Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

haha, you would think after 18 years of failure Jim Jim would be used it. Poor loser.

Grow up James.

I see his point. I am all into a bit of banter, but you become boorish.

I do not have a problem with MU fans (rixalex and mr toad come to mind) if they are able to take it as well as give it, without the childish nonsense that you seem to come out with.

I made genuine allowances, as I know you are not English and may not be on the same wavelength when it comes to humour, but you are overstepping the mark, my friend.

Back on topic :o

I truly believe that United have hit a wobbly patch, and up until last night, I really believed that Liverpool would win the title. I think Utd wil struggle to get positive results from their last 6 games.

Last night Liverpool were disappointing, and it will be interesting to see how they react.

Gerard played as though he was carrying an injury, and how poor a player is Lucas???????????

The only good thing from my own personal point of view, is that having backed Barcelona earlier in the year, I think that Chelsea will make easier opponents than Liverpool :D

Mentally, it might be easier for Liverpool to now concentrate on the title, as it is their only realistic chance.

Utd will still feel they have a chance in the Champions League(misguided, though that might be) and so for the neutral I think it will make for an interesting run in, with I believe Liverpool prevailing by 1 or 2 points

Nominated for TVs most ignorant post of the year. Must be a city fan :D

haha, you would think after 18 years of failure Jim Jim would be used it. Poor loser.

Grow up James.

I do not have a problem with MU fans (rixalex and mr toad come to mind) if they are able to take it as well as give it, without the childish nonsense that you seem to come out with.

I made genuine allowances, as I know you are not English and may not be on the same wavelength when it comes to humour, but you are overstepping the mark, my friend.

Back on topic :o

I truly believe that United have hit a wobbly patch, and up until last night, I really believed that Liverpool would win the title. I think Utd wil struggle to get positive results from their last 6 games.

Last night Liverpool were disappointing, and it will be interesting to see how they react.

Gerard played as though he was carrying an injury, and how poor a player is Lucas???????????

The only good thing from my own personal point of view, is that having backed Barcelona earlier in the year, I think that Chelsea will make easier opponents than Liverpool :D

Mentally, it might be easier for Liverpool to now concentrate on the title, as it is their only realistic chance.

Utd will still feel they have a chance in the Champions League(misguided, though that might be) and so for the neutral I think it will make for an interesting run in, with I believe Liverpool prevailing by 1 or 2 points

Nominated for TVs most ignorant post of the year. Must be a city fan :D

my nomination goes to you james :D

Grow up James.

All he done was repeat the thread on the Manure board, there seems to be some bad losers on here.

If he's wound someone up his work is complete.

I am truly amazed how people on this Forum can get so easily wound up, i've got to be honest..

Ok there's a line between banter & being a Pest but big deal, it's just an Internet Forum at the end of the day & a place where many different Fans, many who wouldn't normally give each other the time of day anywhere else, get together so there's bound to be a bit of winding up going on..

I think there are many who need to grow up on here, & it isn't Jimbo in my opinion..

Grow up James.

All he done was repeat the thread on the Manure board, there seems to be some bad losers on here.

If he's wound someone up his work is complete.

I am truly amazed how people on this Forum can get so easily wound up, i've got to be honest..

Ok there's a line between banter & being a Pest but big deal, it's just an Internet Forum at the end of the day & a place where many different Fans, many who wouldn't normally give each other the time of day anywhere else, get together so there's bound to be a bit of winding up going on..

I think there are many who need to grow up on here, & it isn't Jimbo in my opinion..

In fairness to the lp fans/supporters, a couple weeks back when they thrashed us - I knew how they now feel. They surely let me know about it then, and I am only returning the kind favor :o

As usual i find myself agreeing with Mr Singh - the voice of reason.

Banter is fine as long as it's done with a bit of respect and is kept civil without getting personal.

Can someone please tell me exactly what it is that James has said that was so offensive?

In fairness to the lp fans/supporters, a couple weeks back when they thrashed us - I knew how they now feel.

Is it nice to feel like a scouser?

It has to be better than feeling a Scouser, in fact thinking about it... :o

Great result for us but a bizarre game.After Torre's goal,I expected Liverpool to keep the pressure up but they sat back instead and gave us the freedom to attack.Was that our dominance or was it an instruction from the bench? Whatever it was,none of the main men for Liverpool couldn't get going after that.Loads of misplaced passes and schoolboy errors.Dossena typified your night when he came on!

well and truly beaten oldgit, fair play to chelsea as that's the first time i've seen us comprehensively outplayed all season. hiddink set you up right with gerrard man-marked and alonso given no time and all your players played well. no complaints here.

Blackburn tomorrow, this is our chance to go 2 clear and we kick of before Utd, so we can put some pressure back on our rivals.

Even though it hurt to beaten by Chelsea in the CL the league is the one everyone involved with LFC really wants to win.

I am a little concerned for the first time in a while confidence might be low, we might still be thinking about the Chelsea defeat and thinking about the second leg also. Gerrard may miss the next two games because of his consistent groin problem or that's the rumor...

Any news on Gerrard?

Chaps, this Zonal Marking system defending Set Pieces, in my opinion it has cost you 2 Goals on Wednesday & the Cahill League equaliser just off the top of my head..

It has more negatives than posetives surely doesn't it, especially against attackers who really want to win the ball * Ivanocich & Cahill to name 2 ) & who are effectively competing for it against Defenders with a standing start ??

Defending good Corners is tough enough as it is, let alone giving the attacker the advantage because you're virtually standing still & don't partiulary have a Man to pick up, but an area..

Doesn't make sense to me personally..

If my memory serves me right too, you have conceeded from quite a few set pieces this year too..

PS : Hope you win tomorrow to keep the pressure on.. :o

Edited by MSingh

Chaps, this Zonal Marking system defending Set Pieces, in my opinion it has cost you 2 Goals on Wednesday & the Cahill League equaliser just off the top of my head..

It has more negatives than posetives surely doesn't it, especially against attackers who really want to win the ball * Ivanocich & Cahill to name 2 ) & who are effectively competing for it against Defenders with a standing start ??

Defending good Corners is tough enough as it is, let alone giving the attacker the advantage because you're virtually standing still & don't partiulary have a Man to pick up, but an area..

If my memory serves me right too, you have conceeded from quite a few set pieces this year too..

Thanks hope so too..

Not sure I agree about the zonal marking though, this subject only ever pops up when we concede from a corner and I cant think of many times we concede to be honest. Cahil is a pain form corners anyway... even if you put 3 guys on him :D and I understand Ivan just scored from a corner at the previous international game.

In either systems you are going to concede at corners if not defended properly and I never hear a commentator ever say 'oh that's because they don't use zonal marking' why they conceded.

There must a be a goal every weekend from a corner in the EPL from bad defending or great attacking Zonal or non zonal...The goals against Chelsea were just down to sloppy defending end of, no excuses. Alonso didn't fight for one goal and think it was lucas for the other. I am sure Ivan Will score lots more for Chelsea also and not just because of opposition using zonal marking or not...

I believe you should stick to a system that all players understand and use week in week out and master it... Were challenging for the Title so it cant be that bad.

Thanks hope so too..

Not sure I agree about the zonal marking though, this subject only ever pops up when we concede from a corner and I cant think of many times we concede to be honest. Cahil is a pain form corners anyway... even if you put 3 guys on him :D and I understand Ivan just scored from a corner at the previous international game.

In either systems you are going to concede at corners if not defended properly and I never hear a commentator ever say 'oh that's because they don't use zonal marking' why they conceded.

There must a be a goal every weekend from a corner in the EPL from bad defending or great attacking Zonal or non zonal...The goals against Chelsea were just down to sloppy defending end of, no excuses. Alonso didn't fight for one goal and think it was lucas for the other. I am sure Ivan Will score lots more for Chelsea also and not just because of opposition using zonal marking or not...

I believe you should stick to a system that all players understand and use week in week out and master it... Were challenging for the Title so it cant be that bad.

True Devil but i just think, a standing start is asking for trouble against some of these Players who are attacking Set Pieces in the Prem, from a Physical point of view if nothing else..

But as you say, you're second, will be top tomorrow for a while so it can't be that bad & there all sorts of Goals conceeded at Set pieces for different reasons, every week..

I do just wonder though that you might be clear at the top if................

Not sure I agree about the zonal marking though, this subject only ever pops up when we concede from a corner and I cant think of many times we concede to be honest. Cahil is a pain form corners anyway... even if you put 3 guys on him :o and I understand Ivan just scored from a corner at the previous international game.

You make valid points about zonal marking.

I think the reason why people instantly jump all over the tactic when it goes wrong is because it looks so bad - like the defenders are just standing there like spare parts, watching as the attacker seemingly easily wins the ball.

I take it you foresee no change for your next game in regard to this matter?

Not sure I agree about the zonal marking though, this subject only ever pops up when we concede from a corner and I cant think of many times we concede to be honest. Cahil is a pain form corners anyway... even if you put 3 guys on him :o and I understand Ivan just scored from a corner at the previous international game.

I think the reason why people instantly jump all over the tactic when it goes wrong is because it looks so bad - like the defenders are just standing there like spare parts, watching as the attacker seemingly easily wins the ball.

But the thing is though Rix & the fact of the matter is, they do just generally stand there like spare parts & as i said previously, against Players in the Physical condition as they are in the Premiership, for those Players to go up against others with a standing start, physically it's a mismatch & ok i take Devil's points about how they're now second in teh League etc so it can't be that bad but you can't shy away from the fact that possibly that tactic has cost Liverpool Goals this Year which i believe could have been prevented by going Man for Man IE Cahill & IE Ivanovic, just off the top of my head..

However i do agree with Devil about playing to a system & getting the Players to understand it & master it as continuity breeds success but i'm personally not in favour of it & when i'm a Premier League Manager, i definately won't use it, like Rafa does.. :D

But the thing is though Rix & the fact of the matter is, they do just generally stand there like spare parts & as i said previously, against Players in the Physical condition as they are in the Premiership, for those Players to go up against others with a standing start, physically it's a mismatch & ok i take Devil's points about how they're now second in teh League etc so it can't be that bad but you can't shy away from the fact that possibly that tactic has cost Liverpool Goals this Year which i believe could have been prevented by going Man for Man IE Cahill & IE Ivanovic, just off the top of my head..

However i do agree with Devil about playing to a system & getting the Players to understand it & master it as continuity breeds success but i'm personally not in favour of it & when i'm a Premier League Manager, i definately won't use it, like Rafa does.. :D

No bit late in the season and it hasn't been proven its not effective over the season... Again I don't think it was the Zonal it was just bad defending which yes will hopefully change for the better tomorrow.

I hear what you are both saying though don't get me wrong... Its a interesting point as not to many non-continental clubs use zonal marking as you know. I definitely don't see Raffa and his coaching staff changing from the Zonal marking for sometime as they and I think the players believe in it now. We have been doing very well with it. They will definitely will have scolded the players for not marking properly or zonal marking correctly should I say :D .

Having watched the goals conceded again. Alonso tracked Ivan but just couldn't compete with him.So it wasn't an issue of being stood still for the nearest defender...In fact Zonal should involve movement going to the player or ball if it enters your zonal area you are assigned to defend.

...In fact Zonal should involve movement going to the player or ball if it enters your zonal area you are assigned to defend.

Exactly which in my opinion, makes it SO hard for the Defender as who's to say that the Attacker won't " enter your area " from behind you or with a full on run from the edge of the box which will leave you bang in trouble as you have a virtually standing start against him ??

It's a tough one all round, has it's plus points i suppose but also certainly has it's minuses too..

Torres with two fantastic goals!He really is awesome...

4-0 very good reply to the mid week defeat and we go top again. I keep mentioning goal difference and this may be the key at the end? we never had to get out of second gear due to Blackburn's attitude but still we had to do the job and 4 goals is impressive could of been more.

Love the chant from the Kop " were gonna win the league"

RIP the Hillsborough 96

Well time is nearly here, do you think you can pull it off boys? I'm actually getting quite nervous already, if we concede an early goal or two I'm actually gona have a heart attack!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!! :o

Edited by Seapok

I've got a funny feeling about tonight for some reason.....

I don't think this one's over, by any stretch of the imagination...

i haven't. gerrard highly unlikely to play according to my mate. if he isn't fit enough to start he won't be on the bench. this is 100-1 stuff this, we're not beating these tonight let alone by the requisite goals.

not playing, confirmed. not even in the squad.

Edited by StevieH

Great effort, short of amazing to be honest to get 4 goals at the Bride. Very Proud of what we did tonight.

If it wasn't for that crazy goal that fumbled of Reina it might of been a different result. Fair play to Chelsea their through and matched us on every front just :o .

I still think we will the League and can concentrate on this 100%... so come on LFC.

YNWA

Edited by Devil

Good game to watch. I'm sad we lost out but pleased about "Seapoks" heart attack :o

Good entertainment, good ref, good banter and plenty of goals. And no whingeing managers afterwards!

Nice to see the goals spread amongst the squad. (remember Seapoks statement about us being also-rans without Gerrard and Torres eh?).

On with the League now. If we can replicate that performance for the remaining games it's a real possibility

REST IN PEACE THE 96 - NEVER FORGOTTEN AND NEVER WILL BE.

I've got a funny feeling about tonight for some reason.....

I don't think this one's over, by any stretch of the imagination...

i haven't. gerrard highly unlikely to play according to my mate. if he isn't fit enough to start he won't be on the bench. this is 100-1 stuff this, we're not beating these tonight let alone by the requisite goals.

not playing, confirmed. not even in the squad.

Well that 100 - 1 nearly came in, on a couple of occasions..

A great effort in my opinion, especially without Gerrard..

Worst thing that could have happened to Liverpool was the Refd giving the Penalty as after that, he didn't give ONE decision for you, quite unbelieveable..

Great effort, short of amazing to be honest to get 4 goals at the Bride. Very Proud of what we did tonight.

If it wasn't for that crazy goal that fumbled of Reina it might of been a different result. Fair play to Chelsea their through and matched us on every front just :D .

I still think we will the League and can concentrate on this 100%... so come on LFC.

YNWA

Slightly hard on your keeper,Dev, as Drogba got the faintest of touches which diverted the ball.Without that,Reina had it covered.I can imagine what was going through Hiddink's mind after the first half...."I told them to stay focused,I told them to tackle in midfield,I told them to work hard," none of which they did because,in their mind,the tie was already won.You have to sympathise with managers sometimes. :o