Interesting Driving Situations In Los

ivan96822

I remember my first time taking the taxi to MBK. As I was sitting at a red light on Sukhumvit, there was a slight tap on the bumper as the car behind us ran into us. Then, the back seat started to lift up as he squeezed his way into the next lane.

The cabbie got out, looked at the damage, and started making a fuss with the other guy, who kept his eyes fixed ahead and ignored the cabbie. He simply kept his window rolled up.

When the light turned green and the guy took off without talking to the cabbie, I was not surprised in the least bit.

Another time, I took a cab from Pattaya back to Bangkok. The cabbie, a proud Cambodian, was driving at least 150 - 170 km / hr, all the while as he looked over his shoulder and showed me pictures of Cambodia that he had in his wallet.

Any colorful stories to share?

Got into a cab yesterday Si Ayatthaya Rd and the cabbie started driving then started punching his steering wheel whilst shouting out the name Abishit Abishit Abishit and traveling diagonally across two lanes of traffic. My Wife said stop we want to get out and she gave him 40 baht and we had to run across three lanes of traffic to get to the kerb . She says she would rather pay him to stop the vehicle and let us out than to go anywhere with him.

I don't know if it was ya baa or a pathological hatred of Abishit but this driver was absolutely crazy.

This reminds me of a time when got into a cab headed to Khao San Road. We made a few turns, then the cabbie exited the cab, pissed in a bush, then came back over and was ready to continue to my destination. Very professional.

Another time, I wanted to go from BKK to Pattaya. I hailed a cabbie on Sukhumvit and asked him how much for the trip.

His response: "One baht."

I concluded that the second cabbie must be on something...