Is Soi Buakhow The Walking Street For Expats In Pattaya?

detinu68

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally only go there for the market and for the large clinic.

Christmas dinner at the coins is good. As is breakfast.

go-go bars? no thanks. Give me live music or the EPL and F1 any day over go-go bars. Pole dancers are like strippers, seen one, seen them all.

• Like 2

Old article owners not same, same old same old with go go bars with over priced beers and p4p, bars like triangle are the place to be. Interesting to see how many go go's survive the currency rates as they are mostly empty.

Edited by marstons

Old article owners not same, same old same old with go go bars with over priced beers and p4p, bars like triangle are the place to be. Interesting to see how many go go's survive the currency rates as they are mostly empty.

Fully agree that The Triangle stands out down there. "Buy one, get one free".

The gogo's survive because the of the girls - very expensive, 700 Baht+ barfines. The owners don't need beer swilling customers.

They finance their businesses with barfines, expensive beer and ladydrinks, and of course hundreds of thousands of tourists and expats.

Good luck to them.

Edited by detinu68

I generally only go there for the market and for the large clinic.

Christmas dinner at the coins is good. As is breakfast.

go-go bars? no thanks. Give me live music or the EPL and F1 any day over go-go bars. Pole dancers are like strippers, seen one, seen them all.

Yes, very good breakfast at the 18 Coins.

The specials aren't bad either.

I dont go to bars or discos but I certainly would never go to WS at any time, whereas I do go several times a week to the Soi Buakow area to eat in various places, in spite of living in Jomtien.

Did you ever go to Walking Street?

And if you did, how was it for you? wink.png

I think both can be fun even for expats. I don't like the mass package tourists on WS though. There are too many of them and they get in my way. They only gawk and don't go into the bars. It doesn't make sense. They come to a place like Pattaya and don't buy a beer. Up to them I guess.

I live just off Soi Boukow so it's living street for me. I eat and drink there almost daily. I'm a long time expat here.

I think both can be fun even for expats. I don't like the mass package tourists on WS though. There are too many of them and they get in my way. They only gawk and don't go into the bars. It doesn't make sense. They come to a place like Pattaya and don't buy a beer. Up to them I guess.

I live just off Soi Boukow so it's living street for me. I eat and drink there almost daily. I'm a long time expat here.

Correction : They come to a place like Thailand and have their last 3 days off as a R&R at a beach resort like Pattaya or Phuket. They don't give damn about go go bars.

Did you ever go to Walking Street?

And if you did, how was it for you?

I sometimes used to walk along it 25 years ago or more. It was much nicer then but even so I never really liked it. Now it's just too awful for words. The area between walking street and the VC Hotel was more interesting and that I used to quite like. Wouldn't go there now though as it's like something out of Aladdin these days.

I find Soi Boukow to be a very lively street always something going on and many good restaurants in the area.

Lightly dressed girls on foot and motorbikes, nice, I enjoy riding my scooter though the entire length but better be alert as bikes are buzzing all over the place.

A complete nightmare in the truck, no where to park and the Soi feels very narrow.

Nobody said it yet, so here comes Devil's Advocate:

What you see at Soi Bua Khao is more evidence of the old seedy Farang oriented sex scene being pushed further out from the bay / beach areas (which see more high end development) into sad little back sois (like Bua Khao) that can't handle the traffic. Pattaya's first red light slum, for a particular kind of expat.

(You're welcome. smile.png )

Hmm...well Soi BueKao has been around for at least 20 years and was as seedy 10 years ago when I first came here as it is now. So when was this "pushing out"? I also have noticed far more "western style" working ladies standing by the 7 on Walking Street. So isn't Walking Street getting seedier despite the package tourists?

Walking street has nothing a lot of other areas in Pattaya have, be it LK Metro, Soi 8 off Beach Road or similar places. And Walking Street is way more expensive. Last time I went - maybe 18 months or more ago - it was 120 Baht for a small beer in a music bar.

Friends go to go-go bars on soi 8 off beach Road and they can buy a lady drink for 90 Baht. Imagine trying to do that in Walking street blink.png

Twenty thousand baht for a 2 week package tour from Russia - why do you think they don't buy a beer or go in to the bars??

Twenty thousand baht for a 2 week package tour from Russia - why do you think they don't buy a beer or go in to the bars??

Well, I can't get a flight only for that money, so I would guess that they have some bucks left for a beer.

Fully agree that The Triangle stands out down there. "Buy one, get one free".

The gogo's survive because the of the girls - very expensive, 700 Baht+ barfines. The owners don't need beer swilling customers.

They finance their businesses with barfines, expensive beer and ladydrinks, and of course hundreds of thousands of tourists and expats.

Good luck to them.

Take it you not been down there for a while, 700 baht very expensive!!!! prey do tell, hundreds of thousands of tourist in the bars, where? they need beer swilling customers and a full stage that empties slowly about 1 hour before closing, my old place did anyways.

if you want clubs as in real clubs and freelancers you go to walking, if you into beer bars and gogo's you go to soi buakhao

if you want pretty young girls, you go to walking street, if you want older ones stick to buakhao.

Walking street very multi cultural, Soi Buakhao very British.

Triangle bar is a dump but offers cheap drinks, hence its busy. Take away the cheap drinks and the place would be empty

• Like 1

I find Soi Boukow to be a very lively street always something going on and many good restaurants in the area.

Lightly dressed girls on foot and motorbikes, nice, I enjoy riding my scooter though the entire length but better be alert as bikes are buzzing all over the place.

A complete nightmare in the truck, no where to park and the Soi feels very narrow.

Loads of places to park you just need to be in the know.. thumbsup.gif

lol in the words of one well known LK metro bar owner " One day LK "will be THE walking street" of Pattaya................yeah nah.. I do WS once a week, aint been in LK for nearly 3 years and do not see any reason to go there any time soon.

if you want clubs as in real clubs and freelancers you go to walking, if you into beer bars and gogo's you go to soi buakhao

if you want pretty young girls, you go to walking street, if you want older ones stick to buakhao.

Triangle bar is a dump but offers cheap drinks, hence its busy. Take away the cheap drinks and the place would be empty

Why is the Triangle bar a dump in your opinion? everybody enjoys the cheap beers and whisky provided there...all the sports on numerous screens and decent food if you have tried albeit bar snack food.

• Like 1

Why is the Triangle bar a dump in your opinion? everybody enjoys the cheap beers and whisky provided there...all the sports on numerous screens and decent food if you have tried albeit bar snack food.

Its an open bar, always hot. Half of the fans do not work.

Service girls have no idea of drink names.

Not multiple screen but 3 may be 4 now

Decent food? cheap food -yes, decent -would not go that far.

Just because it has cheap drinks it does not make it a good bar, so NO, not everybody enjoys it there, only those who seek out cheap drinks overlooking all of the above

• Like 1

Its an open bar, always hot. Half of the fans do not work.

Service girls have no idea of drink names.

Not multiple screen but 3 may be 4 now

Decent food? cheap food -yes, decent -would not go that far.

Just because it has cheap drinks it does not make it a good bar, so NO, not everybody enjoys it there, only those who seek out cheap drinks overlooking all of the above

You are right all it has going for it is cheap beer. Popular with long term expats who like drinking and don't mind or care about ambiance, facilities or service. Their two for one deals target the long term expat drinker on a budget.