Retirement Visa Without Funds?

HarryMilton

I have seen an advertisement on ThaiVisa from a company guaranteeing to obtain retirement visas for the over-50s even for those with no money. I think 800,000 baht is the normal requirement?

Would it be a risk to use this type of company which I assume cannot be completely legal, and if not, why should those of us who get their visas the correct way continue to do that?

If somebody lends you 800,000 baht, you put it in your own bank account for 3 months and then apply for an extension based on retirement, then that is perfectly legal and correct.

Any other way will require connivance of others, who may be immigration and/or bank officials. These methods, by their very nature, are not 100% legit.

But as they say 'up to you'.

I agree there is nothing illegal about getting a legit three month loan. No, that would be frowned upon and perhaps immigration would give you a hard time if they knew it, but not technically against official immigration rules or laws. However, in my view, most of these visa fixing schemes don't actually put money in your bank account for three months. So they're doing something else using whatever tricks of the trade (and connections) they have, and surely that cannot be considered legal.

• Like 1

I agree there is nothing illegal about getting a legit three month loan. No, that would be frowned upon and perhaps immigration would give you a hard time if they knew it, but not technically against official immigration rules or laws. However, in my view, most of these visa fixing schemes don't actually put money in your bank account for three months. So they're doing something else using whatever tricks of the trade (and connections) they have, and surely that cannot be considered legal.

The last part of your reply was my point exactly. They seem to be doing something not entirely legit but that cannot be the case, if it were ThaiVisa would not allow them to advertise, surely?

But it all must be above board, surely? If it's not then how come TV let them advertise their illegal activities?

But it all must be above board, surely? If it's not then how come TV let them advertise their illegal activities?

Depends on the type of ads. Paid direct ads would be differently than automatic ads like google adsense.

No-one is going to give a complete stranger, particularly one with no money, a 3 month loan of 800k baht so your last sentence applies which was my point exactly.

But then it must be legit, you would think, otherwise TV surely wouldn't accept an ad offering illegal services?

Replying to Retirement Visa Without Funds?

we have a similar service being offered in chiang mai

but i dont know if its illegal or not coz i use the 800 odd

thousand in my bk bank leagaly and ive just topped up to

900 odd thousand to re new my visa which is due in july

dave2

post-42592-0-46494000-1366805560_thumb.j

post-42592-0-98670100-1366805598_thumb.j

Figures quoted of 20 and 25k are over the top. The system is available for 12 and 15k if you know where to look.

Many people who have the 800k use the system ---- in Aus one can get 6 or 7 percent depending on investment options. 6% of 800k is 48k so the back door is attractive to many.

Figures quoted of 20 and 25k are over the top. The system is available for 12 and 15k if you know where to look.

Many people who have the 800k use the system ---- in Aus one can get 6 or 7 percent depending on investment options. 6% of 800k is 48k so the back door is attractive to many.

whilst I would not do it your figure is the most accurate around at the moment.

but as always best to do it the 100% legal way.

There is a service in Pattya and the immigration is in on it. The money does not go into your account for more than a few hours and the cost is usually 25k. It is a scam but one day it will blow up

It's a scam? So everyone doing it loses their money, is that what you're saying?

Might have been a google ad, TV would never allow that as its illegal and against forum rules. 100% not above board by any stretch of the imagination, however seems to be touted about prity much all over the country so if it does go bang it would be a big bang all the way to the top.

Why would you want a retirement visa if you have no money to show ?

What would you do to survive ? Try to be a con artist ??

People like you are not welcome in Thailand.

Stay in your own country.

Never used any of these type services myself,

but

Some people on a pension had 66 + thousand baht per month 10 years ago, when I moved here I got 74 baht for 1 GBP, with the present day exchange rate to day = 38,000 baht, month so well below the 800k or 65k month, many here have there own house/apartment fully paid, so they can still live very well, just do not have 65,000 baht per month. or 800k sat in a Bank here..

Tut tut, sad.png

He's welcome to my house, I don't judge folk by how much money they have or the situation they find their self in. Sadly that is now the way the world is for many like you . coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Tut tut, sad.png

He's welcome to my house, I don't judge folk by how much money they have or the situation they find their self in. Sadly that is now the way the world is for many like you . coffee1.gif

Thanks for that.

He doesn't understand the difference between a comment on something possibly dodgy and a request about how to do it.

As question earlier, why would anybody try to retire with no money in any county? I can add only one thing; it's this kind of shady talk that tends to paint Farangs with the same brush. If I run into any Farang living here illegally, I'd rat him him out in a heartbeat.

Good riddance to this type of person.

There was a similar posting the other day regarding this activity:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/634644-are-such-visa-offers-serious/#entry6330006

There is a report button you can use in classifieds to report an ad like this. As it was, I reported the ad and it was removed within a couple of hours.

As question earlier, why would anybody try to retire with no money in any county? I can add only one thing; it's this kind of shady talk that tends to paint Farangs with the same brush. If I run into any Farang living here illegally, I'd rat him him out in a heartbeat.

You're making a lot of assumptions there. I don't approve of people using dodgy retirement extension fixers because I don't consider that route LEGAL, but there is no way that everyone using those fixers doesn't have enough money to sustain themselves in Thailand. Hint: for most retirees, they do NOT need 800K per year, every year to actually live here and live here well. Especially those that own their own housing. So those paying fixers they have their own unique reasons for either not being able to meet the actual specific extension rules or they just don't want to bother as they find using a fixer more convenient.

Keep in mind there are HASSLES involved in meeting the actual rules even for those who easily can meet the requirements financially. If using an income method, you've got to bother with a fresh income letter from your embassy/consulate. If using the 800K method, you've got to meet the rather annoying requirement of the two or three month seasoning.

Edited by Jingthing

The problem is not that he (or anyone) is trying to retire with NO MONEY, but it is the requirement to put a substantial portion of your money into a Thai bank just to get the visa.

I have a fair bit of money invested overseas, and for me, it would compromise my investment to have to liquidate some of it to put it into a Thai bank account.

I also have retirement income, but due to multiple citizenships and sources, it gets complicated getting the 'embassy' approved letter, not to mention the current sorry state of the exchange rate, which has severely impacted the value of that retirement income.

Does that help clarify things at all? Not everybody is dodgy you know.

• Like 1

The problem is not that he (or anyone) is trying to retire with NO MONEY, but it is the requirement to put a substantial portion of your money into a Thai bank just to get the visa.

I have a fair bit of money invested overseas, and for me, it would compromise my investment to have to liquidate some of it to put it into a Thai bank account.

I also have retirement income, but due to multiple citizenships and sources, it gets complicated getting the 'embassy' approved letter, not to mention the current sorry state of the exchange rate, which has severely impacted the value of that retirement income.

Does that help clarify things at all? Not everybody is dodgy you know.

Good intelligent post. Thanks. thumbsup.gif

No Thai spouse, to retire will require 800,000 baht.

Thai wife, get a 50% discount only 400,000 baht.

Thai husband, get a 100% discount and easy citizenship.

It's possible for women to live here legally with no money.