Bangkok Police On The Hunt For Anonymous Rock-Thrower

webfact

Must be a slow crime day for a city of around 10-million for a rock thrower to be making the top headlines.

Maybe, but we had one back in the Netherlands too.. there were copycats and accidents. I don't think this is a minor crime. Imagine the death toll if it hits a window and the car slams into an other car. Throwing rocks from an overpass is real dangerous.
I can remember a time in Britain when placing objects on railways lines was a bit of a pastime
I thought those objects were called trains?
  • Like 1

Lotta idiots here think this is something to scoff at, but getting hit by a sizeable rock at over 100kph (if your vehicle is doing that) is no laughing matter. It's like getting shot at by a gun. With real bullets.

If you do 100 kph on the streets of Bangkok you deserve getting shot at by a gun. With real bullets.
  • Like 1

These types of individuals do not stop, they usually get caught. Hopefully sooner than later.

Hopefully caught before he seriously injurers someone like has happened in Melbourne Australia a few years back when a young idiot hurled a huge rock off a freeway overpass straight through the front windscreen.

We left Melbourne in 2007, and leading up to that there were several spates of this happening. I remember the bloke who died, I think it was a direct hit and the impact of the rock killed him rather than the collision that inevitably followed. Almost impossible to stop this kind of thing. I doubt very much that the Bogans doing it realise the full consequences of their actions. I really think that they believe that they are being 'mischievous' in their own minds, rather than malicious. I'm quite sure that the aim of it isn't to kill someone, just get a direct hit. It's just a game to them. What can be done?

Must be a slow crime day for a city of around 10-million for a rock thrower to be making the top headlines.

Maybe, but we had one back in the Netherlands too.. there were copycats and accidents. I don't think this is a minor crime. Imagine the death toll if it hits a window and the car slams into an other car. Throwing rocks from an overpass is real dangerous.
I can remember a time in Britain when placing objects on railways lines was a bit of a pastime

The object of the objects was to de-rail trains or am i going too fast for you ?

Maybe it is some fellow training himself to be a dispenser of red shirt justice democracy.

Oh dear....the first to let his obsession with red shirts shine through in an eminently non-political thread. I suggest taking up a sport or hobby. Good for the blood pressure, don't cha know.

Maybe he was just going by past practice of your friends.

..and there's another one...might I suggest the same form of therapy.

And just to put you in no doubt of my position in a format hopefully simple enough for you to understand:

rock-throwing from bridges = bad

Get it? Now go peddle your political hangups on the appropriate threads, there's a good chap.

Same russian dek young people doing with high-speed trains, they are throwing rocks right in to windows. I think it's simillar psy problem when somebody doing bad things with animals.

Sure his actions could have serious consequences but c'mon, is this really worth the headline? sad.png

On a funnier note; 'By the time police reached the scene, the man had used his motorcycle to take flight'

Did they reach the scene the same day? Or had the 'phantom rock flinger' left the scene casually as the BIB were busy scamming a motorist sporting a outer Bangkok plate?

Well... the article said "Toyota Hating Individual"

This journalist should be sacked, before his "creative" journalism seriously defames someone or he/she misrepresents an event that could have catastrophic consequences.

cheesy.gif Brilliant. Thanks for brightening up my evening.

Had some punks pummel my car once. I backtracked and saw them hide in an empty pool. I chucked a lit M-1000 in said pool and they scattered like wet rats,all holding their ears. Price worth a few dents on the battered wagon for the look on their cat eating xxxx faces.!

You keep one (or more) of those in your truck?

Fortunate for them or else you would have to had to get the gun out of the glove-box or rifle off the rack eh. biggrin.png

I am so in awe of you!!.... so prepared for rock throwers! Were you a Boy Scout? Not that it matters.... can you let me know which bar you and all your ex-special forces sit..... I may have a job for you. My next door neighbours cats are eating all the geckos and crapping all over the place. No.... I don't want the neighbours experiencing the wet treatment .... just the cats.

It happened in Australia many years ago - rock through the windscreen causing death to the driver.

By the time police reached the scene, the man had used his motorcycle to take flight.

So the police are on the lookout for one these then I take it:

5181190_yxisi_3342.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard, even for them. whistling.gif

Lotta idiots here think this is something to scoff at, but getting hit by a sizeable rock at over 100kph (if your vehicle is doing that) is no laughing matter. It's like getting shot at by a gun. With real bullets.

If you do 100 kph on the streets of Bangkok you deserve getting shot at by a gun. With real bullets.

LOL Can you do 100kph on the roads in Bangkok?

Maybe it is some fellow training himself to be a dispenser of red shirt justice democracy.

Oh dear....the first to let his obsession with red shirts shine through in an eminently non-political thread. I suggest taking up a sport or hobby. Good for the blood pressure, don't cha know.

Maybe he was just going by past practice of your friends.

..and there's another one...might I suggest the same form of therapy.

And just to put you in no doubt of my position in a format hopefully simple enough for you to understand:

rock-throwing from bridges = bad

Get it? Now go peddle your political hangups on the appropriate threads, there's a good chap.

Mods all though there is a chance my post was accurate I would like to have you remove it.

• Like 1

This is a very serious crime. Around 1993, this happened to me on the 405 Freeway in the vicinity of Long Beach. Someone threw a very large rock and it hit the windshield right in front of my face. Fortunately, the windshield held and the rock didn't break through nor did any splinters of glass come off of the inside of the windshield. Thanks to the high quality of the glass used in the Chevy, the rock bounced off and I counted myself very lucky to be alive given how large the rock was. California has had other incidents of rock throwing from time to time so it isn't a unique event. Sometimes people are injured. I hope that it doesn't happen in Bangkok very much. The perpetrators seem hard to catch.

NAW, he just mixed up Mr 'T's Black Shirts - thinking they belonged to the Red Shirts

Why cannot some people here on TV who seem to have something wrong with their heads

realise that this news article in the Bangkok Post was written by a Thai whose first language

is not English.

If there were to be a news article written in Thai and by farangs whose first language is not

Thai, I am pretty sure the native Thais will be rolling on the floor laughing. cheesy.gif

If you people do not have anything positive to say, go find something worthwhile to do.

Good, then we can all keep each other amused and bemused.