Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

We can also forget about the "he loves the club" crap as was quoted by one of you about Torres days before he put in a transfer request on the last day of the window.  These are the modern day breed of footballers and 95% of them could give a flying <deleted> about anything other than getting paid millions and banging birds

Not forgetting too all the comments made on here not that long ago about Suarez having a special relationship with LFC and a genuine sense of loyalty to the club. "He's different" they told us.

-_-

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well Alfie. Who was AVB with when they were exchanging messages? 55555. A certain London Club near the Kings Road maybe? Who he was still cheering on after AVB departed (and before he joined the spuds!) "Parabens Chelsea!!!". I'm sure you can look up the meaning.

Quite true so where did you get the impression he had a preference to go to Liverpool.

AVB and London probably swung it and for the record i'm far from convinced about this signing.

From Tony Barrett (Times journo but a respected one!). He played with Lucas thru all the Brazil youth teams. I agree he knows AVB but the fact was that Anzhi offered LFC the chance to match Spurs offer and they refused.

If thats what you want to believe and you are satisfied with this conclusion then fine.

I just find it strange why seemingly so many Liverpool fans feel the need to believe that their players love the club, feel a special relationship with the club, love Liverpool and merseyside etc etc. Its cobblers for the most part and sure ever club has "the odd" player that feels a genuine love and bond with the club he plays for and the city but the vast majority view it no more than a highly paid job.

In my opinion its shields a deep rooted vulnerability concerning the clubs decline.

• Like 2

To be fair, I think he is just what you need, but LFC less so, and not for the money quoted. Where you are concerned cash is not really an issue this year tho'.

In an earlier post you say

"A front 4 of Suarez, Coutinho, Aspas/Ibe/Sterling, Sturridge will do for me"

on a Spurs thread you talk about Spurs having

Sigurdsson

Holtby

Lennon

Chadli

Sandro

Paulinho

Dembele

Capoue

Lamela?

Jeez!!! That's some midfield selection problem for you guys!

Bale is actually still at the cub so include him instead of Lamela.

So how do Liverpool need him less so ?

I love Wilai's unique view on football. Our midfield really needs him more than yours!!! biggrin.png

btw, Did you know mate its for the love shown from fans like yourself that persuaded Suarez to stay rolleyes.gif

And the Mignolet song should begin i think. deserved victory chaps and you have the makings of a very special player of the making in Coutinho.

Boy you guys are fun. Expected better from you tho' Carmine. Anyway....as you quoted yourself, we have the playmaker. You only had to compare the Stoke and Palace games at the weekend to see that you need someone (like Willian) to provide chances for Soldado. Both games were 1:0 but in terms of chances created!!!!!!

Just to make it clear, we don't need a Willian as we already have Coutinho (with Romero as back up). I am happy to give Sterling and Ibe (who I think may prove the better of the two!) time on one wing with Suarez on the other side. Then we still have Aspas and Henderson as cover...(by the way, don't rule out Teixeira who is special)

Willian wasn't actually a target for LFC. He was an opportunity that arose as a result of Anzhi's firesale. LFC went for him but wouldn't pay the price that a baleless Spurs could or would pay. I have no problem with that and like I said, if it means more chances for youngsters then good. If that's a "unique" view then I'm fine with that. Shame CTH's re-runs are so poor, otherwise you could watch the matches again and decide who has the greater need for a creative midfielder.

If you were intellectually capable of reading more than one sentence in a paragraph, you would have a chance of understanding what was written. Go back to you own thread now thicko. I've had enough fun with you for one day. 55555

And the Mignolet song should begin i think. deserved victory chaps and you have the makings of a very special player of the making in Coutinho.

Boy you guys are fun. Expected better from you tho' Carmine. Anyway....as you quoted yourself, we have the playmaker. You only had to compare the Stoke and Palace games at the weekend to see that you need someone (like Willian) to provide chances for Soldado. Both games were 1:0 but in terms of chances created!!!!!!

Just to make it clear, we don't need a Willian as we already have Coutinho (with Romero as back up). I am happy to give Sterling and Ibe (who I think may prove the better of the two!) time on one wing with Suarez on the other side. Then we still have Aspas and Henderson as cover...(by the way, don't rule out Teixeira who is special)

Willian wasn't actually a target for LFC. He was an opportunity that arose as a result of Anzhi's firesale. LFC went for him but wouldn't pay the price that a baleless Spurs could or would pay. I have no problem with that and like I said, if it means more chances for youngsters then good. If that's a "unique" view then I'm fine with that. Shame CTH's re-runs are so poor, otherwise you could watch the matches again and decide who has the greater need for a creative midfielder.

So why did you bid for him then facepalm.giflaugh.png

Just to clarify my point

:From Bangkok, Posted 2013-06-27 16:49:02

Gerard is on the other side now, and that is why we are on the verge of paying 25 MLN for an attacking central midfielder. If we don't land him, it is obvious our intention is to fill this position.

So Ted Rogers is obviously not happy with

A front 4 of Suarez, Coutinho, Aspas/Ibe/Sterling, Sturridge

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

"So why did you bid for him then"

I didn't! In future, I'll write "in my opinion" each time to avoid confusion. Remember, I am the unique one (who has kicked your <deleted> at FPL for last few years). Surely you don't expect LFC management to agree with my opinions. Rodgers and co obviously want to spend on a marquee signing but will not get dragged into auctions. Good for them but personally, I am quite happy with what we already have at the moment.

Willian wasn't actually a target for LFC.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif So when they were trying to buy him what was he ?

Just making sure you paid full whack tongue.png

Bravo Bob, good come back. Now answer the question please.

OK i will. Brendon obviously thinks you did need him but didn't go in hard enough to secure the deal (even though Willian's choice was and has always been Liverpool)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif So when they were trying to buy him what was he ?

OK i will. Brendon obviously thinks you did need him but didn't go in hard enough to secure the deal (even though Willian's choice was and has always been Liverpool)

there's supposedly some truth in him and lucas being good mates and that we refused to pay an additional 5m to his agent or something. any which way, he's a spurs player now so i don't see much of that being relevant.

and not to worry 'cos all is well with the world. today we've signed an 18-year old racist wonderkid from derby. rolleyes.gif

Nah alfie just keeps the fans thinking that they're serious about competing for a champions league spot and i know Liverpools a little behind the times ,top.end players have agent and have fees attached if Liverpool.want 2 seriously compete at that end of the market best adjust or at least stay stum because looking like your trying and failing ,, well need i go on. another fine exercise your upper management have led you into

"So why did you bid for him then"

I didn't! In future, I'll write "in my opinion" each time to avoid confusion. Remember, I am the unique one (who has kicked your <deleted> at FPL for last few years). Surely you don't expect LFC management to agree with my opinions. Rodgers and co obviously want to spend on a marquee signing but will not get dragged into auctions. Good for them but personally, I am quite happy with what we already have at the moment.

Then your easily pleased laugh.png

there's supposedly some truth in him and lucas being good mates and that we refused to pay an additional 5m to his agent or something. any which way, he's a spurs player now so i don't see much of that being relevant.

and not to worry 'cos all is well with the world. today we've signed an 18-year old racist wonderkid from derby. rolleyes.gif

marvellous !! , whose that then stevie ?

marvellous !! , whose that then stevie ?

will hughes. looks a fantastic young prospect. unfortunately he's been exposed as following the EDL and tommy robinson on twitter. not the sort of thing that goes down well with the folks.

ah correct me if I'm wrong Carmine, but I do believe the question was directed to wilai's above statement

I can understand you spud lads getting all giddy and havin' a sex wee in your pants about spending a hundred million on players, but the way a few of you are being all cock sure and taking the piss out of other less fortunate reminds me of rich <deleted> who were once poor <deleted>....like school in summer, no class! City fans were much more dignified.

and we are only one game in to a season where you struggled to beat a promoted side.

• Like 1

If you were intellectually capable of reading more than one sentence in a paragraph, you would have a chance of understanding what was written. Go back to you own thread now thicko. I've had enough fun with you for one day. 55555

You gotta admit he looks like he could shin a drainpipe easily.

• Like 1

yeah ggood interesting article , but up just short of George best and gazza ? don't think so, tbh Im not even sure if he'd be up there with the likes of greaves or dalgleish, but that's footie .

Different players, Greaves and Dalgleish. Top drawer in the positions they played i totally agree but not comparable

yeah ggood interesting article , but up just short of George best and gazza ? don't think so, tbh Im not even sure if he'd be up there with the likes of greaves or dalgleish, but that's footie .

It's the fact that he reinvented himself so easily that I love most. Made the simple passing role look a doddle. Such a gifted, intelligent footballer and definitely ahead of his time. I think he was better than gazza. And I never saw enough of best to comment really. Edited by StevieH
  • Like 1

Mini Derby day....under 16s won 2:1 (Herbie Kane both goals. He is gonna be a star so remember the name) Under 18s (second string side as well) won 1:0. Crump saved last minute penalty. Becoming a nice habit that!

It's the fact that he reinvented himself so easily that I love most. Made the simple passing role look a doddle. Such a gifted, intelligent footballer and definitely ahead of his time. I think he was better than gazza. And I never saw enough of best to comment really.

Stevie, basic undersatnding of the overall pecking order of post war footballing greats irrelevant of mine or your opinion ,loads of Brazilians reckon it should be romario but thats another debate, 1/ george best 2/ pele 3/ marradona those could be swopped around but thats it swopped , everyone else falls short, the list doesn't just require great footballs skills it requires a touch of genius, and gazza had it zidane platini ronaldo, ronaldinho micheal laudrup, greaves dalgliesh the list goes on they were footballing greats and at their times were probably the best in the world, but didnt have that bit extra but gazza did and amongst the most respected for example ferguson, reckoned if he hadnt been so cruelly injured losing 30 ish % of the ability to move his knee, could well have have entered that top 3,. barnes as good as he was and dont get me wrong he was v good NEVER could be spoken or classed anywhere near it. tbh he would struggle to get on the same page as most of the others that I mentioned. Oh and yes i've seen them all baring kempes and pele. Anyway rant over