Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Which means Norwich will never ever be able to compete with City cos they don't have the wonga.

FFP does not seem to be the answer to levelling the playing field, if indeed that is what UEFA are trying to do?

There seems to be some doubt about that.

I don't think the idea is to create a level playing field as such. There will always be poor clubs and rich clubs.. that will never change, and of course the rich clubs will always have advantage over the poor clubs.

I think the idea is rather to ensure that clubs are living within their means, and that money they spend is money they generate. If they are spending money that they haven't generated, that has say for example simply been given to them, well then it's hardly sustainable is it, because the moment they have to stand on their own two feet, they are going to sink.

• Like 1

I take your point rijit.

Up to the FA to adopt FFP maybe.

At the moment Spurs are not constrained in any way unless they get into Europe.

Top 4 are. So a penalty imposed on City by UEFA is irrelevant to the prem.

If Spurs get into CL they will be scrutinised by UEFA.

I've been thinking about this overnight.

If you follow the logic above, basically what it means is, UEFA are effectively making it difficult for clubs to buy their way into Europe.

So instead of it being a leveller, it looks like more like exclusion!

Clubs who are already in are in, and those who ain't, almost impossible.

System favours the City's and the Chelski's who have established themselves by spending the wonga in previous seasons.

facepalm.gif

I've got a headache now.

I take your point rijit.

If you follow the logic above, basically what it means is, UEFA are effectively making it difficult for clubs to buy their way into Europe.

System favours the City's and the Chelski's who have established themselves by spending the wonga in previous seasons.

facepalm.gif

I've got a headache now.

Rubbish.

Liverpool are in it this year for the first time in ages, and I doubt they are the only club in that position; decent teams with decent players and decent managers will get there.

The teams that have fast tracked it by spending hundreds of millions on players are the ones that probably would not have been there otherwise, and they are there at the expense of teams that are balancing their budgets.

If you like, Chelsea and Manchester City are the ones keeping Everton and Tottenham out of it.

I take your point rijit.

facepalm.gif

I've got a headache now.

Rubbish.

Liverpool are in it this year for the first time in ages, and I doubt they are the only club in that position; decent teams with decent players and decent managers will get there.

The teams that have fast tracked it by spending hundreds of millions on players are the ones that probably would not have been there otherwise, and they are there at the expense of teams that are balancing their budgets.

If you like, Chelsea and Manchester City are the ones keeping Everton and Tottenham out of it.

But they haven't done it on 4 shillings and sixpence have they.

Let not your angst with City and Chelski get in the way of clarity of thought chicog.

I take your point rijit.

facepalm.gif

I've got a headache now.

Rubbish.

Let not your angst with City and Chelski get in the way of clarity of thought chicog.

Don't be an idiot, you know the disparity in transfer spending between the current top two and the rest.

That's the only reason they are there.

I take your point rijit.

facepalm.gif

I've got a headache now.

Rubbish.

Don't be an idiot, you know the disparity in transfer spending between the current top two and the rest.

That's the only reason they are there.

.....even though pre-Roman Chelsea were generally above Spurs and Everton in the prem?

• Like 1

Borini??? 9 goals in 39 apps. Naaaaaahhhhhhh!!

Put him in a decent side where he gets good service, could be 18-20 a season?

He's not even the top scorer for Sunderland!!

I don't know if your a particular fan of poyet, personally i rate him, but he came out fairly recently and said he thought Borini was good enuf to play for any team. Add that to what i've seen. I make him about right.

I take your point rijit.

facepalm.gif

I've got a headache now.

Rubbish.

Will they chic, i luved the way liverpool played this season, but would l they have got there if they wern't prepared to basically lose 80 mil?

• Like 2

I just settled down to watch the footie. Not on till tomorrow... what a plonker. Another day of wishing and prayer to look forward to.blink.png

By the way, no suggestions about defenders yet. I don't watch European football, and thought a few suggestions could help me fine tune my wish list. Shaw ain't gonna come, caulker looks interesting, Williams has had a dip (plus bad press with Suarez), though there is some talk of Cole from Chelsea.

Who's gonna win the league...the predictions league that is?

Edited by nellyp

I take your point rijit.

facepalm.gif

I've got a headache now.

Rubbish.

Will they chic, i luved the way liverpool played this season, but would l they have got there if they wern't prepared to basically lose 80 mil?

Nope. Liverpool accountants confirm that it cost them precisely 4 shillings and sixpence.

So Delia at Norwich is wetting her knickers.

If you had a choice between Barkley or Lallana?

oi bob!!! lfc wont ave a choice..... get back to your pools......... pretty bubbles in the airtongue.png

Yeah I think you might be right....it's the "pools" that has me guessing whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

Not the littlewoods pools! swimming pools my friend!!!.............pretty bubbles in the air......last seen in nov 2012biggrin.png

OI OIIIII my old friend......itching to be back sat in my seat of a weekend wink.png Aaaah matey praying to the teapot in the sky that your boys pull a late winner off Downing's cross on to Carroll's bonce!

Hope you are well fella!

I just settled down to watch the footie. Not on till tomorrow... what a plonker. Another day of wishing and prayer to look forward to.blink.png

By the way, no suggestions about defenders yet. I don't watch European football, and thought a few suggestions could help me fine tune my wish list. Shaw ain't gonna come, caulker looks interesting, Williams has had a dip (plus bad press with Suarez), though there is some talk of Cole from Chelsea.

Who's gonna win the league...the predictions league that is?

Haha

What about the big psycho Greek lad and there was another one like him last summer. Think we need a bit more toe at the back.

Looks like you might pip me on the FF this year I was hoping to win the Classic and Head to Head but i've <deleted> slipped up myself and could end up 4th and 4th after tomorrow! You blasted home a bit to late this year.

MrBoj back to back titles on here!

Yeah arguably the biggest day of the season and they have it on sunday? <deleted> !!!!!!! whats wrong with saturday, having all the games on sunday just don't seem right, traditionally English football is primarily a Saturday thing, always has been and imo always should be.

• Like 1

shay given in as reserve goalkeeper by the way. we're so <deleted> midtable.

Well, just to put a positive spin on today, Stevie do you remember saying that in August? If it wasn't for a pathetic on side goal disallowed( was it first game against City? ) a slip, and ambition to reduce the goal difference against Palace, it could have been very different.

However, just think pre-season, as the Sloop John B states-in footballing terms anyway-

It's the greatest journey I have ever been on

Congrats lads on a job well done this season. Hold on to Suarez and we'll see you again next season.

You're on !!

No shame here finishing behind such a good squad .Proud of our LFC team this season .rolleyes.gif

d

Schaden freude strikes again.

The little bitch will not only see Liverpool next season.

Who or what are you on about .?

Get back with the peasants in ye own thread little boy

Chelsea will accept defeat, but cockiness gets right up the nose.

So jellydog schadenfreude needs to be a little bit careful, because sooner or later something might bite him.

He is very sophisticated in his delivery.

A big potent striker could make the difference.

Little dog will bitch if he loses.

I can only presume you do not understand what schadenfreude means, now that is schadenfreude laugh.png

Yep. Fully aware of what sf means. And it doesn't change with time.

What goes around comes around. Little bitches are always little bitches however.

laugh.png

Who or what are you on about .?

Get back with the peasants in ye own thread little boy

Chelsea will accept defeat, but cockiness gets right up the nose.

So jellydog schadenfreude needs to be a little bit careful, because sooner or later something might bite him.

He is very sophisticated in his delivery.

A big potent striker could make the difference.

Little dog will bitch if he loses.

Are you making threats? Or just acting the large one?

Calm down whatever it is kidder ,we are happy ,.