Southern Isaan Connections

boppia

Which province do you have connections with?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious where posters are. I know this has been done before but things change. So where are you guys or which provinces do you have connections to?

I've got connections to Rattanaburi, Surin but I am working somewhere else.

Just curious where posters are. I know this has been done before but things change. So where are you guys or which provinces do you have connections to?

I've got connections to Rattanaburi, Surin but I am working somewhere else.

Somehow you forgot one of the biggest town in Isaan,, Like Ubon???

few of us here, just for a record

I would guess most of us don't live in Esarn. Right now its just like a getaway camp. I enjoy visiting when I can. It's darn hot up there though. When I spend a long time up there I get bored with the food and want something western. I know that there are a few places in Muang district to get a burger. In recent years, more superstores have opened around LOS so that's good.

I would guess most of us don't live in Esarn. Right now its just like a getaway camp. I enjoy visiting when I can. It's darn hot up there though. When I spend a long time up there I get bored with the food and want something western. I know that there are a few places in Muang district to get a burger. In recent years, more superstores have opened around LOS so that's good.

Hot where :D , in Isaan?

i have been here since -98 have 1 aircon in my bed room and using that maybe 2-3 days per year,,, :D and Im from Finland,,,so it cant be so hot :o

:D

Eddie, we have connections to the same area. What's your favorite restaurant in town? That little Esarn food place downtown near the plant nursery is pretty good. There always seem to be a few cops eating there. I usually have lunch a few times there if I'm in town for a week.

Marco, you must be part Ethiopian. Glad to hear that you can handle the heat. For me when it's hot it's hot and when it's the cold season its still hot but it can get pretty cold at night. What province are you in anyway

Edited by boppia

Eddie, we have connections to the same area. What's your favorite restaurant in town? That little Esarn food place downtown near the plant nursery is pretty good. There always seem to be a few cops eating there. I usually have lunch a few times there if I'm in town for a week.

Marco, you must be part Ethiopian. Glad to hear that you can handle the heat. For me when it's hot it's hot and when it's the cold season its still hot but it can get pretty cold at night. What province are you in anyway

boppia

im in Ubon , yeah i think i have strange body system as im big fella as well 250LB but not swetting much, i find those cold seasson darn cold, we are closing out house and cover all the fans during cold seasson as my house get cold like fridge.that is time when winter clother are usefull during night time and socks.

-Marco-

I live 2km outside Rattana so only grab something to eat when I'm in town.

Do most of my eating in the village ( Ban Pui Noi )

Come on Surin lads & lasses.......................Korat has nosed in front. We can't have that. We have better Cheer-leaders

post-14019-1142900477.gif

post-14019-1142900419_thumb.jpg

Lampard

If ALL of those Cheer-leaders are in your place all the time,, ount me in next time we are in there..

:o

Marco H

See you live in Ubon area

Ubon and district. What's it like to live in? Many home comforts?

Markets/Supermarkets?

Watering holes?

Good Thai massage?

Good to better furnished property to rent?

Recognised town centre or sprawling urban centre?

University/Schools/other learning centres?

Cheap car hire?

Any other highlights?

Most important-- anywhere other than flat land? Undulating or hilly?

Can reply using email if preferred.

"Korat Correct"

Marco H

See you live in Ubon area

Ubon and district. What's it like to live in? Many home comforts?=Nice!

Markets/Supermarkets?=YES

Watering holes?=YES

Good Thai massage?=YES

Good to better furnished property to rent?=Mai Ruu, maybe

Recognised town centre or sprawling urban centre?=town

University/Schools/other learning centres?=YES/YES/YES

Cheap car hire? CAR HIRE= YES, DONT KNOW PRICE

Any other highlights? NO

Most important-- anywhere other than flat land? Undulating or hilly?=FLAT, and lot's of wholes on the road

Can reply using email if preferred.

"Korat Correct"

I am one hour east of Ubon city.

I am surprised to see Ubon and Amnat Charoen listed as "Southern" Isaan.... is this an offical classification ?

Mike

Now you know why Ubon amnat is still 0 as i didn't register :o

Well I'm not expert on latitude and longtitude but the map shows Ubon on the southern end of Esarn. Depending where you live in Ubon you may be further south than someone in Surin or BuriRam.

Anyways I'm just generalizing. So where do you think you are?

Esarn is supposed to mean Northeast. The Thai think of Sakaew, CHantuburi, Trat, Rayong, and Chonburi as the East. It's a strange country to map out. I guess if you go by western standards you might name the parts differently.

Ubon is definitely not in the Northern end of Esarn in my book. Eastern Esarn could be a classification.

Here's a link to a map online.

http://www.apartmentbangkok.com/mapguide/m...ai_province.htm

Well I'm not expert on latitude and longtitude but the map shows Ubon on the southern end of Esarn. Depending where you live in Ubon you may be further south than someone in Surin or BuriRam.

Esarn is supposed to mean Northeast. The Thai think of Sakaew, CHantuburi, Trat, Rayong, and Chonburi as the East. It's a strange country to map out. I guess if you go by western standards you might name the parts differently.

Ubon is definitely not in the Northern end of Esarn in my book. Eastern Esarn could be a classification.

Im my recolection Ubon been North-East last like ever....

but what i know,, im only living here :o

Well, boppia, I looked at youtr map and you are absolutely right - I had in mind that south of us were one or more other provinces and that we were "central eastern" - but you are right, definitely southern isaan :o .

It's funny, I am a bit of a map freak and enjoy pouring over maps, I just never looked at one where the provinces are so clearly marked out.

Thanks, I have learnt something - a good start to the day !

• 2 weeks later...