Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Ah, redscouse, I do think you're a pessimist. Pessimists are people who focus on the negative and that's what you do. When someone scores a winning goal you want to focus on recognizing the team? You can do both, mate, recognize the hero who scored the winner and the others who put him in the position and gave him the chance to score the winner.

Ah, redscouse, I do think you're a pessimist. Pessimists are people who focus on the negative and that's what you do. When someone scores a winning goal you want to focus on recognizing the team? You can do both, mate, recognize the hero who scored the winner and the others who put him in the position and gave him the chance to score the winner.

for example, you can praise babel for scoring against us and thank giggsy for setting him up. :o

i draw the line at voronin though. if he scores i want the fuc_ker to injure himself in his celebration.

At last we showed what we have. For 75 minutes any of the "also rans" watching must have been terrified. Obviously removing StevieG took the fizz away but what a comprehensive demolition that was.

Victory meant we will end 2008 unbeaten on our own patch, the only side in all four divisions to go through the calendar year managing such a feat.

Credit to Keane (at last). He had an excellent game. He looked energetic, sharp and hungry.

Insua looks as though the left back position is truly his for keeps. Alonso (yet again) was simply brilliant. He must NEVER be allowed to leave.

With Torres back (soon), and on yesterdays evidence, this could and surely will be a very good run in.

The biggest difference to my eyes was the obvious belief shown by the whole team. The confidence was oozing everywhere. Banayoun looked un-stoppable at times.

Game by game though eh?

Edited by The Vulcan

great performance, this is the way to deal with the lower teams in the PL. keane once again showed why we bought him, he is coming good and receiving some quality balls at last. I think the fact mash wasn't playing aided us going forward, fantastic player that he is he is not attack minded.

We had some decent width on both sides (i know i know, this is a criticism of kuyt) where the ball was not lost or played backwards every time it went to the right, but no doubt he will be back out there when torres is back leaving us slightly lopsided.

One massive plus for us has been the performances of Insua, lets hope the lad keeps that up and gets a regular start.

I know people have said I am a pessimist but last night is what I have been trying to get across, when we play attacking football we have the players to shine, however when we set up with 5 in midfield we are stifled.

A few good games coming up now, the bar codes tomorrow, we have stoke, the bitters so we should keep a run going, also the mancs play the chavs shortly so there will be points dropped there by at least one of them.

happy days. rafa even took his son off haha

recognize the hero who scored the winner and the others who put him in the position and gave him the chance to score the winner.

well I wouldn't say hero, but agree that the scorer should get credit.

sorry I am on another forum and some divs on there made out that the game was won purely on the winning goal and the rest of the performance doesn't matter, tell that to the other players haha. sorry i probably carried that over onto here.

yes credit for scoring the winner (hero is a bit strong) but lets not forget in the CL qualifier if is wasn't for reina we would have needed more than a late goal.

scousemouse is back !!

the only reason i've been away is because were top of the league and I dont want to jinx it :o

No danger of that youre playing newcastle tomorrow with 3/4 of our defence out and no left back or righ back replacements. still cant see you winning the league though.

torres is back in the squad today but i can't see him starting. would like to see the same back four as against bolton but with mascherano coming in for benayoun and kuyt reverting to the right in the three.

hopefully sami and agger will ensure that that little cash-hungry welsh dwarf has a quiet game.

You want to keep an eye out for Danny Guthrie he's turning into a good player, a perfect example of foreigners blocking good English talent.

think he's probably about found his level to be honest. was never good enough to make it at a really big club.

however when we set up with 5 in midfield we are stifled.

Worked well enough today :o what a performance from every position! simply a different class... For a fact the other teams have seen the benchmark now.

This could be the year boys!

YNWA

I hate Shay Givens - he single-handedly denied us the opportunity to totally eradicate the Chelsea goal advantage! :D

I hope they appreciated Rafa's generosity in not putting out the full squad! :o

Great result all around.

Newcastle 1 - Liverpool 5 (should have been 10)

The Toon Army stood in salute of a player who had given everything, who had shown pride in the shirt and whose technique, work-rate and movement demanded the very deepest respect. The object of Newcastle United fans’ heart-felt acclaim was their nemesis, Steven Gerrard, who struck twice and sent out another message that Liverpool mean serious business in the Premier League.

Daily Telegraph

Edited by The Vulcan

for example, you can praise babel for scoring against us and thank giggsy for setting him up. :D

And I did just that at the time. :D

i draw the line at voronin though. if he scores i want the fuc_ker to injure himself in his celebration.

Voronin? Does he play for Newcastle now or what?

Thoroughly enjoyed the Fulham game :D :D

Clint Dempsey, product of the MLS. They're not all bad from my country, are they? :o for the U.S.A. I have my fingers crossed that one day Freddy Adu will live up to his potential or Jozy Altidore will become a top striker and one of them will come to Liverpool. Zak Whithead didn't quite work out.

Oh, and Shay Given. I'm a fan of his. One of the only keepers you can say had a fantastic game and man of the match performance when he gave up 5 goals. Fantastic keeper. He just couldn't keep out every one of the 100 shots Liverpool had on goal.

Edited by Jimjim

great result against a very very poor barcode team, for once we attacked despite having no recognisable forward on the pitch and we kept up the momentum the whole game rather than sitting back. lucas had one of his better games for us, kuyt was his usual garbage, babel will keep the babelonians happy with a decent performance, but sorry to see keane not given a chance to continue his run, how devastating must it be to see a donkey preferred to you up front. there was a rumour that keane had an injury but sammy lee countered that on 5 live by saying keane was fully fit, and it was great to see skyrtl back.

some strange selections but it come off for us, newcastle were abysmal but we can only play what is put in front of us and despite failing to beat dross a few times this season everything clicked. great to see the chavs drop points, now lets hope the scum follow suit

great result against a very very poor barcode team, for once we attacked despite having no recognisable forward on the pitch and we kept up the momentum the whole game rather than sitting back. lucas had one of his better games for us, kuyt was his usual garbage, babel will keep the babelonians happy with a decent performance, but sorry to see keane not given a chance to continue his run, how devastating must it be to see a donkey preferred to you up front. there was a rumour that keane had an injury but sammy lee countered that on 5 live by saying keane was fully fit, and it was great to see skyrtl back.

some strange selections but it come off for us, newcastle were abysmal but we can only play what is put in front of us and despite failing to beat dross a few times this season everything clicked. great to see the chavs drop points, now lets hope the scum follow suit

Edited by maccastime

My brothers were there, theyre real fans they wouldnt applaud him, what is your definition of a real fan? Id be delighted to know.

I was at the famous 4-3 Liverpool Newcastle game and this was the match that as good as stopped Newcastle winning the league that year but enabled Liverpools so called main rivals ie. Man u to win the league.

The so called real Liverpool fans were over the moon with this, a real fan who knows anything about football and rivalry would have been gutted to have helped their main rivals winning the league.

But as Liverpool supporters are glory hunters and day trippers such as yourself they dont know this.

Maybe you can advise the judge that IF Gerrard is guilty of kicking someones head in that he played well in a football game and was applauded by a few people who should know better, im sure the judge will let him keep his sainthood.

Total pro arrested for fighting in a bar - still in custody.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...to=newsnow&

where does it say that gerrard was fighting?

Stevie h,enjoy your posts keep it up.any word on when Torres will return? also still wondering why Keane was left out last nite??

Stevie Gerrard arrested...yes as i mentioned in my earlier post..........allegedly is a big word.

OK <deleted>, he was arrested after a brawl and is being held on suspicion of assault.

I personally hope he is guilty and they bring the death penalty back just for him.

and yet real newcastle fans gave him a standing ovation off the pitch yesterday. you bell.

My brothers were there, theyre real fans they wouldnt applaud him, what is your definition of a real fan? Id be delighted to know.

I was at the famous 4-3 Liverpool Newcastle game and this was the match that as good as stopped Newcastle winning the league that year but enabled Liverpools so called main rivals ie. Man u to win the league.

The so called real Liverpool fans were over the moon with this, a real fan who knows anything about football and rivalry would have been gutted to have helped their main rivals winning the league.

But as Liverpool supporters are glory hunters and day trippers such as yourself they dont know this.

Maybe you can advise the judge that IF Gerrard is guilty of kicking someones head in that he played well in a football game and was applauded by a few people who should know better, im sure the judge will let him keep his sainthood.

Your brothers were there??? big deal?? where does it say there was a head kicked in?? maybe yours already has?? it shows in this post...have another pint..

where does it say there was a head kicked in??
The bit where it says a man is in hospital with facial injuries that arent life threatening, was the analogy too much for you to comprehend?

I see youre in Sydney Australia, right in the catchment area of the average Liverpool Fc expert.

Edited by spiderman2

where does it say there was a head kicked in??
The bit where it says a man is in hospital with facial injuries that arent life threatening, was the analogy too much for you to comprehend?

Wow, you really do assume without waiting to know the facts come out...(Never heard of Innocent until proven guilty?) All anyone knows at this time are details given to the press. Six men were detained (inc Gerrard). And 34-year-old man from Southport was taken to hospital with facial injuries, not thought to be life-threatening.