My Thai Girlfriend Just Told Me Her Father Is A Policeman....

davidst01

This is so obviously a troll, it's amazing that it's received so many pages of serious responses.

"Not a bar girl"...then why does he use the language of those who frequent bars ("she's a stunner") to describe her? Give me a break. Hey, OP, is she a "spinner" too?

"not a bar girl" - how arrogant and insulting. Are ALL bar girls bad and just after your money? No doubt some are, but so are many females who are not bar girls. It someone has a bad experience with a bar girl (or any other girl if it comes to that) then its your fault - you should have better judgement and know the character of any girl that you may ask to marry you - otherwise stay single. I met my "bar girl" 7 years ago and made sure that we knew and understood each other before recently asking her to marry me. She is honest, kind and considerate and our relationship is based on love not money. But that's how it should be for any permanent relationship.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so obviously a troll, it's amazing that it's received so many pages of serious responses.

"Not a bar girl"...then why does he use the language of those who frequent bars ("she's a stunner") to describe her? Give me a break. Hey, OP, is she a "spinner" too?

"not a bar girl" - how arrogant and insulting. Are ALL bar girls bad and just after your money? No doubt some are, but so are many females who are not bar girls. It someone has a bad experience with a bar girl (or any other girl if it comes to that) then its your fault - you should have better judgement and know the character of any girl that you may ask to marry you - otherwise stay single. I met my "bar girl" 7 years ago and made sure that we knew and understood each other before recently asking her to marry me. She is honest, kind and considerate and our relationship is based on love not money. But that's how it should be for any permanent relationship.

Post again in a year or so after you buy house and car for her mama, papa, brother, sister and entire village.

Nope, sorrywai.gif , your girl is differentrolleyes.gif

If my daughter comes home with someone twice her age, he will know immediately if he is welcome or not.

i may have missed it, but do not think age was mentioned anywhere by OP

'Its duly noted that I am her fathers age and that my lady friend is half my age. She is obviously

above the legal 20 yrs of age and thus no issue there.'

Throw some numbers about, they all come out the same, unless your commande.

If my daughter comes home with someone twice her age, he will know immediately if he is welcome or not.

'Its duly noted that I am her fathers age and that my lady friend is half my age. She is obviously

Hhmmm, she is above 20, he is older, but i do not see how much older.

She could be 21 and he is 33, is it satisfactory? what if she was 25 and he was 39?

Post again in a year or so after you buy house and car for her mama, papa, brother, sister and entire village.

Another sarcastic generalised response on the same theme. You stick with your opinion - I will back my judgement.

Another sarcastic generalised response on the same theme. You stick with your opinion - I will back my judgement.

of course you will, your girl is differentwai2.gif

Not wise to ask for advise on the internet first in such cases.

I would refuse any further contact with my daughter because you entered into my house/family with a virtual public opinion.

You're not good enough. She can find much better.

And which country would you be referring to?

If you're paying her for her "affections" then probably nothing to worry about.

If you're not and she's even remotely immature, you should be prepared for trouble.

And do you have the funds for the appropriate sin sod / dowry that will be required on the day of marriage (if that happens)?

I doubt you have anything to worry about unless you are a dick and mistreat girls I mean women, or the girl is prone to being crazy. Oh wait she is Thai, so it is guaranteed she is crazy. Still I doubt you have anything to worry about, her father probably has a mistress or two so he knows how these things work, even if it is his daughter.

I have never heard of a relationship getting pear shaped before so maybe you has some troubles I have never encountered. [shrug]

• Like 1

Not wise to ask for advise on the internet first in such cases.

I would refuse any further contact with my daughter because you entered into my house/family with a virtual public opinion.

You're not good enough. She can find much better.

And which country would you be referring to?

I was not referring to any country.

My point was that it's not reasonable to post these topics/questions before he knocks on the door of her father.

Edited by Thorgal

She could be 21 and he is 33, is it satisfactory? what if she was 25 and he was 39?

Sheesh.

Are you related to Commande?

You are aren't you?

my advice for you is : run, you will be in trouble or get fleeced big time!blink.png

a couple years ago I heard a story ( just a story, may be true or not ) friends of mine and I were sitting after a hard day of work ( playing golf ) at the bar and had some g+t, and the conversation came up, how smart these thai girls are, developing new scams to milk farangs, a friend of mine American, mentioned that he had a friend, also ami, 55, who had a thai girlfriend, 26; one evening she told him that her brother was a Lt. in the Phuket police force, while he was reading a article in the Phuket news about a drug bust, she said to him look that's my brother, oops, two weeks later they split up, because of issues in the horizontal area, she was just a stick, my friend told me ( very sad ), a day later she knocked at his apartment, he let her in and she said : you give me 60 thousand bath or my brother come, and give big trouble to you, so he got scared for whatever reason, may be he had trouble before ( my guess ), he didn't went to the local police, to report that incident and just paid her of to get over it,after that he never heard anything from this girl, quick 60k for her, 3 times a month 180 k

just run, now !!or it could be thathit-the-fan.gif

Edited by deesamui

my advice for you is : run, you will be in trouble or get fleeced big time!blink.png

a couple years ago I heard a story ( just a story, may be true or not ) friends of mine and I were sitting after a hard day of work ( playing golf ) at the bar and had some g+t, and the conversation came up, how smart these thai girls are, developing new scams to milk farangs, a friend of mine American, mentioned that he had a friend, also ami, 55, who had a thai girlfriend, 26; one evening she told him that her brother was a Lt. in the Phuket police force, while he was reading a article in the Phuket news about a drug bust, she said to him look that's my brother, oops, two weeks later they split up, because of issues in the horizontal area, she was just a stick, my friend told me ( very sad ), a day later she knocked at his apartment, he let her in and she said : you give me 60 thousand bath or my brother come, and give big trouble to you, so he got scared for whatever reason, may be he had trouble before ( my guess ), he didn't went to the local police, to report that incident and just paid her of to get over it,after that he never heard anything from this girl, quick 60k for her, 3 times a month 180 k

It's completely legal if during their relationship they were more than 3 months together.

Edited by Thorgal

If you are a heart breaker and not a true man, best to run far and fast. But if you have honorable intentions and your kwan tells you she is the one, it could be an opportunity to start a family with strong ties and being connected from the get-go. If you are committed, you best "walk the line".

It's completely legal if during their relationship they were more than 3 months together.

what is legal, sorry I don't get it ?????? she being a stick that's legal she being a blackmailer shouldn't be legal, please lighten up my horizons!!

If you are a heart breaker and not a true man, best to run far and fast. But if you have honorable intentions and your kwan tells you she is the one, it could be an opportunity to start a family with strong ties and being connected from the get-go. If you are committed, you best "walk the line".

true man in LOS pretty rare species. players, mongers, muppetts and BLOKES all over the place, our problem, I guess cowboy.gif

My

question is…. Its it a concern for me if our relationship goes pear shaped?

Yes.

Agreed Mr. Red.

Most of these posters that are saying, "don't worry, it's ok", "maybe you are the problem", aren't considering the fact that "one opinion fits all" doesn't work in this situation. Your gut feeling is telling you something and you should listen.

My experience:

When I first arrived in Thailand I married my first wife after we had been communicating for a long time and after numerous visits. After I stayed in Thailand for a while I realized she was more crazy than sane. Also, what I didn't know before was she had a brother that was a policeman. At the time I thought nothing of it not really having much experience in Thailand. Then the crazy side came out in the wife and she started saying her brother will kill me and reminded me of that on a regular basis. All I was trying to do was keep the peace but she would have nothing to do with it. Needless to say I parted with her within just a few months.

In short, I think it has a lot to do with the woman. Maybe it will be a problem and maybe it won't. For myself, I wouldn't want that hanging over my head.

Edited by Markaew

cowboy.gif don't ride this pony, you wiil loose your balls and the THING, go back to the papaya farm and do barfining, when you are horny! just don't forget your co....at. les girls with a dad who works for the police down there, get a nice STUNNING bar girl and ridelike a devil, broncobustercheesy.gif

To the OP

The occupation of her father is the least of your concern, unless you’re worrying about your girl could be a gun slinger, into handcuffs and bribery.smile.png
The main immediate concern is to ask yourself a question…”Why would a young 20s something, sweet, & stunner (of course)…want to be involved romantically with someone who’s old enough to be her uncle or a father’s friend?”

My uncle in law is a high ranked police officer. Good guy, very down to to earth. Although everybody knows about corruption etc these kind of ranks are pretty responsible for their squad and familie. Just keep him as a friend, and you should be fine.

To the OP

The occupation of her father is the least of your concern, unless you’re worrying about your girl could be a gun slinger, into handcuffs and bribery.smile.png

The main immediate concern is to ask yourself a question…”Why would a young 20s something, sweet, & stunner (of course)…want to be involved romantically with someone who’s old enough to be her uncle or a father’s friend?”

It works sometimes.

Guy meets girl, girl and guy like each other.

Bump uglies and cannot be separated.

Happens for real, no monetary involvement, just feelings, yuck, always hated feelings.

I know one couple in particular that this is working out fine for and you would be surprised at the situations personal details.

^ mr & mrs Ichybum?smile.png

I don’t see any problem about it, as long as they both are honest to each other of their wants/needs/or expectations since the beginning.

The problem usually arises when one or both are playing the game of “peacock chasing chicken or vice versa”, and won’t learn to accept that bad consequences can happen later on, due to this unusual set up.

I for one, don't like game playing and wouldn't be in a relationship with someone whom I can't see as my best friend. "sweet, and stunner are not usually the top on my list", the person has to have more substance or other good qualities far above those 2 superficial traits"...just me

Edited by doji

^ mr & mrs Ichybum?smile.png

I don’t see any problem about it, as long as they both are honest to each other of their wants/needs/or expectations since the beginning.

The problem usually arises when one or both are playing the game of “peacock chasing chicken or vice versa”, and won’t learn to accept that bad consequences can happen later on, due to this unusual set up.

I for one, don't like game playing and wouldn't be in a relationship with someone whom I can't see as my best friend. "sweet, and stunner are not usually the top on my list", the person has to have more substance or other good qualities far above those 2 superficial traits"...just me

Not mr n mrs moi I am talking about, we are 10 years difference only.

I can off the top of my head recall 3 couples I know that fit the double or more age gap.

The first involved a long term friendship between middle class educated girl and slightly older than double guy. Developed slowly into something more and looks solid. She is sweet and stunning and has several more down to earth qualities. it s possible to have them.

The other couple are based moreso on a financial advantage, but not dependence. She works normal job, is at least a few years younger than half his age and they are galavanting around the country side now together in a foreign land. She is cute, not stunning, is sweet now, but was not as a teenager at all and has a few other qualities.

The third couple is the worst, pure finance and convenience arrangement, She is not a stunner, not sure about sweet as don't know her well. But the age is a kicker here, he is 3 and a half times her age. This couple are not friends as the other 2 are, just acquaintances.

So you think her father was 12 or 14 when she was born? Possible but somewhat less than likely...

what is legal, sorry I don't get it ?????? she being a stick that's legal she being a blackmailer shouldn't be legal, please lighten up my horizons!!

Concubine laws are still applicable in Thailand.

Edited by Thorgal