Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

i think stripping him of the captaincy may be seen as a sign that he has done something wrong, also lets not forget carra got a caution recently for a fight with an old adversary outside his sons school. I think its a storm in a teacup jim blown out of all proportion because he was there. lets see how it pans out.

I am ex merseyside police mate and people are worrying about how long he was held etc, its not a worry, maybe one of the guys was so bladdered they couldn't interview until later, also statements would have been needed, cctv etc, I also know people go through the courts every day for this type of thing and get slapped wrists. in the whole scheme of things they are quite minor charges for joe average. he may end up pleading guilty to section 47 (common assault) and the affray will be dropped in a plea bargain, a fine and community service would be in order.

However I think the outcome here will be dropped charges once the bloke is wised up by a few people, or greed might take over and he sees a pay day in compo (which to be honest won't be much for the minor injuries suffered). time will tell

I read that same account, redscouse, but another account I read said that Gerrard only somehow struck his elbow to the bloke's mouth after the bloke shoved him and swore at him. No idea where they got all the eyewitness accounts so quickly, though :o ? Anyway, if that account is true and I know that's assuming a great amount, it seems a very minor thing Gerrard did, however he realized what he did and stepped back, and then his mates went to town on the fake DJ. That's what that account says, but it'd be nice to know the truth, and the truth has to come from witnesses and obviously not the victim. If that account is true, at least for Gerrard and not his mates who were bashing beer bottles on the guy's head and probably punching him in the face or roughing him up somehow, I don't see how Gerrard will get anything harsh from this. Seems much ado about nothing. I think he's only been charged because the fight started with him and the other guy in the first place. Looks like self defense. Case closed.

Anyway, I'm quite depressed about this whole mess. Maybe I should go to bed now. I know I'm wildly speculating with not enough info, but could Carra be given the captain's armband regardless of what happens?

it's all very grey right now so let's sit tight and wait to hear further official stuff rather than speculating. supposition never helps. but FWIW i can't see a custodial sentence from this, fine and at the worst suspended sentence look most likely based on what's available now.

this is a bit more up to speed. FWIW i know people who know mcgee and their words are that he's a 'nasty piece of work'. pure subjection of course m'lud.

Liverpool FC Steven Gerrard on assault rap

Dec 30 2008 by Luke Traynor, Liverpool Echo

STEVEN Gerrard was charged with assault this morning after a nightclub brawl in Southport.

The 28-year-old Liverpool captain was held in police custody for 20 hours after the early-morning disturbance at The Lounge Inn.

Local businessman Marcus McGee lost a tooth and had stitches for cuts to his face.

Gerrard was out with friends celebrating Liverpool’s 5-1 defeat of Newcastle.

At around midnight last night police confirmed they had formally charged Gerrard with assault and affray.

John Doran, 29, of Woodlands Road, and Ian Gerard Smith, 19, of Hilary Avenue, both Huyton, also face assault and affray charges.

All three are due to appear before North Sefton magistrates in Southport on January 23.

Two men, aged 33 and 31 from Huyton, were released on police bail pending further inquiries.

Accrington Stanley FC winger Bobby Grant, 18, from Litherland, was also released on bail pending further inquiries.

Mr McKee is believed to be a regular customer at the Lounge Inn and had informal access to the music decks.

The ECHO can confirm a dispute broke out after a song request was turned down.

At some stage a bottle was smashed over the head or face of the 34-year-old victim, but not by Gerrard.

Yesterday reporters and photographers were camped outside Mr McGee’s home in Churchtown.

The businessman, who has a long-term partner and two daughters, had a bandage or plaster over part of his face.

He is said to have franchises in a number of companies including a windows and loft business.

Liverpool FC has still not commented on their captain’s arrest.

The manager of the Lounge Inn also declined to comment.

The bar remained closed yesterday but there was evidence of a fight inside, with shards of glass scattered on tables and blood on the floor.

The nightspot, run by Dario Curcillo and Mack Naidoo, is a popular haunt for celebrities.

A relation of Mr Curcillo said: “Steven is a frequent customer and is friendly with Dario, my brother-in-law.

“This is a family place and very quiet and exclusive.

“I don’t know what happened, but it’s very unfortunate and very surprising.”

Gerrard was out celebrating with friends after a brilliant performance for Liverpool against Newcastle earlier that day.

The footballer was out with friends from Huyton, where he grew up, and earlier visited the Continental restaurant at the Vincent Hotel on busy Lord Street.

The Lounge Inn is the new name of the former Pineapple Park which hit the headlines as the setting for an attempted murder by a hitman in 1991.

[email protected]

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-n...00252-22573723/

club's issued a statement.

Liverpool backs Gerrard after assault charge

LONDON (AP) -Liverpool is throwing its full support behind captain Steven Gerrard after he was charged with assault and affray in connection with a brawl at a bar.

The England international was charged early Tuesday alongside two other men after spending 24 hours in police custody following the incident in the seaside town of Southport.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Liverpool says "Steven has been an outstanding servant to Liverpool for the last 10 years and the club will give him all the support he needs at this time.''

The midfielder was released on bail to appear in court on Jan. 23, 2009.

He had been celebrating Liverpool's 5-1 victory at Newcastle that extended the club's lead atop the Premier League to three points.

pretty noncommital but does a job.

oh and i think the key line in that piece is 'At some stage a bottle was smashed over the head or face of the 34-year-old victim, but not by Gerrard.'

doesn't mean he's out of the woods like but still.

The key part is someone got a bottle smashed into their face or head.

I hope whoever started the trouble and the one who used the bottle get a hefty prison sentence whether its a first offence or not, and that isnt flaming or trying to wind you up. Scumbags who go out fighting especially with weapons are as bad as rapists and paedophiles IMO, unless of course it was self defence.

I hope whoever started the trouble and the one who used the bottle get a hefty prison sentence whether its a first offence or not, and that isnt flaming or trying to wind you up. Scumbags who go out fighting especially with weapons are as bad as rapists and paedophiles IMO, unless of course it was self defence.

since i've recently had a warning about tossing virtual insults around, i'll confine myself to saying that you really need to stop reading the daily mail.

since i've recently had a warning about tossing virtual insults around, i'll confine myself to saying that you really need to stop reading the daily mail.

Maybe i know far more then you about mindless assaults for no reason to have such strong views.

But if you think people who go out fighting or use weapons shouldnt receive prison sentences that up to you.

Im sure youd be so forgiving if you ever get stabbed or bottled, especially if they were celebrities.

Edited by spiderman2

Maybe i know far more then you about mindless assaults for no reason to have such strong views.

But if you think people who go out fighting or use weapons shouldnt receive prison sentences that up to you.

Im sure youd be so forgiving if you ever get stabbed or bottled, especially if they were celebrities.

it's possible that you do, though maybe unlikely. i just think you're a wally.

and in this instance, nobody knows any of the details so tossing about accusations about what steven gerrard might or might not have done is absolutely futile, however much you want the worst to be true.

FWIW i have been bottled. and it hurt, a lot.

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard,

After lager he thinks he's 'ard,

Beats up DJs in Southport bars,

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard.

:o

hehe. that'll get an airing against preston. from us probably. i still prefer:

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard,

can pass the ball sixty yards,

he's better than frank lampard,

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard.

The facts have yet to come out but I always had Gerrard down as a 'nice lad'.

I totally impartial view but I have no issue with him being in that venue at that time. An accountant can be a 'professional' but it does not stop him going to his venue of choice - footballers, in theory, should be no different. I would agree that a greater burden of responsibility goes with the job.

However, it doesn't matter how nice he is/was, SHOULD he be found guilty of assault then he falls into the same bracket as that detestable character, Joey Barton, and should be dealt with in a similar manner. His relative 'status' should have no bearing.

it's possible that you do, though maybe unlikely. i just think you're a wally.

I know you're a poncy liberal.

and in this instance, nobody knows any of the details so tossing about accusations about what steven gerrard might or might not have done is absolutely futile.

We know a man was bottled and there was a fight and several people have been charged so the CPS think there is enough evidence for a conviction ...... what i said about prison for unprovoked violence applies to all situations not just this one.

FWIW i have been bottled. and it hurt, a lot.

Lets hope the guy got put in prison ...... or revenge was seen to be had ......... in the unlikely event it was unprovoked.

Where's Michael Shields banged up these days out of interest ??

Is he at home yet ??

things are looking good on that score. from what i understand jack straw is talking out of his arse.

Jack Straw said it wasnt in his juristiction to release him and sent it to the courts, the courts said it was purely Straws decision and sent it back to him so theyre now awaiting a decision.

people go through the court system on a daily basis for much worse yet they don't go to prison for such minor assaults (yes this is a minor assault blown out of all proportion) yet spiderman wants gerrad sending to prison :D

you couldnt make this up, oh wait spiderman did :o remember this the next time your hero rooney smacks his wife in a club or hits out at a photographer, or your captain kicks a female steward, or evra hits a groundsman, or your greasy winger pays for prostitutes, or your superstar jumps into the crowd on tv in full view of impressionable children and kicks a fan, I wonder if you were so keen for a prison sentence then.

the fact is people do not go to prison for such offences , especially first offence, what will happen is the charges will be dropped before any trial or plea bargained down, and yes spiderman, as an ex police officer I am speaking from experience. This is typical gutter press and anyone with sense can see it for what it is, sadly father xmas didnt seem to bring any sense to your house. (if i got it worng and you don't support the mancs, feel free to tell me who you follow and I will provide list of allegations agaisnt their players)

the way you are going on you would thing something out of the ordinary had happened, every street would need a prison :D

so basically a mouthy manc gave abuse trying to be the big man and a couple of scalls from huyton gave him a few digs, the manc saw pound signs and blew gerrards involvement out of all proportion, wow he lost a tooth.

R.I.P. Tooth

people go through the court system on a daily basis for much worse yet they don't go to prison for such minor assaults (yes this is a minor assault blown out of all proportion) yet spiderman wants gerrad sending to prison :D

you couldnt make this up, oh wait spiderman did :o remember this the next time your hero rooney smacks his wife in a club or hits out at a photographer, or your captain kicks a female steward, or evra hits a groundsman, or your greasy winger pays for prostitutes, or your superstar jumps into the crowd on tv in full view of impressionable children and kicks a fan, I wonder if you were so keen for a prison sentence then.

the fact is people do not go to prison for such offences , especially first offence, what will happen is the charges will be dropped before any trial or plea bargained down, and yes spiderman, as an ex police officer I am speaking from experience. This is typical gutter press and anyone with sense can see it for what it is, sadly father xmas didnt seem to bring any sense to your house. (if i got it worng and you don't support the mancs, feel free to tell me who you follow and I will provide list of allegations agaisnt their players)

the way you are going on you would thing something out of the ordinary had happened, every street would need a prison :D

so basically a mouthy manc gave abuse trying to be the big man and a couple of scalls from huyton gave him a few digs, the manc saw pound signs and blew gerrards involvement out of all proportion, wow he lost a tooth.

R.I.P. Tooth

No more no more,the tears are nearly rolling down my mellon,very well put,i needed a good laugh,11 out of ten,This type of situation has happened on a number of occasions here in Australia,be it rugby,league,or football and even cricket,idiots tend to target well known sportsman at venues,after a few ales,and then push for the cash,hope Stevie landed one on this dick wipes scull.

Stevie h,enjoy your posts keep it up.any word on when Torres will return? also still wondering why Keane was left out last nite??

Stevie Gerrard arrested...yes as i mentioned in my earlier post..........allegedly is a big word.

sorry man, and re your point about keane apparently he'd had a light strain after the bolton match so rafa didn't want to play him unless he really had to. hence why ngog got the runout instead. team against preston should be interesting.

Thanx mate for the info on Torres and Keane,i am currently in sydney (aus) but retiring to Jomtien hopefully late 2010.I visited the uk in march 08 and went to my first Anfield game. against Reading.absolutely fantastic atmosphere.must do it again,oh and the singalong in the small pub across from the main entry was excellent. keep up the good posts.all the best for 2009.

It'd be rude not to... :o

I just found out Steven Gerrard has been arrested today.........

Typical scouser, I bet he was missing his family and wanted to spend time with them over Christmas!

The newspapers tell us "Liverpool hit 5 at Newcastle".

Steven Gerrard was quoted as saying "It could have been more".

So he hit a sixth at Southport.

Did you hear Steven Gerrard has been arrested for assault?

Thankfully, Graham Sankey has come forward to confess to the attack, whilst 20,000 Scousers have testified that they saw Gerrard asleep in his bed at the time.

I went to a football match the other day.

A bloke started shouting, "in side! in side!"

I said, "don't you mean 'off side'?"

He said, "nah, Steven Gerrard's playing"

Liverpool FC have made a bid for Newcastle's Joey Barton.

Rafa Benitez says he wants a like-for-like replacement for Steven Gerrard when he goes to jail.

Police announced yesterday that England 'star' Steven Gerrard has been arrested, following a brawl at a nightclub in Southport.

A Police spokesman said last night: "Steven Gerrard is a scouse ****"

Who is the only 22 stone man to have ridden a derby winner?

Steven Gerrard's cellmate!

It'd be rude not to... :o

Typical scouser, I bet he was missing his family and wanted to spend time with them over Christmas!

Thankfully, Graham Sankey has come forward to confess to the attack, whilst 20,000 Scousers have testified that they saw Gerrard asleep in his bed at the time.

Rafa Benitez says he wants a like-for-like replacement for Steven Gerrard when he goes to jail.

Police announced yesterday that England 'star' Steven Gerrard has been arrested, following a brawl at a nightclub in Southport.

what an absolute tosser you arehave another pint me lad,put head on pillow...dream on,now let me see...i wonder who you support??

It'd be rude not to... :P

Dear oh Dear - is that the best you can come up with? :D:D:wai::o:D:D

It'd be rude not to... :D

what an absolute tosser you arehave another pint me lad,put head on pillow...dream on,now let me see...i wonder who you support??

<deleted> me what a surprise.. :D

Scouser in severe lack of humour shock horror !!! :D

PS : Try going back to School Sweetheart & learning the English Language, unless you're 8 years old that is , which your Post implies... :o

Edited by MSingh

It'd be rude not to... :P

Dear oh Dear - is that the best you can come up with? :D:D:wai::o:D:D

Isn't it sad when people can't even muster a little laugh at their own misfortune ??

Sorry, forgot this was the Liverpool thread though , i should have remembered... :jerk:

Isn't it sad when people can't even muster a little laugh at their own misfortune ??

Sorry, forgot this was the Liverpool thread though , i should have remembered... :D

rumour has it that at the next home match the kop will be hosting a mosaic saying 'free the huyton one'.

couple of those jokes were about lester piggott to be fair. :o

Interesting comparison here. Not sure I totally agree but what do you "REDS" think.
Liverpool's Premier League title chances: 2008/09 v 1989/90 player-by-player

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-by-player.html

not a very fair like for like to be honest, alonso vs houghton is wrong and babel's not a starter. would say that if you were making a side from the two teams though:

reina

nicol hansen carragher aurelio

gerrard alonso mascherano barnes

rush torres

that wouldn't be bad.

Sorry, forgot this was the Liverpool thread though , i should have remembered... :D

rumour has it that at the next home match the kop will be hosting a mosaic saying 'free the huyton one'.

couple of those jokes were about lester piggott to be fair. :o

It never hurts to rekindle a bit of old magic... :D

Your Mob are on against Preston at the weeekned, see the Cup Thread...:D

Edited by MSingh