Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Toure Skrtel and Cissokho a combination of defenders that scares no one.

aye. and skrtel does my head in with his absurd gridiron blocking style 'defending' at every dead ball. it's ludicrous, just head the <deleted> thing away you berk.

glen johnson is miles away from his best form as well. so between a never settled back four and a 'keeper still finding his feet it's perhaps not surprising that we do concede so many goals. need to address it pronto though.

I doubt any other team will score 5 goals at Stoke this season........well done!

True, and a very good three points. mind you, i doubt many teams will concede three to Stoke either.

Mental game but very exciting.

I just wonder when will clubs realize that Mark Hughes really is a crap manger? Why and how does he get employment?

And still beat them by two goals. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

I doubt any other team will score 5 goals at Stoke this season........well done!

True, and a very good three points. mind you, i doubt many teams will concede three to Stoke either.

I just wonder when will clubs realize that Mark Hughes really is a crap manger? Why and how does he get employment?

Well yes and i did say it was a very good three points but i was simply highlighting an area that Liverpool will need to work on to realize their top four ambitions. Its not a case of being able to blast five past a hughes team but more a case of what your top four rivals will do to a leaky defense if Stoke can score three times.

Well yes and i did say it was a very good three points but i was simply highlighting an area that Liverpool will need to work on to realize their top four ambitions. Its not a case of being able to blast five past a hughes team but more a case of what your top four rivals will do to a leaky defense if Stoke can score three times.

well, beat us 2-1 at their own grounds apparently.

but our defence is a big issue. we're too inconsistent, skrtel's an idiot, we look powderpuff without sakho in there and we've had shocking injuries making us unable to field a regular back four like, say, arsenal have been able to.

plus glen johnson has forgotten that he's a top international right-back, which doesn't help.

• Like 1

aye. and skrtel does my head in with his absurd gridiron blocking style 'defending' at every dead ball. it's ludicrous, just head the fuc_king thing away you berk.

glen johnson is miles away from his best form as well. so between a never settled back four and a 'keeper still finding his feet it's perhaps not surprising that we do concede so many goals. need to address it pronto though.

Any game now Skrtel is going to cost us points. Surely him, and the coaching staff are aware that the probability of this happening now are nigh on guaranteed. And yes it is fuc_king ridiculous and annoying.

I'm not hearing too much on the rumor mill regarding a remedy for this defensive issue DM AM and Striker hearsay but nothing about a solid right sided centre back to partner Sakho is a dream and another LB, Charlie Adam had Cissokho for breakfast in that first half particularly.

What about that Ilori lad he plays on the right where is he?

aye. and skrtel does my head in with his absurd gridiron blocking style 'defending' at every dead ball. it's ludicrous, just head the fuc_king thing away you berk.

double

Edited by BangrakBob

They don't only blast 5 past a Hughes team. wink.png

• Like 1

To be fair to the Welsh Allardyce, they had only conceded 7 at home all season before yesterday!

Any game now Skrtel is going to cost us points. Surely him, and the coaching staff are aware that the probability of this happening now are nigh on guaranteed. And yes it is fuc_king ridiculous and annoying.

I'm not hearing too much on the rumor mill regarding a remedy for this defensive issue DM AM and Striker hearsay but nothing about a solid right sided centre back to partner Sakho is a dream and another LB, Charlie Adam had Cissokho for breakfast in that first half particularly.

What about that Ilori lad he plays on the right where is he?

Fernando Reges (Porto) seems to be number 1 (DM) choice...was scouted again yesterday. As for Ilori, he is in the <21s doing ok but is prone to the odd lapse of concentration... Him and Johnson in the same eleven would scare the shit out of me at the moment 55555.

The Skrtel thing is annoying I admit, but Shawcross, Terry et al have been doing the same for years. Biggest problem now is that MS is being focussed on by TV so sooner rather than later, he will be pulled up. Just hope it is in a game where we are well ahead.

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

To be fair to the Welsh Allardyce, they had only conceded 7 at home all season before yesterday!

That's not fair, I have never seen Hughes masticating in front of the fans, the way Sam does!!

As I said before the game that was a big test and we came through it. Delighted! Even more so due to them pulling as back our two goal lead. Showed character there.

Agree with what people have said, always a mistake in us at the back and yes sooner or later MS will be pulled up. Like was said hope we are 3 up by then.

Henderson had his worse game for a while whilst Sterling was superb. Can see Coutinho making way for Sturridge next week at home to Villa.

Rodgers should be given credit aswell for going 2 up front at 3-2.

Well done lads, onto next week.

YB

Dermot Gallagher reckons that no Ref will pull Skrtl up for a penalty or pull up any other player for that matter doing the same.Seems like defenders know this too ,that's why it's going on so much...Anyway I don't know what all the fuss is about ,it's a mans game & people have been moaning for years that it's all gone a bit soft with no physical contact.

Skrtl & shawcross were having a grapple in the net in the second half & the ref only pulled them up for it after the ball had gone dead about a minute later,quick word ,off you go boys.

Dunno what the &lt;deleted&gt; our penalty was given for though if the above is allowed & then you can't sheperd an attacking player which ever way you want with minimal contact without giving away a soft penalty .Very confusing ,but if it was all black&white tv pundits would be out of a job & fans have nothing to bitch about

Thought Stevie did ok to be honest, making good tackles from the off and clearing up well...in the main. Probably picked this game to try it given the size of the Stoke team. SG being more physically suited to the role than Lucas.

Here is Stevie demonstrating that point!

https://vine.co/v/hL7bAEHEvAl

heh. big evertonian is walters. it's almost like gerrard knew or something.

• Like 1

I read that Liverpool have thrown their hat in the ring for defensive midfielder Fernando. The agent says any offers need to come soon as a deal with Porto has been agreed, though this could just be bluff to get more money.

he seems to be the sort of player we could do with at the moment.

I read that Liverpool have thrown their hat in the ring for defensive midfielder Fernando. The agent says any offers need to come soon as a deal with Porto has been agreed, though this could just be bluff to get more money.

Liverpool have a very poor defence and Skirtel WILL be caught out soon,with all the shirt pulling he does.No top 4 with a back 4 like that.Very lucky with decisions and stoke giving goals away,the spanish penalty just about sums up Sterling,he should be banned for 10 games for his diving skills

Liverpool have a very poor defence and Skirtel WILL be caught out soon,with all the shirt pulling he does.No top 4 with a back 4 like that.Very lucky with decisions and stoke giving goals away,the spanish penalty just about sums up Sterling,he should be banned for 10 games for his diving skills

tremendous. why not make it a 20 game ban? or 30?

you do know he was fouled, right?

"So Liverpool are in talks with Suarez's agent in Spain"

Not the only agent Ayres has met in Spain this week....."Can you hear the drums Fernando" and no, I don't mean Torres;)

Old news about Fernando... Ayres met his agent almost a month ago.

he should be banned for 10 games for his diving skills ................. idiot

he should be banned for 10 games for his diving skills ................. idiot

Bernard should be banned for 10 posts for his mince talking skills

• Like 1

The way the midfield was swapped around, as discussed earlier, I didn't like it. Gerrard gave the ball away too much from back there, at least in that match. Henderson did at a few key times as well. That seems to be a core problem when we give away goals, giving the ball away too cheaply, which is somewhat surprising since we know Rodgers likes his team to be experts at possession, though with Liverpool this season it's been more about yes, keeping possession when we can but also attacking quickly with incisive, sometimes risky passing, which can leave us caught out at times.

I thought the weather may have contributed to the game. It was wild and frenetic, just like the players!

I've heard numerous defenders, especially ex-players in the media, say the most important part of the back line is consistency, especially in the central pairing, which we haven't had.

About Lucas, though, I think it must have been more about bringing Gerrard back from injury in a more defensive position where he wouldn't have long sprints as much. According to the stats I looked up, Lucas is back to being one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League based on both tackles (1st) and interceptions (7th) per game. So, he's not really doing that badly, is he? Not sure why his position would need to be "covered" when he's in the starting 11! It had to be more about wanting to put Gerrard there for at least this one match but we'll see what the future holds.

Kids beat a strong Villa side 3-1 in 4th round. Now meet Norwich (holders)or Watford next. Video courtesy of a Vietnamese lad. Worth following his site as he shows all the youth/<21 games. Look out for Harry Wilson, a second half sub....still only 16 and possibly the next Welsh Bale!

http://youth.lfc.vn/u18s-villa-facup-s14/

Wasn't he the lad who made an appearance for the welsh senior team and his grandad won a load of money from a bet he'd placed years ago?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1