Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Would like to see a squad list for who went to Switzerland. I'd like to see Spearing and the like play in Bangkok as well as seeing the stars. I think Agger will really push Skrtel for a place this next season. Agger helps out in attack as well as being a good defender. You see against Wigan at Anfield last season he made a bad mistake that basically gave away a goal. But then he made up for it by creating a goal with a magnificent run all the way to the other box. Skrtel and Carra don't really have that quality and rarely get involved that way.

Torres is now a daddy. Check out the remarkably light-hearted and civilized presentation of his baby to the Spanish paparazzi.

From the images I can see Spearing and a few other youngsters I know of such as Nemeth and Martin are there. And most of the 1st team Insua, Johnson,Kuyt, Lucas, Babel, Voronin, Carra, Skytel,El Zha, Cara, Gerrad, Yossi.

Players missing Mascherano, Alonso, Dossena, Arbeloa, Torres, Reina, Aurelio, Riera & Agger.

Spanish International players who had Confed Cup action but will join at the weekend. Masch wife is expecting baby any day. No idea where Agger or Dossena are.

post-48660-1247567525_thumb.jpg

post-48660-1247567553_thumb.jpg

post-48660-1247567574_thumb.jpg

voronin does my head in.

think you'll definitely see the likes of spearing, darby etc in bangkok jim. the ones you really want to keep an eye on though are nemeth and pacheco.

i'd have agger as the first defender on the team sheet every match FWIW.

owen played 30 games last season not bad seeing newcastle was out of the cups early so no crock,think he scored 10 goals in a very average team give him service at united he will score at least 20 goals.

Saying Newcastle were very average is an exaggeration, Owen scored all them goals before New year after this he was absolutely dreadful, he didnt try and missed many a chance even his mate Shearer dropped him for Andy Carrol.

Still i think he's worth a punt for a season he might put in a bit of effort at ManU the horrid little fcuker.

Not looking good for Alonso:

From somebody who went to his wedding:

Right guys.

What an amazing day, for a staunch Red, season ticket holder, to be in the church as a Red gets married, be driven to an exclusive golf club where you have an excellent 4 course meal, a free bar (Vintage champers galore) well it was the most surreal experience of my life, after Istanbul of course.

Having my name card on the table, speaking to Luis Garcia, Paco, Mikel Arteta (who only went to the wedding itself), meeting Xabi and Nagore, having them thank me for coming, and Xabi knowing my name, where i live, where my seat is in the ground, even what kind of work i do, then insist on giving me a cigar even after saying 3 times i dont smoke, putting his hands on both my shoulders and saying "Gareth, please take, just keep it as a memento" an amazing day in an amazing part of Spain.

The tough part was listening to many of his friends (some Sociedad players) singing Rafa's name, which i took as them taking the piss, and singing songs about going to live in Madrid. I managed to get a sly word or 2 in about looking forward to next season, he didn't exactly say i wont be there, but his face told me all i needed to know.

Another positive was meeting Luis Garcia. fuc_king awesome man, he was loving how a fan got to go to a players wedding, saying Reds fans can blag there way into anything . Was talking about how he loves our fans so much, loves the city, woolton, sefton park, and how he was just out of contract with Atleti and was in talks with 3 teams in England, managed to get who out of him as well. He would walk back to Anfield he said but knew there would be no chance Rafa would want him. He also told me it looked and sounded like Xabi would end up in Madrid.

All still a bit strange, only had 2 hrs kip and only just got back so sorry if this doesn't read very well.

You will be missed Xavi.

His name is "Xabi" and if this is true, how the hel_l did this guy get in the the wedding?

I think Skrtel was first choice most of last season as Agger was coming back from basically a whole year injured. Now that Agger has had a full year under his belt looking like his foot is fine, I think they will battle it out and I think Agger should win, though both should get plenty of games. If Carra continues his amazing form he will play the most but who knows, perhaps we'll see more of a Skrtel-Agger pairing sometimes.

As for those pictures, yeah I finally checked on Facebook as I had no idea where you saw those. I did notice Spearing and others like Nemeth. Will be interesting to see if Nemeth can get some first team games this season. I think he may have been thwarted in that respect as he was injured most of last season. I feel Spearing can break in to the first team as well as Pacheco. Insua was given his chance last season and look what happened to him.

Ya, where's Agger? I know the reasons the others aren't there yet, didn't know about Masch's baby, but Dossena also had Confed Cup action though courtesy of Egypt and the U.S.A. didn't play as many games. He's probably been given a rest as well. He may still go, I think. Now that they're back in training it'd be fantastic to see another big signing soon, as the clock is ticking now for new players to bond with the team. I guess if Alonso's really gone then perhaps a big signing will happen after that...

Edited by Jimjim

I think he's gen Jimjim and has even posted pictures on RAWK, no point in doubting him really. He was there as a guest of the bride.....apparently.

Agree about Agger and Skerts, maybe all 3 would play together if Rafa plays 5 across the back (2 attacking wing backs) in some games. Can not wait for the season now.

City could do some damage this year too.

Think most of us are resigned to the fact that Alonso is going and of to Madrid in the next weeks or days even. I pray he stays for another season but...

Having thought about it over the past days. If we do get say 30+M for him (cash ) and we still have possibly some funds in the kitty also. And maybe a few more players still to go out such as Arbeloa, Dossena, Babel, Voronin etc (just guessing)

Can this be a blessing in disguise in a way? I mean it gives Raffa options to go out and buy possibly quality targets such as David Silva who I think we will never get without funds from Alonso's sale.

We might end up with a smaller squad in balance but we will have a better quality squad and more games possibly for are younger players such Spearing, Nemeth, Ngog.

Question - So who will fill the gap for Alonso in midfield then?

Do squad players step up such as Lucas who showed promise towards the end of last season. Or buy experienced players such as Cambiasso from Inter as example. Personally I like the idea of the young Athletic Bilbao's midfielder Javi Martinez who looks a quality midfielder from what little I have seen. He can spread the play Alonso style but with the added bonus of making direct runs with the ball into the box.

And then there is that option of Gerrard moving back to midfield (last resort I guess) but leaves funds for another attacker to partner Torres. Gerrard will still get goals from midfield and do a equal job that Alonso was doing if not better.

Would be Interested to hear all your thought based on the idea that Alonso does actually go.

Think most of us are resigned to the fact that Alonso is going and of to Madrid in the next weeks or days even. I pray he stays for another season but...

Having thought about it over the past days. If we do get say 30+M for him (cash ) and we still have possibly some funds in the kitty also. And maybe a few more players still to go out such as Arbeloa, Dossena, Babel, Voronin etc (just guessing)

Can this be a blessing in disguise in a way? I mean it gives Raffa options to go out and buy possibly quality targets such as David Silva who I think we will never get without funds from Alonso's sale.

We might end up with a smaller squad in balance but we will have a better quality squad and more games possibly for are younger players such Spearing, Nemeth, Ngog.

Question - So who will fill the gap for Alonso in midfield then?

Do squad players step up such as Lucas who showed promise towards the end of last season. Or buy experienced players such as Cambiasso from Inter as example. Personally I like the idea of the young Athletic Bilbao's midfielder Javi Martinez who looks a quality midfielder from what little I have seen. He can spread the play Alonso style but with the added bonus of making direct runs with the ball into the box.

And then there is that option of Gerrard moving back to midfield (last resort I guess) but leaves funds for another attacker to partner Torres. Gerrard will still get goals from midfield and do a equal job that Alonso was doing if not better.

Would be Interested to hear all your thought based on the idea that Alonso does actually go.

Doubt Babel will go to be honest....I would like him to be given a chance behind Torres as 2nd striker.

Regarding Alonso, I agree the writing seems to be on the wall for him be sold to Madrid. If Rafa's has not got a replacement in mind to buy (maybe the sale of Alonso will go towards the debt on the club?). I would like to see Lucas be given a chance to shine, I am sure Rafa has something up his sleeve.

If we were to buy then I would first of all like to see a forward come in as I doubt (know) Voronin can not fill the forward role on his own.

If Rafa opts for an Alonso replacement then I would welcome Martinez or Cambiasso....In an ideal world hmm hmm (then Rafa should get) Fabregas or Lampard....now then I would be dreaming.

There's been on indication that a sale of Alonso would be used to pay off debt. None whatsoever. The club itself has no debt, just the owners, so I don't see how they'd take that money and put it to their holding company anyway. It's been estimated before that Rafa has 20-30 million cash this summer for transfers. 17 million for Johnson yet 7 million of that is a write off for Crouch, so 10 million left to spend (conservative estimate). Leto left for 3.5 million, so that's at least 13 million to spend. Mavinga was undisclosed, but probably not much more than 1 million. Let's say we have 12 million. Alonso goes for let's say, 27 million. That's 39 million TO SPEND.

Silva comes in for 25 million, another midfielder comes in as replacement for Alonso and to create more competition in the midfield for 5-10 million, and we get a cheap (2-4 million) center back so we can have defensive cover beyond the reserves (Agger's back injury has flared up again which just highlights how thin we are at the back without Hyypia). Transfers done and dusted then. That would be a possibility.

If Alonso goes we absolutely need another midfielder to come in and we also need another striker, in my opinion. Yes, we have reserves and Voronin but that doesn't inspire confidence in me. Silva can play as a striker or in midfield so he could work for both those needs but I still think he's more offensive and we need a more central midfield type of player if Alonso goes.

Who knows, Alonso may stay, we sell Voronin and Dossena and then end up getting Silva and that may be it.

First friendly over now, Spearing looked good for me. He can challenge for a place this season I think, but won't be given 40+ games this season as he has to be brought along so that's why I think we need another midfielder if Alonso goes. If Lucas steps up to first choice with Masch a new midfielder just means it'll keep them on their toes.

All recent indications have been that it will be refinanced. Saw a story a couple of weeks ago from an RBS spokesperson.

I think the announcement is on Friday 24 July, most likely will be renewed by RBS with another hefty fee and higher repayment terms.

All recent indications have been that it will be refinanced. Saw a story a couple of weeks ago from an RBS spokesperson.

I think the announcement is on Friday 24 July, most likely will be renewed by RBS with another hefty fee and higher repayment terms.

:) praying for a buyout.....debt is no good.

Anyone a member of koptalk? They have headlines of stories that DIC are back in for Liverpool FC but then I can't read the story as I don't see the point of paying for their forum and stories as I do just fine without it now.

MASCH ON BENCH IN VIENNA

Jimmy Rice in Vienna 19 July 2009 LFC TV

Javier Mascherano is set to return to action for Liverpool after being named on the bench for this evening's clash with Rapid Vienna

The Reds XI in full is: Cavalieri, Degen, Insua, Carragher, Ayala, Gerrard, Plessis, Babel, El Zhar, Nemeth, Voronin. Subs: Martin, Gulacsi, Kelly, San Jose, Pacheco, Benayoun, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Ngog, Spearing, Skrtel.

MASCH ON BENCH IN VIENNA

Jimmy Rice in Vienna 19 July 2009 LFC TV

Javier Mascherano is set to return to action for Liverpool after being named on the bench for this evening's clash with Rapid Vienna

The Reds XI in full is: Cavalieri, Degen, Insua, Carragher, Ayala, Gerrard, Plessis, Babel, El Zhar, Nemeth, Voronin. Subs: Martin, Gulacsi, Kelly, San Jose, Pacheco, Benayoun, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Ngog, Spearing, Skrtel.

Not sure why Johnson is not in the list? and I read on some various forums the Spanish lads will be in the next games - Asian tour.

I also heard the Spanish lads are back today, should be interesting as Rafa and Xabi are supposed to be in talks, one way or another we will know if he's staying or going.

Not heard anything about DIC.....I reckon that boats long gone.

Alonso still with Liverpool, coming to Bangkok apparently. They should be about landing by now by my reckoning, or already landed. Spanish press say he's going to Madrid almost for sure, though, after the Asian tour.

Report after report after report about Alonso calls him "the 30-year-old" but if you check here it gives his birthdate as 25/11/1981. Where are they getting their info on his age and why do the press not check their sources? Ridiculous...I guess some stories often call him "Xavi" but it's a bit annoying.

Edited by Jimjim

Just maybe he will stay....im hoping. as the interview he gave yesterday states, he is flattrered by the link to Madrid,,but is not pushing the move. He understand his status at Anfield and if he was to stay I think he will continue to give 110%. If we can keep him and with a couple of additions....we can be very optimistic this season.

More talks about Mascherano wanting to leave now.

The agents these days like to stir up the sh!t.Either that or sky sports.

that one was interesting, no source named. (usually this time of day it's New of the World or some other reputable publication)

Anyone a member of koptalk? They have headlines of stories that DIC are back in for Liverpool FC but then I can't read the story as I don't see the point of paying for their forum and stories as I do just fine without it now.

that website is a nonsense jim and its owner was a long time ago exposed as a fraud who was ripping liverpool fans off.

More talks about Mascherano wanting to leave now.

The agents these days like to stir up the sh!t.Either that or sky sports.

mascherano's been all about a pay rise this summer, and i can hardly blame him. if i earned half what that <deleted> voronin did i'd get pissy about it too.

that website is a nonsense jim and its owner was a long time ago exposed as a fraud who was ripping liverpool fans off.

mascherano's been all about a pay rise this summer, and i can hardly blame him. if i earned half what that <deleted> voronin did i'd get pissy about it too.

Ah, I thought that site seemed fishy.

Masch should get a new contract, pure and simple. I expect he would sign one when they get back to Liverpool.

Steven Gerrard was today found guilty of causing affray. the judge has sentenced him to 180 hours of community service. He said he will spend it teaching people to play football.

He starts Monday morning at Goodison Park.

:)

quite funny red, would have thought they would have made him clean the streets or empty the garbage bins after each home match.