Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Similar sentiment as us when the ***s took over our club. Funny though, after the intitial furor and a couple of EPL titles and a CL in the Bank, nobody seems to care :o

not really the same, the opposition to the glazers was based on not wanting to sell to foreign owners if i remember rightly. the glazers never lied about what they planned to do, didn't as far as i know load loans onto the club with the club as collateral, and didn't lie about a new stadium. nor did they go behind the manager's back and meet with jurgen bloody klinsmann with a view to replacing alex ferguson. the glazers have actually been very good for united, something i don't think any fan expected them to be.

Similar sentiment as us when the ***s took over our club. Funny though, after the intitial furor and a couple of EPL titles and a CL in the Bank, nobody seems to care :o

not really the same, the opposition to the glazers was based on not wanting to sell to foreign owners if i remember rightly. the glazers never lied about what they planned to do, didn't as far as i know load loans onto the club with the club as collateral, and didn't lie about a new stadium. nor did they go behind the manager's back and meet with jurgen bloody klinsmann with a view to replacing alex ferguson. the glazers have actually been very good for united, something i don't think any fan expected them to be.

well I will trade you the 35m in interest payments for ours....

In the year to June 2006, Red Football paid a total of £85.2m in interest. The 2007 figures are expected to show a fall but are still likely to be around £67m. The interest charges are likely to be made up of £42m in what accountants call “cash pay interest”. This is the actual interest which must be paid by cash generated from the football club business.

not sure what your point is or what you're trying to prove james? i know that united are in enormous debt, everyone does. it's a sign of the times. but as a club they're better set up to service it than liverpool presently are. united made 90m GBP more than liverpool in income last season.

Yet stark as it looks, this does not, apparently, mean United are in

trouble, struggling to bear the massive borrowings taken out by the

Glazer family to buy the club in 2005, then loaded on to United to pay

off. Given United's level of success, the TV fortunes made from winning

last season's Premier and Champions Leagues, the 75,000 bums on Old

Trafford seats, and all the club's industrial moneymaking, their 2007–08

accounts, shortly to be announced, are certain to declare the highest

turnover and profit ever made by an English football club.

plus the glazers never lied to anyone about their intentions, unlike hicks and gillett.

not sure what your point is or what you're trying to prove james? i know that united are in enormous debt, everyone does. it's a sign of the times. but as a club they're better set up to service it than liverpool presently are. united made 90m GBP more than liverpool in income last season.

Yet stark as it looks, this does not, apparently, mean United are in

trouble, struggling to bear the massive borrowings taken out by the

Glazer family to buy the club in 2005, then loaded on to United to pay

off. Given United's level of success, the TV fortunes made from winning

last season's Premier and Champions Leagues, the 75,000 bums on Old

Trafford seats, and all the club's industrial moneymaking, their 2007–08

accounts, shortly to be announced, are certain to declare the highest

turnover and profit ever made by an English football club.

plus the glazers never lied to anyone about their intentions, unlike hicks and gillett.

well you would certainly know more about hick and shave than me for sure. Look at it this way, at least you are not Newly-relegated Castle.

Edited by bkkjames

A grab of both Villa and Silva would be welcomed by me...

One can only wish... We really need to sign 3 top players (suppose every side does though) :o

Anyway to be linked with the likes of Silva is very good news, I can see where Raffa is going with that as he would fit in nicely.

Another one that is on my wish list - Athletico Madrid Striker - Aguero, he looks the real deal wonder if he will make it to the EPL next season? no links to LFC though.

Hes in my my squad for FIFA on Xbox anyway :D

Edited by Devil

One can only wish... We really need to sign 3 top players (suppose every side does though) :o

Anyway to be linked with the likes of Silva is very good news, I can see where Raffa is going with that as he would fit in nicely.

Another one that is on my wish list - Athletico Madrid Striker - Aguero, he looks the real deal wonder if he will make it to the EPL next season? no links to LFC though.

anymore spaniards on your club and pretty soon we'll be calling you Real Liverpool

anymore spaniards on your club and pretty soon we'll be calling you Real Liverpool

aguero is from argentina. :D

Stevie, for such a poor side, you seems to have alot of players mate :D:o

Uefa slam 'ridiculous' Big Four squad sizes

• Liverpool amass 62-man squad under Benítez

• Limit of 25 players for the Champions League

Uefa havebranded as "ridiculous" the number of players on the payroll of the Premier League's Big Four clubs. Liverpool, who under Rafa Benítez have stockpiled a 62-man squad, the biggest in the league and enough for more than five full teams, have come in for particular criticism.

Uefa limit clubs to 25 players each for the Champions league and their general secretary, David Taylor, speaking exclusively to Observer Sport, said: "Ridiculous. 62? You could have two full-size practice games. You can only field 11 at one time. It's an open question as to how many you actually need. Is it 20, 25?"

Taylor's comments are likely to spark a further row between the governing body of European football and the Premier League. Last week William Gaillard, special adviser to Uefa president Michel Platini, said: "One proposal which seems to be gaining a consensus is limiting the number of professional contracts as we already do in the Champions League. But we would need to get the backing of the major clubs, of the associations running their domestic competitions."

Taylor said he is unsure what benefit Liverpool might derive from having so many professionals. "You'd have to ask them," he said. When the question was put to Liverpool, they declined to comment.

The Premier League said squad size was a matter for individual clubs. "The size of a club's squad is for the club to decide upon. They will have their own aspirations to progress in different competitions over the season and as such will have a squad available to them that they feel meets those demands." Arsenal and Manchester United have more than 50 professionals each and Chelsea 46. Bolton have the fewest: 27.

Taylor supports limits on squad size and said: "Uefa has been in the vanguard of this and we certainly feel it's very useful. But that's for organisers of domestic leagues to decide among the clubs."

Liverpool have so many players that Benítez has been able to loan out 17 of them this season. Some of those on the Anfield payroll told Observer Sport that they find the situation "frustrating" and "demoralising". One young player, Craig Lindfield, 20, who is on loan at Accrington Stanley, said: "That's the difference between Liverpool and other clubs, young lads get more of a chance elsewhere." Gordon Taylor, the PFA chief executive, admitted to concerns over the future of these young players.

"Six hundred each year join Premier and Football League clubs at 16," he said. "Of those, 500 will be out of the game by 21. It's a big wastage and not good enough. We have got to look at improving the ­success rate of academies and centres of excellence. Those who don't make it at the top don't necessarily make it lower down. Skills and technique don't always count as much as strength and ­competitiveness. We're finding a big black hole between 19 and 21."

interestingly that article doesn't point out that a) well over half of those players are part of the melwood academy and form the reserve squad or :o that our annual wage bill is around 20m-30m GBP less than those of united, chelsea and arsenal.

interestingly that article doesn't point out that a) well over half of those players are part of the melwood academy and form the reserve squad or :D that our annual wage bill is around 20m-30m GBP less than those of united, chelsea and arsenal.

well, I guess that's because it wasn't written by a liverpool supporter. :D:D:o

torres was bought under their ownership yeah, but still with loans which they loaded onto the club having said that they wouldn't use the club as collateral against any loans. the lying frauds.

sadly hicks looks like he's digging in for the long-haul lately. i think gillett will go in the summer which could mean middle eastern investment coming in.

I'm wondering who brokered the Benitez deal,Stevie,if Hicks and Gillett are skint and Parry is on his way.

interestingly that article doesn't point out that a) well over half of those players are part of the melwood academy and form the reserve squad or :D that our annual wage bill is around 20m-30m GBP less than those of united, chelsea and arsenal.

well, I guess that's because it wasn't written by a liverpool supporter. :D:D:o

a badly-researched article is a badly-researched and incorrect article, whoever the journalist supports.

torres was bought under their ownership yeah, but still with loans which they loaded onto the club having said that they wouldn't use the club as collateral against any loans. the lying frauds.

sadly hicks looks like he's digging in for the long-haul lately. i think gillett will go in the summer which could mean middle eastern investment coming in.

I'm wondering who brokered the Benitez deal,Stevie,if Hicks and Gillett are skint and Parry is on his way.

hicks did oldgit. gillett wanted / wants benitez out.

Anfield backroom team agree deals

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez

Benitez has committed his future to the club until 2014

Five members of Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez's backroom team have followed his lead by committing their long-term futures to the club.

Assistant boss Sammy Lee and first team coach Mauricio Pellegrino have agreed extensions of at least two years.

Goalkeeping coach Xavi Valero, fitness coach Paco de Miguel and chief scout Eduardo Macia have also re-signed.

Benitez said: "I'm delighted. Continuity is essential to build on the progress we have made this season."

One man who looks unlikely to be part of the club's future plans, however, is Valencia striker David Silva.

Benitez distanced himself from speculation about a move for the 23-year-old Spain international, saying: "We will not be signing him.

"We are working hard, talking with the scouting department and looking at names and options for next season but it's still too soon (to identify definite targets)."

After thrashing both Manchester United and Aston Villa, Liverpool could go top of the Premier League in eight days' time if they manage to avoid defeat at Fulham.

But Benitez has called for focus from players and supporters, who would be forgiven for dreaming of a first title in 19 years after recent performances.

"Football can change very quickly, and that is why we say it is important to just take one game at a time," he said.

"Everything can change each week, and maybe next week we can be at the top again.

"My message to the fans is to keep calm. I can see the people have a lot of confidence at the moment, and that is good."

BBC

great news about gerrard, kuyt too.

mascherano will play tonight as he's suspended for chelsea on wednesday.

Ok forgot about Masch has to miss a game.

Fulham isn't going to be an easy game after the break. I think we will win - well we have to really. And Raffa may make a few changes with the mid week Chelsea game in mind.

How do you see both games going?

Edited by Devil

think we have to go for it at fulham as every league game is a must win, plus if we can beat them then we can go top again, at least until tomorrow.

chelsea i'll be happy enough with a clean sheet to be honest. don't know how he's going to play it in that one, whether we'll go out and at them like we did to madrid or whether we'll just be cagier and make sure not to concede.

chelsea i'll be happy enough with a clean sheet to be honest. don't know how he's going to play it in that one, whether we'll go out and at them like we did to madrid or whether we'll just be cagier and make sure not to concede.

The last one. :o

Edited by rixalex

agree rix, seen some people this morning saying we were lucky, but i'd say that going in at half-time 0-0 having hit the bloody woodwork five times is the definition of 'unlucky'.

three days rest until chelsea now. come on the villa.

"Five times did Liverpool advance upon the armies of Craven Cottage, and five times did the woodwork deny them. And upon the dying minutes the Liverpool faith didst turn their eyes to the dugout and cry: 'Manager, who shall deliver us from the Valley of the Shadow of Draws?'

And the Manager looked upon his substitute bench and said unto the fourth official: 'Pick up your substitution board and walk.'

And the Assistant Manager Sammy appeared to the Liverpool faithful and said: 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy. For unto us a goalscorer has been bought, for unto us a goal shall be given. And it shall be from Yossi Benayoun.'

And lo! the fourth official did lift his substitution board and call forth Yossi Benayoun. And unto the pitch Yossi did go. And he reared back his mighty leg and struck the ball into the net, and the men of Liverpool cried out in celebration and embraced him. As Yossi raised his right arm in victory the Liverpool faithful did rejoice. And as he raised his left arm Liam Neeson did smile.

And Yossi turned to his flock and spake thus: 'Blessed are the Merseysiders, for theirs is the Kingdom of Goals.'

And the Manager saw that it was good."

- The Book of Yossi, Verse 92:1.

"Five times did Liverpool advance upon the armies of Craven Cottage, and five times did the woodwork deny them. And upon the dying minutes the Liverpool faith didst turn their eyes to the dugout and cry: 'Manager, who shall deliver us from the Valley of the Shadow of Draws?'

And the Manager looked upon his substitute bench and said unto the fourth official: 'Pick up your substitution board and walk.'

And the Assistant Manager Sammy appeared to the Liverpool faithful and said: 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy. For unto us a goalscorer has been bought, for unto us a goal shall be given. And it shall be from Yossi Benayoun.'

And lo! the fourth official did lift his substitution board and call forth Yossi Benayoun. And unto the pitch Yossi did go. And he reared back his mighty leg and struck the ball into the net, and the men of Liverpool cried out in celebration and embraced him. As Yossi raised his right arm in victory the Liverpool faithful did rejoice. And as he raised his left arm Liam Neeson did smile.

And Yossi turned to his flock and spake thus: 'Blessed are the Merseysiders, for theirs is the Kingdom of Goals.'

And the Manager saw that it was good."

- The Book of Yossi, Verse 92:1.

yossi undervalued and under appreciated sometimes,worth his weight in gold.never realised that waxing lyrical was a scouse trait..................live and learn :o