Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

ah stevie be fair to big sam a, he's moving with the times, he's gone from using a stagnant lump up front , to an athletic one thumbsup.gif !!! seemingly,at the cost of constant injury though, maybe carrolls gonna turn into another scales or woodgate!!!!!!crazy.gif

• Like 1

Iago Aspas now official, this lad looks like he could be a good bit of business at 7.7 MLN

What do you base that on ?

Watching him play football....

So how many minutes have you seen of him ? i suppose you've been watching him all season as Celta de Vigo are one of then teams we all like to watch laugh.png

Iago Aspas now official, this lad looks like he could be a good bit of business at 7.7 MLN

What do you base that on ?

Watching him play football....

So how many minutes have you seen of him ? i suppose you've been watching him all season as Celta de Vigo are one of then teams we all like to watch laugh.png

There could multiple plausible reasons why I might watch him or Celta Vigo regularly Miss Marple.

We will just have to wait and see if i'm right....

• Like 1

7.7m for aspas seems a lot of money for a relative unknown to be honest. same goes for 6m on a sevilla reserve kid. make or break season for brendan this so i hope he knows what he's doing. also hope our scouts are earning their money in the same way they did with coutinho.

7.7m for aspas seems a lot of money for a relative unknown to be honest. same goes for 6m on a sevilla reserve kid. make or break season for brendan this so i hope he knows what he's doing. also hope our scouts are earning their money in the same way they did with coutinho.

Make it or break it season? He's only been here a year. It's stupid posts like these which show how far football supporters have fallen. Everyone wants quick success and isn't prepared to wait. You mind telling us when it's make it or break it week for you so we don't have to hear your drivel any more?

@OptaJoe: 7 - Iago Aspas assisted as many La Liga goals from open play as Xavi (7) in 2012-13, while only seven players provided more. Spark. #LFC

• Like 1

Make it or break it season? He's only been here a year. It's stupid posts like these which show how far football supporters have fallen. Everyone wants quick success and isn't prepared to wait. You mind telling us when it's make it or break it week for you so we don't have to hear your drivel any more?

@OptaJoe: 7 - Iago Aspas assisted as many La Liga goals from open play as Xavi (7) in 2012-13, while only seven players provided more. Spark. #LFC

I think he's like to see some improvement. fans have every right to see improvement under a manager when he's been in charge for two seasons which he will have been by next may. No ones demanding instant success. You've have simply jumped to your own conclusions.

As a neutral i'd say the jury's out too for what its worth. There was little marked improvement by the end of last season. Now he will be starting a new season, which a season under his belt, some highly rated and costly new players. Why on earth shouldn't he be under close scrutiny?

don't see what's stupid about expecting to see year on year improvement from a manager who talks a good game but who hasn't particularly delivered yet.

and "drivel"? really?

• Like 1

I like the general philosophy of Rodgers because i like a passing game, ball retention, short quick pass movement. However, one aspect he has to work on is not over complicating. As said before possession can be very overated pending on what you do with it.

His defense was also found wanting at times and rather disorganized.

nothing wrong with wanting an improvement for example in those aspects of Liverpool's game. Thats his job and he's paid a fortune to do it. He also has some real talent in his squad and i think Liverpool fans have every right to expect an improvement next season and see their club begin to make in roads on the top five

don't see what's stupid about expecting to see year on year improvement from a manager who talks a good game but who hasn't particularly delivered yet.

and "drivel"? really?

Make or Break season????

I think whoever is in charge at Liverpool, its going to take more than next season to be competing at top 4 level.

I dont particularly like Rodgers, but he is putting together a younger squad. But surely he needs to be given more than next season. Maybe the season after next will be his 'make it or break it' season, as he is on a 3 year contract.

I agree with wilai. Everybody is jumping on the bandwagon nowadays, expecting instant success. Rodgers has been with your lot just 1 year!!

• Like 1

'I'd like to see us maybe push for 5th or even 4th next season' - that's expecting an improvement.

Saying its a make it or break it season implies if it goes bad he should leave ie break it. He may as well pack it in now if fans are going to scrutinise him so much given the period of transition we find ourselves in.

We are a mid table team at best and the sooner people accept that and stop expecting CL qualification each year the better.

'I'd like to see us maybe push for 5th or even 4th next season' - that's expecting an improvement.

Saying its a make it or break it season implies if it goes bad he should leave ie break it. He may as well pack it in now if fans are going to scrutinise him so much given the period of transition we find ourselves in.

We are a mid table team at best and the sooner people accept that and stop expecting CL qualification each year the better.

I'm not saying a word biggrin.png

• Like 2

4th spot is gonna be mighty crowded this year tongue.png

4th spot is gonna be mighty crowded this year tongue.png

Yes, yourselves included laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

Wow wellred you sound a right pompous **** and I think your a bit out of order...Stevie H is one of the few posters I enjoy reading on here over the past years and he is very well informed about LFC.

You clearly are deluded if you don't think FSG will not be thinking already its 'make or break' for Rodgers next year given they way they unceremoniously dumped Kenny.

Rodgers has said a lot and to be fair hasn't produced a lot either! Because you have to ask what has he achived as of yet? the judgemnt is still out and quite rightly shoud be by the end of next season. And like most managers it usually comes down to their signings.

He's made 2 very good signings in Sturridge and Couthinho so there are positives ... But Borini and Allen have not been so far. And now with these 2 spanish lads which look a gamble and all considered he has now spent a fair bit of cash already. So I too like Stevie and many other Red fans ive spoken to, have said we just hope he knows what he is doing. And would love nothing more for him to succeed but let's see.

Ipad- spelling.

Edited by Devil

I think rodgers has done ok, to me Liverpool have stepped up and played some of the best football they've played since the late evans and early mid benitez days. Rodgers as people have said can talk the talk and for me he's started to show he can walk the walk, whats the key 2 next season? suarez staying ?there are a few 'keys' tighten up at the bac a touch but ultimately keeping sturridge and courtinho fit. and this might bring hoots of derision but weirdly enuf as downings 'stepped up' so have liverpool..Top 4?,,, imo if the spainish boys pay off, have to say every chance they will be in the mix.

• Like 1

I think rodgers has done ok, to me Liverpool have stepped up and played some of the best football they've played since the late evans and early mid benitez days. Rodgers as people have said can talk the talk and for me he's started to show he can walk the walk, whats the key 2 next season? suarez staying ?there are a few 'keys' tighten up at the bac a touch but ultimately keeping sturridge and courtinho fit. and this might bring hoots of derision but weirdly enuf as downings 'stepped up' so have liverpool..Top 4?,,, imo if the spainish boys pay off, have to say every chance they will be in the mix.

Rodgers' job could well be made a lot harder if Senor Suarez carries on behaving like a Luka Modric. No manager needs this from his best player.

I wonder if it wasn't for his nine match ban whether he would go on strike too as did Modric? Regardless, when does the hour arrive when such a character becomes a divisive figure in the dressing room?

I personally don't think Liverpool are quite ready for the top four but one things for sure, they really need to make a good start. What i am expecting to see is a marked improvement

Anyone going to Liverpool game in BKK?,booking my tickets today,plenty left by all accounts.

After living in Thailand for nearly 10 years,this is the first time I've got to see us in BKK,any suggestions for good places to bevvy before and after the game?

Thanks in advance.

PST.

consistency is the main ingredient Liverpool lacked last season.next out the door ?shelvey ,.he can huff and puff but imo hejust ain't a rodgers type player.

12 points is a hell of a lot to make up unless you improve the team dramaticly and can't really see that the new signings have done this, more likely to be squad players ! No Suarez for 9 games and will he be that interested when he comes back ? Gerrald will be another year older ! all in all i think a difficult season for the bindippers 2.gif

Footnote : Did they buy Staveros by the way ?

consistency is the main ingredient Liverpool lacked last season.next out the door ?shelvey ,.he can huff and puff but imo hejust ain't a rodgers type player.

12 points is a hell of a lot to make up unless you improve the team dramaticly and can't really see that the new signings have done this, more likely to be squad players ! No Suarez for 9 games and will he be that interested when he comes back ? Gerrald will be another year older ! all in all i think a difficult season for the bindippers 2.gif

thats the way i see it. especially if the current top five strengthen too which in all likelehood they will. I really think Rodgers needs to sort the Suarez situation out.

There was more than 12 points worth of games last year that could have went our way and didn't, "improve dramatically" is an overstatement.

How can you actually comment about what new signings have done for a team when they haven't even started training yet?

Also who says we are finished signing new players?

Suarez won't be playing for Liverpool next season.

Trolling tosh post!

Alfies not trolling he's being objective Bob. Twelve points is a big gap to close and every team cann talk about games that could have gone differently couldn't they. Fact is, they didn't and thats that. In all likelihood the top five will all be strengthening too so and at least two of them could well be spending big.

Secondly Gerard is still a talisman and still a very fine player but he is one year older and will have to be used more sparingly.

Suarez is not necessarily off but he might be. But even if he does stay you will lose your best player for the first nine games and whilst you win ratio last season was good when you were without him would you like to bet on that being the case again?

I can't see where the troll is here.