that I should be learning some of the basic dishes, I would imagine it's relatively easy to make.

Very easy, rice powder, minced pork, spring oniions, dried chilli powder, fish sauce, the pork flavouring you get in the green and white packets and lemon is all you need, fry off the mince leave a little juice in the pan, chop and add spring onions, add about 2 tbl spoons fish sauce, i tea spoon chilli powder and rice powder, a sprinkle of pork flavour and about 1/4 squeezed lemon and then mix it all together but do not re-heat or it will dry out, it's also a case of try it and decide what you need to add more of for your taste. Remember too much fish sauce or pork flavour willmake it taste salty.

• Like 1

Very easy, rice powder, minced pork, spring oniions, dried chilli powder, fish sauce, the pork flavouring you get in the green and white packets and lemon is all you need, fry off the mince leave a little juice in the pan, chop and add spring onions, add about 2 tbl spoons fish sauce, i tea spoon chilli powder and rice powder, a sprinkle of pork flavour and about 1/4 squeezed lemon and then mix it all together but do not re-heat or it will dry out, it's also a case of try it and decide what you need to add more of for your taste. Remember too much fish sauce or pork flavour willmake it taste salty.

yep i like it as well only always ask them to leave the rice powder out it goes not well with my plastic teeth

On a Pizza.

But there still is the issue of note that (from and addressed to the op...) Was the hussban fat like a piggy?????

What's this rice powder you're on about? blink.png

It's basically pre cooked sticky rice ground into a powder, easy to do yourself but you'll need a coffee grinder to avoid bigger hard bits..

Toast the rice in a frying pan dry until it is medium brown in colour, put it into the coffee grinder and grind until a powder, you can do loads at a time, as long as you keep it dry it will last forever.

yep i like it as well only always ask them to leave the rice powder out it goes not well with my plastic teeth

if you grind it with a coffee grinder it's more of a powder than the locals make, they just use the pestal and morter which results in bigger pieces and yes very hard.

I've been to Laos many,many times as Larb is a Lao dish and I've never seen it advertised raw on any menu anywhere in Vientiane!blink.png

I've been to Laos many,many times as Larb is a Lao dish and I've never seen it advertised raw on any menu anywhere in Vientiane!blink.png

Maybe not in Vientiane, but up here in Luang Prabang province, one of the traditional dishes eaten on the 15th April (Pee Mai Lao time) after the morning family Ba-See ceremony, is Laab Pa Dip (raw fish laab) or Laab Neua Dip (raw beef laab).

• Like 1

Possibly to do with the tourist element i don't know, i have not looked in tourist areas here either, in the village they all eat it raw if the meat is minced, if the meat is just sliced then yes they cook it first.

Possibly to do with the tourist element i don't know, i have not looked in tourist areas here either, in the village they all eat it raw if the meat is minced, if the meat is just sliced then yes they cook it first.

When it's sliced it's 'Nam Tok" (I think).

I've seen it raw too, many times especially liver...

I've been to Laos many,many times as Larb is a Lao dish and I've never seen it advertised raw on any menu anywhere in Vientiane!:blink:

Raw larb is usually called Goi in Isaan but it has another name in Laos - my husband tried to order Goi in Vientiane and they didn't know what he meant. I think he found out it had another name (as someone else said below). Plus dishes evolve when they get adapted/adopted by another region so it may be more popular in Thailand than Laos???